• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question: "Is Trump more Christlike or more the opposite (danger as President)"

Choose what you agree with

• 01: Trump wants what's best for Trump

• 02: Trump wants what's best for America

• 03: Trump will be a good American President

• 04: Trump might be dictator for life

• 05: Trump will divide Americans even more

• 06: Trump can be trusted on his word

• 07: Trump can NOT be trusted on his word

• 08: Better to have a trustworthy President

• 09: I vote for Trump

• 09: I vote NOT for Trump

Results are only viewable after voting.

stvdv

Veteran Member
This thread is not political, but it's about Trump

My question "Is Trump more Christlike (loving, honest etc) or more the opposite, kind of anti Christlike in your opinion?"

Seems to be a kind of "Love" vs "Hate" situation

What do you think?
(I'll share my ideas on this in the next post)

I read a little about Trump family (wiki)
Trump's GrandFather: died age 49(Not good health)Justice of the peace
Frederick Trump (born Friedrich Trump (March 14, 1869 – May 30, 1918) was a German-American barber and businessman. He was the patriarch of the Trump family and the paternal grandfather of Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States.
(Frederick Trump - Wikipedia)

Trump's Father: died age 93=sociopath (according to granddaughter Marianne Trump)
Frederick Christ Trump Sr. (October 11, 1905 – June 25, 1999) was an American real-estate developer and businessman. He was the father of Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States.

Trump's big brother: disparaged by both D.Trump and his father; died of alcoholism
1) Frederick Crist Trump Jr. (October 14, 1938 – September 26, 1981) was an American airplane pilot and maintenance worker. The eldest son of real-estate businessman Fred Trump Sr., he fell out of his father's favor when he chose to become an airline pilot, leading to his younger brother Donald (the 45th president of the United States) inheriting the family business.

Trump's niece (Trump's big brother's daughter)
Mary Lea Trump (born May 3, 1965)[2] is an American psychologist and writer. A niece of former US president Donald Trump, she has been critical of him as well as the rest of the Trump family. Her 2020 book about him and the family, Too Much and Never Enough, sold nearly one million copies on the day of its release. A second book, The Reckoning, followed in 2021.

Trump President:
3) Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is an American politician, media personality, and businessman who served as the 45th president of the United States from 2017 to 2021.

stvdv

Veteran Member
IF D.Trump's niece, Mary Trump (psychologist), is correct, and that it's true that her grandfather, so D.Trump's father, was a "high functioning sociopath", then I would be very, very worried about having D.Trump as a President.

Usually people don't change easily, esp. if emtional traumas are involved, esp. traumas you got before age 4.

It is possible to change of course. If someone is good in speaking the truth, and in being sincere when admitting his mistakes, and good in saying sorry.

I don't know Trump that well personally, but I don't think those are his strong points

Trump did feel guilty (I think) about disparaging (together with his father) his elder brother for becoming a pilot, his dream, and not going into the family business. D.Trump has said he regretted that; so, maybe not a sociopath after all.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
One thing I worry about for a second Trump presidency is not his own political beliefs, which I think are few and weak. What I do think is likely is that he will attract many people who do have very dangerous agendas that they will get carte blanche to enact. Trump will allow it because he thinks the targets, mostly liberals, immigrants, journalists, democrats, etc., deserve what happens to them. The most vile people are attracted to Trump, and there are no more Mark Milleys, or Tillersons, or Bill Barrs who want to be involved with Trump. Reports are that Trump has hired people to assess long term employees in the government who may not agree with what Trump wants, and they are to be asked to be loyal to Trump, or be fired. That includes the DOJ. Autocracy at work.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure if any of those poll options would reflect my views. I don't think Trump is very Christ-like at all. But some people think he's Jesus H. Christ himself.

I don't know what he is. Some might think he's Christ, while others might see him as the anti-Christ. For all anyone knows, he could some twisted result of the Great Pumpkin wanting to get revenge on us all. Kind of like that putrid black slime creature in the Star Trek TNG episode "Skin of Evil," except that this is orange.

stvdv

Veteran Member
I'm not sure if any of those poll options would reflect my views. I don't think Trump is very Christ-like at all. But some people think he's Jesus H. Christ himself.
Christ-like, I meant having good qualities like Christ; love, compassion, empathy etc. I could have called it "Mother Theresa like" (I tried making the poll simple, sorry for the confusion)
I don't know what he is.
Neither do I. But history lane, father usually, and his past, give a good idea what to expect

If it talks, walks....like a duck, I expect a duck

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This thread is not political, but it's about Trump

My question "Is Trump more Christlike (loving, honest etc) or more the opposite, kind of anti Christlike in your opinion?"

