• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the Non-Muslims

McBell

Admiral Obvious
we did not create bacteria and we are not limitless beings. god is limitless and all powerfull if he can't be just then whats the point of life?
images

thats not what islam says. this life is temporary, but the next is eternal. it is kind of ironic that most people choose this temporary world over an eternal world. i myself can't understand that.

It is not that hard to understand eselam. There are people who do not believe in an afterlife of any kind. Some believe in reincarnation. Others have different ideas concerning what an afterlife is like. See? Simple.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
See, this is where you are so sadly mistaken.
Now I understand that you can not grasp the concept, but the fact is, you are mistaken.

you can keep believing that.

And I will never repent to any deity so desperate for attention that it has to use the threat of hell to gain followers.

Allah is in no need of anything and the fear of Allah's punishment is for us so that we may repent. Allah forgives the sins of his searvent that turns in repentace. Allah does not need you or me, he created us, that itself shows that he is in no need of us, we didn't exist up untill a certain time while he is etternal, no begining and no end.

That is the picture you painted.
I merely called it for what I see it as.

good for you.

if that is your position, then so be it.
But your denial does not change the facts.

i'm waiting on those facts to pop up any second now.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
It is not that hard to understand eselam. There are people who do not believe in an afterlife of any kind. Some believe in reincarnation. Others have different ideas concerning what an afterlife is like. See? Simple.

wasn't really talking about that, but the fact that some members willingly asked for a ticket to hell. thats something i can't understand.

Kerr

we did not create bacteria and we are not limitless beings. god is limitless and all powerfull if he can't be just then whats the point of life?
For a limitless and all powerful being he sure likes to put limits on his followers. Seriously, if being unfaithful is such a big deal, he could just decide it isn´t and then it wouldn´t be. Then good people who did not believe would not have to go to hell just because they don´t believe.

all the laws of Allah are for the best interest of humans, why would Allah says submit yourself to me in order that you may escape the hell fire if it wasn't for our good? why would he forbi alcohol if it wasn't for our best interest, isn't man the one who gets drunk and kills many people be it through drink driving or other ways?

Lol, best interest of humans? If God really gave a **** about our best interests he would have simply created us living in paradise to begin with. Why the run around on earth? What possible purpose does creating us to live life on earth serve other than giving us the oppurtunity to fall short of his good graces when that is obviously not in our best interests? Don't bother bringing up free will nonsense because I have heard it all before and that is exactally what that argument is, nonsense. Why did God create us in such a way that we can even get drunk if getting drunk is soooo bad for us? God/Allah has our best interests at heart? Why was hell even created? Wouldn't it just be easier if you just admitted that your God is a saddistic dictator so you can stop trying to decieve yourself and others that your God is loving and merciful when clearly he is not? At least then unbelievers would respect you for being honest.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
firtsly, can you please read about the islamic concept of hell here before answering the question, that would be very much appreciated.

Q: why do you care if Allah was to send you to hell?

I don't,there is no Hell except the personal Hell suffered by victims of crime etc,the concept of Hell is the big stick partner of the Carrot of paradise.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
I would welcome hell with open arms.
My reasoning may seem rather simple minded but hell has one undeniable benefit.
If I go to hell, I will no longer have to put up with insufferable people telling me that I'm going to hell.:beach:

LOL, now that is funny

RamaRaksha

*banned*
As I have posted, your religion is now a cult - when you start threatening people - Be with us or else!

This is a King Religion - God made in the image of a King. In the olden days most kings were men, so God had to be a man. Kings pass commands, orders and judgements. Subjects in his presence cowered on their knees in fear. There can be only one King, only his voice - hence the difficulty the likes of Taliban have with the concept of democracy & freedom of thought, as does this starter of this thread.

India and Pakistan share a history going back hundreds of years - we are the same people. yet after independence, a poor India sticks to democracy defying naysayers while pakistan lurches from one despot to another. The only difference is religion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So it's possible, therefore, to disagree with the Qur'an and still be sent to paradise?

My home is existence.

Let me ask you this: is there a third option? Neither one is very appealing.

Yes there is a third option in Christianity although it may not appear in orthodox teaching. When Jesus comes there will be a rapture and all will be invited. It is most likely that the godless will refuse the invitation. However if such a person who desires to be rescued from the judgement accepts the invitation but still rejects Jesus, that person will be flung out into outer space. So that person has escaped Hell but has not received eternal life. I don't know if floating in darkness and seeing the stars is much more appealing than bathing in fire but I suppose there is less torment in it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
As I have posted, your religion is now a cult - when you start threatening people - Be with us or else!

This is a King Religion - God made in the image of a King. In the olden days most kings were men, so God had to be a man. Kings pass commands, orders and judgements. Subjects in his presence cowered on their knees in fear. There can be only one King, only his voice - hence the difficulty the likes of Taliban have with the concept of democracy & freedom of thought, as does this starter of this thread.

India and Pakistan share a history going back hundreds of years - we are the same people. yet after independence, a poor India sticks to democracy defying naysayers while pakistan lurches from one despot to another. The only difference is religion.

The difference is that India was ruled by the British for years and they inculcated democracy. Unless you wish to say that Christianity had something to do with it. I tend to doubt that since kings ruled under Christianity for a long time. The same can be said for Hinduism. However even democracy has its shortcomings because a government will only be as good as the people running it.

nameless

The Creator
Last edited:

RamaRaksha

*banned*
The difference is that India was ruled by the British for years and they inculcated democracy. Unless you wish to say that Christianity had something to do with it. I tend to doubt that since kings ruled under Christianity for a long time. The same can be said for Hinduism. However even democracy has its shortcomings because a government will only be as good as the people running it.

The British rules a combined India that included what is now pakistan & Bangladesh. When they left some muslims did not want to live under Hindu rule so they rebelled and we Hindus gave them a nation - pakistan. Maybe you should read up some history.

What I posted manifests itself when a religion takes extreme form - In the areas ruled by the Taliban who have taken their religion to the extreme you get the king religion with no democracy. But if you go to Indonesia, which was formerly Hindu, they practice a more tolerant brand of islam, ie keep the religion at a distance, and they have democarcy. So does Turkey, again we have democracy.

Europe has abondoned the King religion - it is more democratic than America, where you have more religious fervor.

The British did not need to teach us democracy - we already had it, HInduism taught us that, that is why we are still a democracy and will always be as long as India remains Hindu.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Why does God have to be fair or reasonable? Compared to God we are like bacteria. Are you fair and just with bacteria?

I try to be. ;)

I believe the killing of ANY life is murder, however, unlike God and us, I'm not fully aware of bacteria, and the only way to be certain that I'm not killing microbes is to die.

I also believe in survival. Killing for survival is still murder, as the ideal is total nonviolence, but the sin is far less than murder for pleasure.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Allah is in no need of anything and the fear of Allah's punishment is for us so that we may repent.

As it stands, a paradise full of rewards isn't much better than hell.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm screwed either way.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Yes there is a third option in Christianity although it may not appear in orthodox teaching. When Jesus comes there will be a rapture and all will be invited. It is most likely that the godless will refuse the invitation. However if such a person who desires to be rescued from the judgement accepts the invitation but still rejects Jesus, that person will be flung out into outer space. So that person has escaped Hell but has not received eternal life. I don't know if floating in darkness and seeing the stars is much more appealing than bathing in fire but I suppose there is less torment in it.

I'd say that's the greatest paradise. There's little in this world with beauty comparable to the stars.