• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quija boards, your experience

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Spiritualism is an important and intersting/fascinating topic to me.

I've tried it myself (alone) and got nothing.

However my son and his girlfriend years ago went to an old graveyard in rural Kentucky with some old graves and tried the Ouija. They asked for communication and got the message back 'Dont ask us nufin' (with that misspelling as I recall).

I've heard and noticed and conjectured that sometimes troubled teenage girls (his girlfriend) are more likely to exude more psychism than a well-adjusted middle-aged male like myself.

I've heard of course of many strange stories but not from someone I knew personally.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I've tried Ouija Boards a few times in the past, but got nothing.

I tend to be a little skeptical of such things anyway.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I'm skeptical but not willing to play with it, because why mess around?

Kind of like how I will not say Bloody Mary 3x in a mirror, even though I KNOW nothing will happen. Because why test it

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never had any interest in using them. As someone who works with the otherworlds on a near daily basis, I find them rather... uh... I find them a hilariously limited way of doing journeywork.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I've never had any interest in using them. As someone who works with the otherworlds on a near daily basis, I find them rather... uh... I find them a hilariously limited way of doing journeywork.

You don't feel hesitant playing around with entities, I've noticed that.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I'm skeptical but not willing to play with it, because why mess around?

Kind of like how I will not say Bloody Mary 3x in a mirror, even though I KNOW nothing will happen. Because why test it

Pretty much how I feel, why risk opening oneself to malevolent entities etc.

Parsimony

My mother played with one when she was much younger. She claimed that it spelled out, "Rusty needs you". That was the nickname that everyone gave to my dad. This was before the two of them started dating. However, I realize that there may have been something subconscious going on there. Perhaps she had a kind of attraction to him without even realizing it consciously and the Ouija simply manifested her inner thoughts for her.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Back in the 60's on Christmas Eve nights my sister and her friends (at least 4 people) would use a Quija board. I never took part, just gave passing interest to the events.

A question would be asked and the glass would often race around the board...... it could be so fast, reaching a letter every second or so..... the excitement was sometimes very high.

The most memorable event occurred after one one guest ( I remember her name) asked 'Is God real?'...... just like that, without any warning or in any context. The glass flew across the room, the small table collapsed, and one person lost her balance and fell backwards. The shock and stillness afterwards lasted for several moments.... everybody (in silence) just gathered themselves, put the table and chairs away, cleared up the broken glass, and they all left....... probably to go to midnight mass. I cannot remember anybody saying a word after that event, before they all left.

A

angellous_evangellous

All I ever got was, "Angellous is your daddy."

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Well. My experiences with them is that they give off really stupid answers that just happen to relate to the other person's personality...

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Anyone use these? What's your experience?

I remember a low candlelit room. The pointer was moving and each of the participants were accusing each other of having a hand in this. The pointer was suddenly very hot, too hot to keep our fingers on. My girlfriend had spilled her tea on it.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
We tried the OB a couple of times when we were kids. The most significant message we received was when the pointer kept going to the "Made in China" wording at the bottom of the board.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Pretty much how I feel, why risk opening oneself to malevolent entities etc.

That's not at all how I feel. I want to experience an entity so I can know first-hand that there are entities. Bring the SOBs on!;)

I live alone so I do the my Ouija alone and get absolutely nothing and then I get sick of nothing and quit. I don't think I have much psychic energy for spirits to use. And the paranormal is my favorite subject after Self-Realization.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
That's not at all how I feel. I want to experience an entity so I can know first-hand that there are entities. Bring the SOBs on!;)

I live alone so I do the my Ouija alone and get absolutely nothing and then I get sick of nothing and quit. I don't think I have much psychic energy for spirits to use. And the paranormal is my favorite subject after Self-Realization.

Hmm well, if we look at the responses to the OP question, seems fairly common for the board to not work, it makes me wonder how authentic the 'answers' that people do get are.

A

angellous_evangellous

Hmm well, if we look at the responses to the OP question, seems fairly common for the board to not work, it makes me wonder how authentic the 'answers' that people do get are.

When you get to that point - trying to judge the authenticity of an O. board - you're well past the line of asking a reasonable question.

The question of authenticity is moot. It's the experience that matters.