• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the Non-Muslims

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
No, As the hell is only temporary before everything inside it will be destroyed.

thats not what islam says. this life is temporary, but the next is eternal. it is kind of ironic that most people choose this temporary world over an eternal world. i myself can't understand that.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Imran bin Husayn (radiAllahu anhu) narrated that the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said:
“I looked into Paradise and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were the poor, and I looked into Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women.”
[Sahih al-Bukhari]
Sounds like the difference between Toorak and Coburg
Book me a ticket for Hell immediately please eselam.

Cheers

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
if punishment is given in the hell for all the sins including disbelieving allah, why islamic laws go for punishment here?

if one is punished by the laws of Allah for a sin he has commited then there will be no punishment for that sin in the hearafter.

nameless

The Creator
if one is punished by the laws of Allah for a sin he has commited then there will be no punishment for that sin in the hearafter.

but the punishment in hell is forever while it is not same here, why amount of punishment differs for the same sin ?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Sounds like the difference between Toorak and Coburg
Book me a ticket for Hell immediately please eselam.
Cheers

no need to book any tickets to hell, it's a free entry. you don't have to do much to get in.

Hadith - Qudsi 38
When Allah (swt) created Paradise and Hell-fire, He sent Gabriel to Paradise, saying: Look at it and at what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants. The Prophet said: So he came to it and looked at it and at what Allah had prepared therein for its inhabitants. The Prophet said: So he returned to Him and said: By your glory, no one hears of it without entering it. So He ordered that it be encompassed by forms of hardship, and He said: Return to it and look at what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants. The Prophet said: So he returned to it and found that it was encompassed by forms of hardship. Then he returned to Him and said: By Your glory, I fear that no one will enter it. He said: Go to Hell-fire and look at it and what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants, and he fount that it was in layers, one above the other. Then he returned to Him and said: By Your glory, no one who hears of it will enter it. So He ordered that it be encompassed by lusts. Then He said: Return to it. And he returned to it and said: By Your glory, I am frightened that no one will escape from entering it.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I reject both paradise and hell. Paradise's pleasures are a hell in themselves, and, of course, hell is unjust by its very nature if someone sends us there simply for disagreeing. I agree with Kerr, that such is the actions of a tyrant.

Hell is a state of mind, not a place. So is paradise.

you are sent to either hell or paradise due to your intention and actions not for dissagreeing. your home is a state of mind also correct?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
you are sent to either hell or paradise due to your intention and actions not for dissagreeing. your home is a state of mind also correct?

So it's possible, therefore, to disagree with the Qur'an and still be sent to paradise?

My home is existence.

Let me ask you this: is there a third option? Neither one is very appealing.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
So it's possible, therefore, to disagree with the Qur'an and still be sent to paradise?

no. if you dissagree with the quran you are dissagreeing with Allah since the quran is his word, therefore why should you expect to be sent to paradise?

My home is existence.

so how did you come up with the statement that hell and paradise are a state of mind?

Let me ask you this: is there a third option? Neither one is very appealing.

the third option is, you are sent to hell for a period of time to be punished for the sins you have done and then you are taken to paradise after you have done your time. but you must have been a muslim in this life, in this case a muslim who had more sins that good deeds.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
no. if you dissagree with the quran you are dissagreeing with Allah since the quran is his word, therefore why should you expect to be sent to paradise?

Exactly. The Qur'an presents God as King, and I do not worship kings. Kings are of earth.

so how did you come up with the statement that hell and paradise are a state of mind?
Heaven is a state of pure joy. Hell is a state of pure depression. I do not believe either one to be a place.

the third option is, you are sent to hell for a period of time to be punished for the sins you have done and then you are taken to paradise after you have done your time. but you must have been a muslim in this life, in this case a muslim who had more sins that good deeds.
I'll rephrase: can the righteous reject paradise?

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Sounds like god needs Lithium treatment. Has all the symptoms of a manic depression, paranoia and mood swings.

Cheers

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Heaven is a state of pure joy. Hell is a state of pure depression. I do not believe either one to be a place.

same as this life, some have pure joy some have pure suffering so then you original statement is wrong.

I'll rephrase: can the righteous reject paradise?

they wouldn't be righteous if they wanted to reject paradise. everyone works to attain paradise so why would a righteous person be righteous all his life and then want to go to hell?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
same as this life, some have pure joy some have pure suffering so then you original statement is wrong.

This life just is: it is not joy or suffering. In pain you can have joy, and in pleasure you can suffer.

they wouldn't be righteous if they wanted to reject paradise. everyone works to attain paradise so why would a righteous person be righteous all his life and then want to go to hell?

Because he didn't do righteous works for the sake of paradise, but for the sake of doing righteous works.

I, myself, have no desire for paradise; I'm trying to break away from the pleasures offered there and just do good for goods' sake. When I say "good", by the way, I mean deeds that help people and do as little harm to others as possible. I do not have this yet, so I clearly do not deserve paradise.

But why only two options? Why only extreme suffering or extreme bliss? Hardly just.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Allah is the King of Kings and the creator of all things.

I have no problem with those who wish to worship God as King. That's fine for them.

As for me, I prefer a more intimate relationship with God: as a Teacher and as a Friend. I get neither from the Qur'an.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend eselam,

Quote:
Q: why do you care if Allah was to send you to hell?
Am still on the journey to find that illusive *I*.
Besides have heard that there are neither any hell or heaven, they are figment of imagination.
However, am sure the *self* when found would be willing to travel to any place like *hell* provided someone was buying a ticket to such a place.

Love & rgds

Am still waiting for the ticket to hell!
Don't tell me the last ticket to hell got sold out!
That should be good news for everyone as they will know that HELL! has closed its gates FOREVER!
In such a case what about the free transfer offer? heard that those who could not be accommodated in hell automatically qualifies for a place in heaven / zannat?
Kindly intimate me the dates of the journey so that can make all earthly arrangements before final take off.
Love & rgds