• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove you Exist.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
in philosophy (Western) this is not a valid statement nor does it matter what you "want" it is what it is.
Western philosophy as I've discovered it is far more diverse than what seem to indicate. Moreover, what I "want" is what makes existence what it is. ;) Construct awareness can be directed introspectively upon the centerpiece of reality.

Fluffy

A fool
Another point is that any argument that attempts to prove the existence of "I" or "you" will be plagued by ambiguity until those indexicals are properly defined. You can't have a valid argument with ambiguous propositions.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Another point is that any argument that attempts to prove the existence of "I" or "you" will be plagued by ambiguity until those indexicals are properly defined. You can't have a valid argument with ambiguous propositions.

Leave it to Fluffy to mess up a perfectly good argument with logic. :p

Smoke

Done here.
Exactly. ;)

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
If I step on a scale you can determine my weight. You can observe the effect I have on objects around me as I move and manipulate them. If you stick a thermometer in me you can measure my temperature. You can examine my body and test my DNA to determine my species. Practically any of the criteria used to determine any objects existence can be used to determine my existence.

logician

The funny thing is, the only entity that can prove that a god exists is that god itself, because only that god has enough understandiong to define its own existence, so we may have a long wait.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
doppelgänger;1075414 said:
Unless someone else typed them just to try to prove you exist.

I assure you that I am the one who typed them with the same fingers with what I am typing now. :cool:
Regardless of who typed them, just the post proves that the poster exists.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
I assure you that I am the one who typed them with the same fingers with what I am typing now. :cool:
What if little gremlins are in my computer circuitry sticking bits into the RAM prompting the monitor to display "your" supposed words only to me?

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
doppelgänger;1075452 said:
What if little gremlins are in my computer circuitry sticking bits into the RAM prompting the monitor to display "your" supposed words only to me?

LOL cool, that's just impossible! Your imagination is vast :sarcastic

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I play Diablo2:LOD and they have what are called "bots" that actually take groups through what is known as the "Baal run".
These bots are merely computer programs that control a player character.

I have also seen "bots" that spam forums.
They create screen names, and then post their spam, then log off.
There are "bots" that spam WoW, D2, Everquest, and several other, if not all, online games.