• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the Non-Muslims

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
firtsly, can you please read about the islamic concept of hell here before answering the question, that would be very much appreciated.

Q: why do you care if Allah was to send you to hell?

Last edited:

Kerr

Well, I don´t like to suffer... or are you saying you do like to suffer? I am not sure though if it is better to worship a tyrant or go to hell.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Well, I don´t like to suffer... or are you saying you do like to suffer? I am not sure though if it is better to worship a tyrant or go to hell.

first, please do not reffer to Allah as a tyrant, if you can't go on debating without calling him a tyrant then please do not continue to post.

you say you don't want to suffer, so why do you choose the suffering with your own will then?

Kerr

first, please do not reffer to Allah as a tyrant, if you can't go on debating without calling him a tyrant then please do not continue to post.

you say you don't want to suffer, so why do you choose the suffering with your own will then?
A tyrant would condemn people because of faith, a god of love would do that depending on someones actions. It is the first that I have an issue with, since it means that no matter what I do or how good I am, I will be condemned, while someone who is... less... good... would not (honestly don´t like to place people in such an hierarchical order, lol).

And remember, I don´t believe in Allah... how can I believe he will send me to hell if I don´t believe in him?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend eselam,

Am still on the journey to find that illusive *I*.
Besides have heard that there are neither any hell or heaven, they are figment of imagination.
However, am sure the *self* when found would be willing to travel to any place like *hell* provided someone was buying a ticket to such a place.

Love & rgds

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What is the difference?
I mean morally, what is the difference?

Does not following a tyrant in hope of reward not make you AT LEAST as bad as the tyrant?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
firtsly, can you please read about the islamic concept of hell here before answering the question, that would be very much appreciated.
Ok, I reviewed this article. Nothing new to add to my understanding of the Islamic Hellfire.

You have to understand my perspective, Eselam. First I don't believe there is an Allah that is going to "do" anything to me. Second, I do not believe in any form of Hell worlds but understand why religions have created them to entice followers to their imagined "right path". Third, I do not expect any kind of rewards for my current life, you see, my "reward" if you must look at it in those terms, IS THIS LIFE. Quite honestly, my perspective is its own reward and is the result of innumerable lifetimes struggling through the muck of spiritual inquiry.

So, to fully answer your question, in literal terms, I do not care what Islam has to say about the afterlife. It is simply of no concern to me personally. I do become concerned when Muslims trumpet this vision of the afterlife as being reality however. To my thinking, that is just plain weird. I know many Muslims seek to warn us about our alleged fate but it seems to me that they are already living in their own self-created hell and so, are in no position to offer anyone any advice, except perhaps, how not to live ones life.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I reject both paradise and hell. Paradise's pleasures are a hell in themselves, and, of course, hell is unjust by its very nature if someone sends us there simply for disagreeing. I agree with Kerr, that such is the actions of a tyrant.

Hell is a state of mind, not a place. So is paradise.

Kerr

What is the difference?
I mean morally, what is the difference?

Does not following a tyrant in hope of reward not make you AT LEAST as bad as the tyrant?
Morally it is worse to follow a tyrant, but I am only human, so if I had to choose between that and eternal suffering... I would hope I would choose the later, but I don´t know if I would.

Venatoris

I would welcome hell with open arms.
My reasoning may seem rather simple minded but hell has one undeniable benefit.
If I go to hell, I will no longer have to put up with insufferable people telling me that I'm going to hell.:beach:

MissAlice

Seems the majority will go to hell anyway since so many of them have their own idea of god/s.

I'd say I'd rather go to hell then meet a tyrant of a man. A man who created people in the likeness of himself only to throw them into the horrors of hell because none of them worshipped or believed him in the "right" way. He should've at least expected the unbelievers to naturally have an inclination not to share or believe him in the same way.

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
A tyrant would condemn people because of faith, a god of love would do that depending on someones actions.

the people that would get sent to hell or paradise are sent there due to their actions, it's like what you plant in the planting season thats what you will harvest in the harvesting season. taking into account that the intention to do something is more important than the deed.

Allah Accepts Deeds That Are Only For Him
It is related by Umar Ibn al-Khattab (رضى الله تعالى عنه ) that he heard the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) say:
The actions are but judged according to intentions; and to every man is due what he intended. Thus, whosoever migrates for the sake of Allah (SWT) and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) (and there is no other motive of his migration except compliance with the commands of Allah (SWT) and his Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) and winning of their good pleasure), his migration is accounted for the sake of Allah and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم ) (and doubtlessly, he is to true Muhajir- Emigrant- and shall receive the recompense prescribed for Hijrat-Migration-towards Allah and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم )); and whosoever migrates for the sake of this world or to wed a woman (his migration will not be for Allah and the Prophet [صلى الله عليه وسلم ]), and will be accounted only for the purpose for which it is intended. (Bukhari and Muslim)
Commentary:
The Main purpose of the Hadith is to Show that the goodness or badness and acceptability or otherwise of all human actions is dependant on intention.
Or, in other words, only such deeds will be deemed good and carry merit in the sight of Allah (SWT) which is done with a good and virtues intention and a good deed noble and meritorious; on the contrary, it will held to be wicked and detestable according to the intention which motivated it through, apparently, it may be good and praiseworthy.
To summarise, Allah (SWT) judges the worth and value of a deed by the motive with which it is performed.

It is the first that I have an issue with, since it means that no matter what I do or how good I am, I will be condemned, while someone who is... less... good... would not (honestly don´t like to place people in such an hierarchical order, lol).

but why should you in this case have a reward equal to me, when all my deeds and intentions are to please Allah and obey him unlike your deeds and intentions that are so simply because you deem they are good? a rapist deemd raping as a good deed thats why he does it, so should he be equal to you and me?

we are simply judging our own deeds with our own criteria so how can any deed be bad or wrong in that case?

And remember, I don´t believe in Allah... how can I believe he will send me to hell if I don´t believe in him?

i believe in him, and the only thing i could say to you is, on the day of judgement all will be revealed.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
i believe in him, and the only thing i could say to you is, on the day of judgement all will be revealed.
Yes, Eselam, we get that. Now tell me, without resorting to scriptures, why do you think Judgment Day is a reasonable thing to believe in? Remember, you cannot cite any scriptures as I am curious what you think. Why do you think Judgment Day is a reasonable thing to believe in?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Yes, Eselam, we get that. Now tell me, without resorting to scriptures, why do you think Judgment Day is a reasonable thing to believe in? Remember, you cannot cite any scriptures as I am curious what you think. Why do you think Judgment Day is a reasonable thing to believe in?

well this life is a test, so at the end of the test everyone must get their results.