• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about the Rapture.

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
Angry Atheists are fighting against pushy o'l christians. Y'all are feeding eachother. Om nom nom it up y'all.

OP's a troll. Go figure. Go on OP, Weed out the radical christians. Spray that weed killer!

Last edited:

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Angry Atheists are fighting against pushy o'l christians. Y'all are feeding eachother. Om nom nom it up y'all.

OP's a troll. Go figure. Go on OP, Weed out the radical christians. Spray that weed killer!

So you equate asking difficult questions to being a troll? Just because the question is not pleasant to have to answer, it doesn't make it trolling.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
The "rapture" probably is a misinterpretation of what Revelations actually was trying to communicate. It was written to mainly deal with the persecution under the Romans whereas the main message is to not lose the faith because Jesus will return, thus giving you the victory. IOW, Revelations was dealing with the here-and-now back then for "the Way" living under heavy Roman persecution.

This may or may not interest you. :)

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT THE RAPTURE

Many Christians pull from more than Revelations to justify belief in a literal, future tense rapture.

I'm not 100% as to what I believe in this regard. To answer Quartermass' question, if the rapture occurred in such a way, everyone else would be left behind.

I imagine that first business would be mourning over the loss of those gone and pursuits to figure out what the heck happened. I'm not certain as to what would happen after that.

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. There is no genetic cause behind behaviour. :facepalm:

Really on par with something ridiculous you wrote yesterday saying that if free will exists it should leave some physical residue. You feigning offense to ridiculous claims is rich.

If free will exists, then it should be observable to the objective eye. If it is only subjective to the subjective eye than it (like beauty) does not exist and is merely a pscyhological construct.

Last edited:

ForHisGlory

The scenario:

You are a christian when the rapture happens. Your family, however, are atheists. You know you're going to heaven.

But what about your family? what happens to them?

It's not the fact that your family is atheists, it's the fact that they rejected Christ during their lifetime. Their ultimate doom after the great tribulation period and the millennial reign of Christ is the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:14-15,

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Really on par with something ridiculous you wrote yesterday saying that if free will exists it should leave some physical residue. You feigning offense to ridiculous claims is rich.

Where did I type the exact words 'physical residue'? If you can't point to those exact words, stop trying to put words in my mouth and take quotes out of context.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So if a member of your family was not written in the book of life and cast into the lake of fire, how would you feel about that?

ForHisGlory

And how do you feel about the idea of god erasing those memories for you so that there's no grief?

Are you suggesting that God is not fair?

Revelation 21:4,

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality
Where did I type the exact words 'physical residue'? If you can't point to those exact words, stop trying to put words in my mouth and take quotes out of context.

I quoted you, you know. No one claimed you used any exact words besides what I quoted of you.

If you weren't simply pulling a ridiculous claim out of your nether parts, please do share with us what physical objective evidence of free will would look like if it doesn't take the form of some residue.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Are you suggesting that God is not fair?

Revelation 21:4,

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I'm suggesting that Big Brother would be interested in learning which memory-erasing methods god plans to use to make you forget about your family burning in the lake of fire in order to fulfil the above verse.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
I'm suggesting that Big Brother would be interested in learning which memory-erasing methods god plans to use to make you forget about your family burning in the lake of fire in order to fulfil the above verse.

I recommend liberal applications of cognac. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The scenario:

You are a christian when the rapture happens. Your family, however, are atheists. You know you're going to heaven.

But what about your family? what happens to them?

I don't believe people are raptured to Heaven.

I believe each person has to travel his own road.

Muffled

Jesus in me
They stay in this athiest hell-hole of a planet dropping bombs on each other 24/7 for ever more.

BTW - there is no rapture. Christians are going to have to endure the 7 Year Tribulation along with everyone else. This way, the atheist family members will have guidance back to Heaven for free.

I believe this shows a lack of understanding of the Bible.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The "rapture" probably is a misinterpretation of what Revelations actually was trying to communicate. It was written to mainly deal with the persecution under the Romans whereas the main message is to not lose the faith because Jesus will return, thus giving you the victory. IOW, Revelations was dealing with the here-and-now back then for "the Way" living under heavy Roman persecution.

I believe one can come up with a whole bunch of crazy theories by dropping acid but you have no need to do so.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I believe each person has to travel his own road.

I don't think that during the actual event it would be that easy for you to dismiss your family being sent to a lake of fire. If it is, you're pretty heartless.

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
I don't think that during the actual event it would be that easy for you to dismiss your family being sent to a lake of fire. If it is, you're pretty heartless.
When the time comes, those who are with God will not notice the difference anymore, but those who are left behind, they will do.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

God's presence will blot out the things of the former creation.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
When the time comes, those who are with God will not notice the difference anymore, but those who are left behind, they will do.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

God's presence will blot out the things of the former creation.

So you're happy to be made to forget your loved ones?

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
So you're happy to be made to forget your loved ones?

Unless you can theoretically define what it'd be like to be a soul (or conditioned energy) free from this physical world, no longer affected by chemicals in the brain, thoughts, feelings, etc, It's rather interesting that you assume such a thing is terrible. It wouldn't be like you forgot them.. it'd be more like your so wise/intelligent that the fact that they were your earthen family would just be irrelevant.

Last edited: