• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for atheists.

chinu

chinu
I am as sure of God existing as I am of aliens, angels, fairies, unicorns, hobbits, elves, and dragons existing.
What are aliens, angels, fairies, unicorns, hobbits, elves, and dragons etc.. ? and somebody was asking me about pimpies, chimpies, kimpies and limpies ? and one was asking me about mogos, chogos, fogos and trigod etc.. ? Do you know them ? :D

Anyways.. what about my OP question ? :)

Oh, hey....I think Game of Thrones is cool too. Lots of things to contemplate about there, but I hope nobody asks me if I'm SURE that Khal Drogo isn't waiting outside my front door.
Nobody asks you because nobody is fool here.. i think. :)

chinu

chinu
So I am quite safe in saying that there "is no God," because Aneris will always steal away anything Eris can make.
So.. you feel SAFE by saying there isn't God, and you feel UNSAFE by saying there's God, and i hope "God" is not listening all this, isn't it ? :D

I

chinu

chinu
Could it be that God is a metaphor for that which transcends all human comprehension yet forms the foundation of reality at the same time?
Yes,
like, eat suger, sweetness comes in the mouth and as well as mind too.
After that whenever we think suger, sweetness comes in the mind.
But, one cannot know sweetness until eating suger. :)

chinu

chinu
I figure the best "deity" already is what "encompasses and encapsulates" the whole of reality, and is so natural and common we dont even notice.
Yes, that what is called God.
Thats why I stopped the notion altogether concerning gods and such. Saw no real need anymore in light of everything.
Why you stopped i don't know. :)

chinu

chinu
I rarely say that god does not exist. I honestly can't think of the last time I said that. While some folks might say I am knit-picking, I am on record as saying the god(s) that the vast majority of human animals believe in -- does not exist -- beyond the confines of their own minds, of course. They are in for a bit of a disappointment. There is a subtle, but important, difference.
You mean disappointment makes you SURE ?

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Once there was a question which "COLOUR" is this ?

Some said: Red, Some said: Mahroon, Some said: Apple red, Some said: Ruby red, Some said: Blood red, Some said: Cherry Red etc... One colour, so many answers.

If it is so difficult to make clear among so many people that which colour is this, than how it is possible to make clear what is "Atheists", Thus.. i think there's no need to get entagle in so many new questions before coming to real question of thread, those who will feel to clear any point they will clear themselves. :)

There's a huge difference between a colour, which has many shades and variances, and the definition of the word "atheist", which is clear in most dictionaries. In any case, your assumption that an atheist is "someone who is SURE that there isn't a God" is not a definition I have ever encountered anywhere else.

Alceste

Vagabond
But because God lives in the mind, then doesn't it also exist beyond it?

The mind influences our behavior objectively, and influences our reality subjectively. If one believes in the God of Christianity for example, then God exists because they believe in it. We create these Gods, sure, they may not have a physical existence, sure, but they do still interfere with reality via our minds, isn't that enough to make any God "real"?

Here is my more in depth response. If we mean "real" in the sense that the perception of supernatural agency is an accurate reflection of objective truth, then it makes no difference what people think or believe. Objective reality is entirely unconcerned with our opinion of it. We are almost always wrong, too. Would you believe people used to think the earth was flat?

If you are going down that road of saying "exists in the mind" or "real in the understanding" I'm tired of it after all those ontological argument threads, and I'm not going with you. I think that sort of thing is an abuse of the English language.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
What are aliens, angels, fairies, unicorns, hobbits, elves, and dragons etc.. ? and somebody was asking me about pimpies, chimpies, kimpies and limpies ? and one was asking me about mogos, chogos, fogos and trigod etc.. ? Do you know them ? :D

Anyways.. what about my OP question ? :)

Nobody asks you because nobody is fool here.. i think. :)

I'm having the same difficulty as other members here regarding your latest series of posts. I can't comprehend what you're saying, chinu.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
For me "He" is the creator of everything, And for you "He's" the reason of your being an atheist.

Wrong, I'm an atheist because I'm a rationalist and a skeptic. Not believing in god is merely one natural conclusion of this worldview.

I hope you got now.

I got that your view of what atheism is rudimentary, one-sided, and misguided. I suspect the same applies to your view of what god is.

steeltoes

Question for atheists.
What makes you SURE that there's isn't any God ? :)

Theists, they believe on faith. Defining God is a subjective exercise making it uncertain as to what it is that atheists are supposedly denying.

Last edited: