• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Michael Brown leads to beating on St. Louis light rail train

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
(CNN)When one man sat down next to a second man in a St. Louis light rail car and asked him his opinion on the shooting of Michael Brown, it was not the beginning of a discussion.

It was the start of an assault, police said.

The second man, who was white, didn't want to answer the question. Then the first man, who was black, boxed him in the face. Two more African-American men joined in the beating, according to a police report about Monday's incident.

It was caught on surveillance cameras on the MetroLink train and a passenger recorded it with a cell phone and posted the video online. It has gone viral.

Police confirmed to CNN that the online images came from the attack.
Question about Mike Brown leads to beating in St. Louis - CNN.com

Basically, a white man is asked by a black guy what his opinion on the Brown case is, the white guy declines to answer and then the black guy and his friends beat the white guy, no one offers to help and people laugh at it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Somewhere, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are salivating.
jesse-jackson-dumbcrats-liberals-political-poster-1294183461.jpg

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
My point is that black people are as violently racist as anyone.
Including white cops.
Tom

My point, too, and I'm in a unique position to confirm that it's true. :)

So you both think that it is unfair of us to expect a higher standard from police than we expect from random people on the subway. Is that a fair interpretation of your "point"?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Basically, a white man is asked by a black guy what his opinion on the Brown case is, the white guy declines to answer and then the black guy and his friends beat the white guy, no one offers to help and people laugh at it.
This is the only place I've heard of it. Imagine if it was reversed; the media and activists would be hyperventilating over a hate crime. I would have seen it on my MSN Home Page. Welcome to a politically-correct world:rolleyes:. If you don't reverse discriminate enough you must be a racist:confused:.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
This is the only place I've heard of it. Imagine if it was reversed; the media and activists would be hyperventilating over a hate crime. I would have seen it on my MSN Home Page. Welcome to a politically-correct world:rolleyes:. If you don't reverse discriminate enough you must be a racist:confused:.
Lol, my MSN homepage is where I saw it. :D But, no - it's not going to be talked about much aside from articles on news sites like every other crime.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Racism is a problem in both communities. But institutional racism has an negative effect only with minorities. Especially Blacks.

All the op proves is the simple fact that everyone can be a racist prk.

But when these men get caught they will face criminal charges. Same goes for a gang of whites doing the same.

Same can't be said for police officers

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Can you give me an example of this institutionalized racism today. I question its existence.
I can think of some examples:
- NYC's "stop & frisk" policy was directed at minorities.
- Local governments here give preference to non-white contractors.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
(CNN)When one man sat down next to a second man in a St. Louis light rail car and asked him his opinion on the shooting of Michael Brown, it was not the beginning of a discussion.

It was the start of an assault, police said.

The second man, who was white, didn't want to answer the question. Then the first man, who was black, boxed him in the face. Two more African-American men joined in the beating, according to a police report about Monday's incident.

It was caught on surveillance cameras on the MetroLink train and a passenger recorded it with a cell phone and posted the video online. It has gone viral.

Police confirmed to CNN that the online images came from the attack.
Question about Mike Brown leads to beating in St. Louis - CNN.com

That's terrible. I hope they are prosecuted and convicted of assault and battery.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I can think of some examples:
- NYC's "stop & frisk" policy was directed at minorities.
- Local governments here give preference to non-white contractors.
You are saying it goes both ways.. What was NYC's (a pretty liberal constituency) "stop&frisk" policy?