• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions that evolutionists and billions of years proponents cannot answer but disprove their theories.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Serpent was Satan. He can appear as an angel of light. like the supposed Mary sightings.
The rest was done by the miraculous power of God.
Again, fairy tales. Your version of events doesn’t work without resorting to “magic.” In contrast, science is based on observable realities supported by math and can be updated as we observe more and increase our understanding.

SavedByTheLord

Again, fairy tales. Your version of events doesn’t work without resorting to “magic.” In contrast, science is based on observable realities supported by math and can be updated as we observe more and increase our understanding.
God is Almighty so He can do anything.
Evolution is a lie and just uses circular reasoning.
All facts, probability, statistics, math, logic and all science refute it as I have here.

Where did the first living thing come from?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All facts, probability, statistics, math, logic and all science refute it as I have here.

You keep claiming that evolution uses circular reasoning but never ever seem to be able to support that claim. Meanwhile that is the sort of reasoning that you use for your beliefs in God.

You do not seem to realize that the same demands that you put upon evolution need to be put upon your version of God if you do not want to be hypocritical.

Should we go over how by your "logic" that your God does not exist?

SavedByTheLord

You keep claiming that evolution uses circular reasoning but never ever seem to be able to support that claim. Meanwhile that is the sort of reasoning that you use for your beliefs in God.

You do not seem to realize that the same demands that you put upon evolution need to be put upon your version of God if you do not want to be hypocritical.

Should we go over how by your "logic" that your God does not exist?
Absolutely,

For example, you have no answer as to the first living creature. But you are sure it must have happened. Why? Because there are living things which requires a first living creature. So the first living creature must have come into being or else EVOLUTION IS FALSE.

Now some say well maybe God did it. But without God, abiogenesis is impossible. It is not observed at all. But it must have happened or else evolution is false. And that is circular reasoning.

Hawking used the same circular reasoning on where the universe came from without God. He wrote:

Because there is a law such as gravity, the Universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the Universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to ... set the Universe going."

But where did the law of gravity even come from?

Here is what John Lenox said about what Hawking wrote:

What (Stephen) Hawking says in his book The Grand Design is the universe exists because it needed to exist, and because it needed to exist, it therefore created itself. His conclusion merely restates his premise, which means his argument is circular. Nonsense is nonsense, even when spoken by famous scientists.

And the list goes on and on.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Like stop children getting cancer. But he doesn’t. Why?
Where is your evidence and argument?
Nature.

SavedByTheLord

Like stop children getting cancer. But he doesn’t. Why?

Nature.
So no real answers yet again.

Yeah life in this world is very tough and I grieve for those that suffer such loses.
But it is a fallen world because of sin and that is why death, suffering and disease happen.

But salvation is forever and there is no more sorrow or tears or pain or sadness or disease or death.
Christ redeems His people.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

In my opinion, Satan is the Christian equivalent of the bogeyman, which corresponds to the threat of hell (combined with rewards in heaven). I believe that these concepts are cruel and are also classic examples of "the carrot and the stick." I think they are perpetual fearmongering strategies that were designed to keep people in church out of fear of going to hell, as well as to maintain firm control over the populace and the flow of money into the offering plate.

SavedByTheLord

In my opinion, Satan is the Christian equivalent of the bogeyman, which corresponds to the threat of hell (combined with rewards in heaven). I believe that these concepts are cruel and are also classic examples of "the carrot and the stick." I think they are fearmongering strategies that were designed to keep people in church out of fear of going to hell, as well as to maintain firm control over the populace and the flow of money into the offering plate.
And what about justice?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Absolutely,

For example, you have no answer as to the first living creature. But you are sure it must have happened. Why? Because there are living things which requires a first living creature. So the first living creature must have come into being or else EVOLUTION IS FALSE.

No, I do have an answer. You refuse to justify your question so I refuse to provide you with an answer. You are not thinking logically again.

By the way, you are wrong even if a god made the first life form. Do you really understand this topic that poorly?
Now some say well maybe God did it. But without God, abiogenesis is impossible. It is not observed at all. But it must have happened or else evolution is false. And that is circular reasoning.

No, you are using circular reasoning. We do not have to observe something to know that it happened. We can tell that at some point there was no life. Later on there was life. Even you believe in a form of abiogenesis.

Your logic skills are nonexistent. Please do not accuse others when you have no understanding of logic at all.
Hawking used the same circular reasoning on where the universe came from without God. He wrote:

Because there is a law such as gravity, the Universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the Universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to ... set the Universe going."

But where did the law of gravity even come from?

Here is what John Lenox said about what Hawking wrote:

What (Stephen) Hawking says in his book The Grand Design is the universe exists because it needed to exist, and because it needed to exist, it therefore created itself. His conclusion merely restates his premise, which means his argument is circular. Nonsense is nonsense, even when spoken by famous scientists.

And the list goes on and on.

How is that circular reasoning? We know that gravity exists. We do not have to "know where it came from" for the rest to follow. You are using terms that you do not understand.

Part of your problem is that you cannot even ask your own questions properly. You should be asking "Why is there gravity". We know where it "comes from". It comes from mass. Now let's assume that we never learn why there is gravity. The answer would be "I don't know". But the rest is still observable science and tells us how the universe came to be.

"I do not know" never proves God. And you are lucky, because "I do not know" does not disprove God either. You have far more "I don't know"s than scientists do.

vulcanlogician

In my opinion, Satan is the Christian equivalent of the bogeyman, which corresponds to the threat of hell (combined with rewards in heaven). I believe that these concepts are cruel and are also classic examples of "the carrot and the stick." I think they are fearmongering strategies that were designed to keep people in church out of fear of going to hell, as well as to maintain firm control over the populace and the flow of money into the offering plate.

Another reason Satan is so popular among Christians is that (since antiquity) people have found "fire and brimstone" preaching about hellfire to be entertaining. Very early on in Christianity's history the church fathers realized that people LOVED to hear those sermons. For the same reason people like horror movies. It's enthralling. And FAR more entertaining than listening to sermons about how Christ taught that we should be decent to one another.

The simple fact is, hellfire preaching put butts in the seats at Christian gatherings. This sort of message (while present) was not emphasized in very early Christian teachings. But about a century and a half later, when it became apparent that these sermons were not only popular, but led to belief via fear, it became a staple in the Church's message.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well you know those God fearing atheists would never be deceived or lie.
You apparently were deceived or lied concerning big time concerning any dinosaur figurines. Of course, they cannot be dated by Carbon-14 methods, but they were dated as recently made by more advanced methods.

Attempts have been made to date the figures using thermoluminescence (TL) dating. The earliest results, from tests done when TL dating was in its infancy, suggested a date around 2500 BC.[6] However, later tests contradicted these findings. In 1976, Gary W. Carriveau and Mark C. Han attempted to date twenty Acámbaro figures using TL dating. They found that the figures had been fired at temperatures between 450 °C and 650 °C (850 to 1200°F), which contradicted claims that these figures had been fired at temperatures too low for them to be accurately dated. However, all of the samples failed the "plateau test", which indicated that dates obtained for the Acámbaro figures using standard high-temperature TL dating techniques were unreliable and lacked any chronological significance. Based on the degree of signal regeneration found in remeasured samples, they estimated that the figures tested had been fired approximately 30 years prior to 1969.[10]

Which fits their known history, and they were made no earlier than~1939