Seems to be a kind of "Love" vs "Hate" situation

What do you think?
(I'll share my ideas on this in the next post)

I read a little about Trump family (wiki)
Trump's GrandFather: died age 49(Not good health)Justice of the peace
Frederick Trump (born Friedrich Trump (March 14, 1869 – May 30, 1918) was a German-American barber and businessman. He was the patriarch of the Trump family and the paternal grandfather of Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States.
(Frederick Trump - Wikipedia)

Trump's Father: died age 93=sociopath (according to granddaughter Marianne Trump)
Frederick Christ Trump Sr. (October 11, 1905 – June 25, 1999) was an American real-estate developer and businessman. He was the father of Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States.

Trump's big brother: disparaged by both D.Trump and his father; died of alcoholism
1) Frederick Crist Trump Jr. (October 14, 1938 – September 26, 1981) was an American airplane pilot and maintenance worker. The eldest son of real-estate businessman Fred Trump Sr., he fell out of his father's favor when he chose to become an airline pilot, leading to his younger brother Donald (the 45th president of the United States) inheriting the family business.

Trump's niece (Trump's big brother's daughter)
Mary Lea Trump (born May 3, 1965)[2] is an American psychologist and writer. A niece of former US president Donald Trump, she has been critical of him as well as the rest of the Trump family. Her 2020 book about him and the family, Too Much and Never Enough, sold nearly one million copies on the day of its release. A second book, The Reckoning, followed in 2021.

Trump President:
3) Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is an American politician, media personality, and businessman who served as the 45th president of the United States from 2017 to 2021.
Well let's put it this way, Trump is no angel so I would say he's more devilish than Christ like , but I do believe he's sincere in his thoughts that he wants to actually make America great again, but the problem is you don't make America great by taking sides, you make America great by bringing sides together the for the greater good.

stvdv

Veteran Member
One thing I worry about for a second Trump presidency is not his own political beliefs, which I think are few and weak.
Also not my worry, hence I didn't put it in the political Forum

IMO, how a President is, as a human being is essential. Love, truth, compassion and empathy
What I do think is likely is that he will attract many people who do have very dangerous agendas that they will get carte blanche to enact.
Good point. I didn't think of that yet. But that would imply Trump is not Dharmic himself (following truth and righteousness).
Trump will allow it because he thinks the targets, mostly liberals, immigrants, journalists, democrats, etc., deserve what happens to them. The most vile people are attracted to Trump
IF true THEN Trump better not get President
"Tell me your company, I tell you who you are"
Definitely not what I would like in my President
Reports are that Trump has hired people to assess long term employees in the government who may not agree with what Trump wants, and they are to be asked to be loyal to Trump, or be fired. That includes the DOJ. Autocracy at work.
I remember this happened. IF it were only the "vile people" who got fired, that would be good

My gut feeling in 2016 was "Trump not good" (understatement, compared to how I phrased it back then

stvdv

Veteran Member
Well let's put it this way, Trump is no angel so I would say he's more devilish than Christ like
That was my first impression of Trump in 2016 too
, but I do believe he's sincere in his thoughts that he wants to actually make America great again,
I also get this feeling, but then again, he is into business. But I can understand that this is his best "selling point" to his "to be" voters
but the problem is you don't make America great by taking sides, you make America great by bringing sides together the for the greater good.
Thanks, another point I agree on, and Trump seems to bring out the opposite (pitting groups against each other). Though that strategy might be needed first (to get all suppressed anger out)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That was my first impression of Trump in 2016 too

I also get this feeling, but then again, he is into business. But I can understand that this is his best "selling point" to his "to be" voters

Thanks, another point I agree on, and Trump seems to bring out the opposite (pitting groups against each other). Though that strategy might be needed first (to get all suppressed anger out)
Well even I including in the archives , that I said Trump is my stick of dynamite and dynamite is hardly something to bring people together with, so I'm more privy to seeing candidates that have that ability to bring people together rather than keep the divide open which in due course will eventually destroy this country in due time if it gets any worse.

