• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putin says Russia wants end to war in Ukraine

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Like this one: Putin warns Satan II missile will soon be ready for combat

I'm holding out for a better source, though.

Well they've had a formidable nuclear arsenal for generations now, but I was reading a discussion on Quora the other day where someone questioned the current state of readiness of Russia's strategic forces. Considering the level of corruption and the kleptocratic ways of operating, it's entirely likely their nuclear forces could have been looted and gutted.

Wandering Monk

Well they've had a formidable nuclear arsenal for generations now, but I was reading a discussion on Quora the other day where someone questioned the current state of readiness of Russia's strategic forces. Considering the level of corruption and the kleptocratic ways of operating, it's entirely likely their nuclear forces could have been looted and gutted.

Nuclear warheads need to be reprocessed periodically to maintain their usefulness. It is a very expensive process.

What are the odds that kleptocrats would spend money on anything other than themselves?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nuclear warheads need to be reprocessed periodically to maintain their usefulness. It is a very expensive process.

What are the odds that kleptocrats would spend money on anything other than themselves?

Yeah, that's one of the points that was brought up in the thread I read, multiple times. Just the scandals that have become known regarding corruption and officials cooking the books, it makes it seem like the place is run by mobsters and the entire outfit is crooked from top to bottom.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Quiet you, you should know that warmongering, war profiteering neocon/neolib propaganda is the only perspective acceptable in this dump by now. We've totally never been lied into war before. Never, ever. Ignore the man behind the curtain. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the real goal is to have Putin "taken out" and regime change ala Iraq and Libya, as soulless psychopath Lindsey Graham (Bilderberger) has declared multiple times. "They" don't want peace. They want to weaken Russia and plunder it if they can. But nevermind, Putin is the real warmonger even though Russia has been calling for negotiations to end the conflict all year. It's Zelenskyy/NATO/Biden who refuse to come to the table.

I should preface this by saying that I find the United States' proclaimed support for democracy and human rights in Ukraine to be primarily rooted in geopolitical interests, much like it is concerning Taiwan. This is evidenced by the fact that the US supports dictatorships and a multitude of atrocities elsewhere in the world, or at the very least turns a blind eye to them so long as doing so doesn't upset its own interests. I don't find this surprising, since global powers like the US are often motivated by geopolitical interests rather than idealistic principles.

I also find Zelenskyy to be a hypocrite, because he has a record of supporting Israel even when it has committed blatant human rights violations against Palestinians and built illegal settlements. He of all people should especially oppose the latter, but he has been notably silent on it and has instead always voiced support for Israel.

That said, I do believe the right thing is to fully support Ukraine against Russia, and my abovementioned views don't affect this in the slightest. Putin is the clear aggressor in this case, and his forces have committed numerous atrocities and war crimes against Ukrainians, in addition to annexing Ukrainian territory. Whatever NATO's or the US' motivations may be, they don't change that Putin launched an unprovoked invasion, had clear designs on Ukrainian territory from the get-go, and allowed his forces to abuse and murder Ukrainians.

A major olive branch would be if Putin gave back all Ukrainian land he has annexed, pulled out of the country, and then sat down for negotiations. His claims of wanting to end the war hold no water when contrasted with his actions, which have given no indication whatsoever that he respects Ukrainian sovereignty or wants to stop the large-scale killing and war crimes that his forces have perpetrated.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Stevicus

If Putin is sincere about wanting to end the war, all he needs to do is call his armies back home to Russia and leave Ukraine in peace.
Of course what Putin means, is that he wants
unfettered acquisition of Ukraine, ie, its surrender.
May his military be vanquished.
And may Russia become too weakened to try it again.