• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions that evolutionists and billions of years proponents cannot answer but disprove their theories.

WonderingWorrier

This sets a precept of a day is a year.

Throughout the Bible both days and years are mentioned. So does every time that a day is mentioned in the Bible it actually means a year?

Like in Noahs flood saying that it rained for forty days, does it actually mean it rained for forty years?

Or like in the 40 days of Jesus, does it actually mean 40 years?
"To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God". Acts 1:3.

If a day usually means a day in the Bible but sometimes a day means a year then how is it determined which days still mean days and which days actually mean years?

SavedByTheLord

Throughout the Bible both days and years are mentioned. So does every time that a day is mentioned in the Bible it actually means a year?

Like in Noahs flood saying that it rained for forty days, does it actually mean it rained for forty years?

Or like in the 40 days of Jesus, does it actually mean 40 years?
"To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God". Acts 1:3.

If a day usually means a day in the Bible but sometimes a day means a year then how is it determined which days still mean days and which days actually mean years?
It is in the area of prophecy where this occurs,
For example Christ rose the third day not the third year.

WonderingWorrier

It is in the area of prophecy where this occurs,
For example Christ rose the third day not the third year.

Is it not within the area of prophecy when Jesus talks about the future destruction of the temple and the raising of it in three days?
Or is Jesus rising and the temple prophecy unrelated. Does it mean the temple would have actually been raised in 3 years, not 3 days?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
There are recorded eye witness accounts.
Sure. It's called grief hallucinations. It is fairly common for people to see loved ones who have passed on. Are you familiar at all with Al Hallaj, the Sufi mystic? He had a lot of followers just like Jesus, and was put to death by the religious authorities for blasphemy. There were many sightings of him after his death. Sound familiar?

SavedByTheLord

Sure. It's called grief hallucinations. It is fairly common for people to see loved ones who have passed on. Are you familiar at all with Al Hallaj, the Sufi mystic? He had a lot of followers just like Jesus, and was put to death by the religious authorities for blasphemy. There were many sightings of him after his death. Sound familiar?
That is just bizarre.
They were with Christ for 40 days. The apostles, other disciples, and over 500 at one time.
Go see the Case For Christ. There is a scene where your conjecture is shown to be bizarre.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Mass hallucinations as implied by a poster never happened.
I agree.
I also agree that the One Ring was not carried by Hobbits.
I also agree that Voldemort never killed Harry Potter.
I also agree that Dorothy did not land a house on a witch.
I also agree that Heat Miser does not melt everything by merely touching it.

SavedByTheLord

I agree.
I also agree that the One Ring was not carried by Hobbits.
I also agree that Voldemort never killed Harry Potter.
I also agree that Dorothy did not land a house on a witch.
I also agree that Heat Miser does not melt everything by merely touching it.
Funny how there is so many make believe people for the “scientific” evolutionists.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Go see the Case For Christ.
I read it and discussed it with a friend, and I definitely wasn't at all impressed as it was chocked full of speculation on top of more speculation. Theologians fully understand that interpretations can all so often vary, so if I were to claim my interpretation must be right, then please ignore me.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
And thus you have been refuted.
It was not just 1 person 1 time
it was not just 1 person several times
It was not just 2 people 1 time
It was over 12 people many times over 40 days with over 500 at one time.
That has never happened.
What you are doing is trusting legends as if they are history. Legends often have a kernel of truth that they wrap around, in this case that kernel is grief hallucinations. The idea that 500 saw him at the same time? Never happened. Do you also believe that Washington chopped down the cherry tree?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What you are doing is trusting legends as if they are history. Legends often have a kernel of truth that they wrap around, in this case that kernel is grief hallucinations. The idea that 500 saw him at the same time? Never happened. Do you also believe that Washington chopped down the cherry tree?
Ever read or watch "The Power of Myth" by Campbell and Moyers? That's their point, and it's sometimes all too easy for forget the ancient use of storytelling as both an art form and also for the purpose of passing on moral teachings.