Of course like usual , candidates that I would ever like to see become president never sign up to be one or have died.

Tinkerpeach

Trump is as Christ-like as the next person is.

He loves and has empathy for some people and not for others.

Are you Christ-like in regards to Hitler or for that matter Trump himself?

Is it Christ-like of you to make a thread about Trump and if he’s Christ-like which is an obvious attempt to attack Trump?

I don’t see you asking if Biden is Christ-like, I wonder why.

01: Trump wants what's best for Trump
02: Trump wants what's best for America
03: Trump will be a good American President
04: Trump might be dictator for life
05: Trump will divide Americans even more
06: Trump can be trusted on his word
07: Trump can NOT be trusted on his word
08: Better to have a trustworthy President
I don't trust anyone. But, I think Trump is better choice than Biden. I think Biden would think more what is best for him, would more likely be dictator for life, divide Americans even further and is less trustworthy.

stvdv

Veteran Member
Well even I including in the archives , that I said Trump is my stick of dynamite and dynamite is hardly something to bring people together with, so I'm more privy to seeing candidates that have that ability to bring people together rather than keep the divide open which in due course will eventually destroy this country in due time if it gets any worse.

Of course like usual , candidates that I would ever like to see become president never sign up to be one or have died.
True, for me too

Best would be, that nobody votes
Proving that everyone finds all candidates not fit

Might get a good candidate to stand up

stvdv

Veteran Member
Trump is as Christ-like as the next person is
Probably true, sadly though (obviously)
He loves and has empathy for some people and not for others.
Seems correct to me
Are you Christ-like in regards to Hitler or for that matter Trump himself?
I never met Hitler in this life. So, naturally I have no hate towards him (I can't hate those I never met, and who did no harm to me personally; I don't hate Putin either)

My first impression (seeing youtubes) in 2016 of Trump was very negative (not Christ-like, more anti-Christ-like), which says a lo about me, I know

Once I have spoken with Trump, and he was very, very friendly to me. I was so amazed. So, personally I have nothing against him. Except, that I heard him say stupid things, but then again, I have done so myself
Is it Christ-like of you to make a thread about Trump
No

Though with Christ-like I meant "speaking truth, acting righteous" (as I explained earlier)
and if he’s Christ-like
which is an obvious attempt to attack Trump?
100% False.

I genuinely want to know how others feel about Trump as a human (not politically)

I like the guy in a way
I don’t see you asking if Biden is Christ-like
I, as a man, am one pointed. One thing at a time. I am not interested in Biden
I wonder why.
I don't like him, at all, and I know "that's not Christ-like of me". I really need to work on that.

Trump, I worked on, a lot
I went from seeing him as the Anti Christ
Having negative thoughts about him a lot
To seeing him as a good entertainer
No more negative feelings about him

I hope my feeling on Trump is correct
And he will not prove me wrong
When he becomes President

stvdv

Veteran Member
I don't trust anyone. But, I think Trump is better choice than Biden. I think Biden would think more what is best for him, would more likely be dictator for life, divide Americans even further and is less trustworthy.
Thank you.

I have trust issues myself, I trust only 1 in the world

I like Trump better than Biden
Not sure who is a better President
Biden is too old/fragile for me

I would not worry about Biden as "dictator for life". I think he won't become President again. He might even die soon, though his parents were 87 and 93; oops, 6-12 years extra can be disastrous, but would be a miracle too, having seen him stumbling and struggling these past years

I pray that God inspires whoever becomes President to be good, and not have us get into world war 3

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm from Australia and many of us think American politics has gone bananas and Trump is the main monkey.
I don't blame you.

This is how Trump has become popular. He seems irrational, arrogant, willful. The other choices seem compliant, obedient, subservient. Just because Trump cannot hide his dark side, Americans don't presume that he is the greatest threat to US friendliness and US rationality. The biggest threat, right now, is the consolidation of businesses. That's what the middle class worries about. The question is who is willing to break up that consolidation. Who is willing to disappoint the big donors? Who doesn't care what lobbyists say?

Most people do not believe that Trump or any candidate could get around the term limit, so they don't believe he is a threat to the government. He threatens other things such as diplomacy or women's rights, but he can't get more than another four years.

Of course there are also single issue voters supporting Trump for religious reasons.