• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions for God

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope. God doesn't walk anywhere or eat anything because God is not a human.
You touch on an excellent point here.

I use the pronoun [him] for God, not him. That's because it's clear, as you say, that God is not a human, and I can't recall any serious statement in Judaeo-Christian scripture or commentary on how gods reproduce. But what instead God is imagined to be is far from clear. I recall we had some fun with this idea in an earlier thread when we tried to place God in [his] correct position within Linnean taxonomy.

The part to underline is, God is not one of us, but an alien entity. An image of laboratory mice realizing that their carer is not a supermouse comes to mind.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
1. How does God know there's nothing [he] doesn't know [he] doesn't know?

2. How does God know [he] didn't spontaneously spring into existence. fully formed with memories and all, with the rest of the universe last Thursday?

3. How does God know [he]'s not just a dream in the brain of a human?
We know there are proofs and proofs that things can't be proved.

Just add paradoxes as a third thing and you're good to go.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We know there are proofs and proofs that things can't be proved.

Just add paradoxes as a third thing and you're good to go.
Indeed, but of course the problem here remains unsolved, since unless answered it invalidates any claim of omniscience.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Assuming Baha'u'llah wasn't making things up, which is most likely. And assuming your judgment that Baha'u'llah is correct, which is highly unlikley.
Why would Baha'u'llah make things up and call them God's laws?

The only pertinent question that needs to be answered is whether or not Baha'u'llah is who He claimed to be, Messenger of God.
How do you think anyone can prove that is either true or false?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Why would Baha'u'llah make things up and call them God's laws?
Mental illness, perhaps. What we can discern is that what he claims has no basis in fact, so we have no reason to believe him.

The only pertinent question that needs to be answered is whether or not Baha'u'llah is who He claimed to be, Messenger of God.
There’s no reason to think he was. He made fantastic claims and lacked any evidence. So we dismiss it.

How do you think anyone can prove that is either true or false?
No one has to. Only those who think he’s credible need to show he isn’t a crackpot. Thus far there’s nothing that allows a reasoned conclusion that his claims are valid.

MonkeyFire

1. How does God know there's nothing [he] doesn't know [he] doesn't know?

2. How does God know [he] didn't spontaneously spring into existence. fully formed with memories and all, with the rest of the universe last Thursday?

3. How does God know [he]'s not just a dream in the brain of a human?

How does man know he is not just a dream inside the head of an angel?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm not sure what this has to do with my post. Granting "free will" - however we define it - doesn't absolve God of responsibility.

It doesn't even necessarily mean God can't predict what his creations with free will are going to do. I mean, even we can predict the actions of humans pretty well, whether that means marketing projections, traffic forecasts, economic forecasts, etc.
I believe then that God in Jesus must be correct when He said He will draw all men unto Him.