• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quija boards, your experience

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Hmm well, if we look at the responses to the OP question, seems fairly common for the board to not work, it makes me wonder how authentic the 'answers' that people do get are.

I wonder too. That's why I'm in this thread.

But I've heard physical manifestations happen too and have heard many such stories. Even in this short thread and tiny number of contributors there seems to be stories that go beyond what can be explained as only subconscious activity.

Is it always just subconscious activity or is it sometimes more? Does a group help unleash psychic energies of the sitters?

I believe it is sometimes more than subconscious activity but would like my own confirmation.

My interest in this is as an armchair parapsychologist.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I wonder too. That's why I'm in this thread.

But I've heard physical manifestations happen too and have heard many such stories. Even in this short thread and tiny number of contributors there seems to be stories that go beyond what can be explained as only subconscious activity.

Is it always just subconscious activity or is it sometimes more? Does a group help unleash psychic energies of the sitters?

I believe it is sometimes more than subconscious activity but would like my own confirmation.

My interest in this is as an armchair parapsychologist.

Yes, I understand. Not that I would..uh encourage such activity, but other methods of research might yield more fruitful results. Haunted houses etc. perhaps.

samosasauce

I used one once, with a friend. My friend was freaked out. I got nothing from the experience. It's supposed to open up a portal or something for ghosts to come through... I've never had any negative experiences with ghosts, which are supposedly the type of ghostly experiences ouija boards make you prone to having.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I used one once, with a friend. My friend was freaked out. I got nothing from the experience. It's supposed to open up a portal or something for ghosts to come through... I've never had any negative experiences with ghosts, which are supposedly the type of ghostly experiences ouija boards make you prone to having.

ah I see. how did you find that out though, is that common knowledge

samosasauce

ah I see. how did you find that out though, is that common knowledge
I was told that by my friend, and many other people who have had experiences with them. Still, even if it did lead me to have experiences with ghosts (which I am somewhat sure I've had), all have been very peaceful and non-threatening, although somewhat startling.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I was told that by my friend, and many other people who have had experiences with them. Still, even if it did lead me to have experiences with ghosts (which I am somewhat sure I've had), all have been very peaceful and non-threatening, although somewhat startling.

any, apparitions, spectrals etc,?

samosasauce

any, apparitions, spectrals etc,?

Well I mean, it has been years since I've even touched an ouija board so it might not be related. However, I've definitely seen one apparition in a mirror, of a completely black shadow-like figure, though its actions were nearly comical. I've heard whispering into my ears, and have heard other people's breaths in my room as I'm trying to sleep. I've more than once felt a gentle hand guiding me to places. The only way I believe ghosts could me malicious, at least the ones I may be dealing with, is if ghost communicate with people in dreams. Can they do that? I have no clue.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Well I mean, it has been years since I've even touched an ouija board so it might not be related. However, I've definitely seen one apparition in a mirror, of a completely black shadow-like figure, though its actions were nearly comical. I've heard whispering into my ears, and have heard other people's breaths in my room as I'm trying to sleep. I've more than once felt a gentle hand guiding me to places. The only way I believe ghosts could me malicious, at least the ones I may be dealing with, is if ghost communicate with people in dreams. Can they do that? I have no clue.

hmm I see.

Erebus

I've used one once, we all agreed that none of us would move the glass. Nothing happened. I wasn't really expecting much from it to be honest since, unless I'm mistaken, they were never intended for contacting the dead in the first place.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
True. Though then, I don't really know what's going on.
By the way, do you believe in ghosts or not? Or are your beliefs about them not so straightforward?

Eh, not really straightforward. I don't 'deny' that it's a possibility, yet who knows what people are seeing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We tried the OB a couple of times when we were kids. The most significant message we received was when the pointer kept going to the "Made in China" wording at the bottom of the board.
Ha ha. There is a history going back to China in the1100's.

Hansbro is just keeping things in the spirit of tradition. lol

My sister had a lot of fun with the board game.

I preferred the 8 ball.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Ha ha. There is a history going back to China in the1100's.

Hansbro is just keeping things in the spirit of tradition. lol

My sister had a lot of fun with the board game.

I preferred the 8 ball.
The only experience I had with one was when my younger twin sisters got one for Christmas. I think my parents thought it was a board game.

My sisters started asking questions like "Who does Jim think is cutest?". They were about 14. Unsurprisingly the glass shattered soon on.
No doubt the spirits were terrified of a couple of competitive teenage girls.

If not they should have been.
Tom

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I'm skeptical but not willing to play with it, because why mess around?

Kind of like how I will not say Bloody Mary 3x in a mirror, even though I KNOW nothing will happen. Because why test it

Lol. A friend and I did the Candyman version of that and he ended up freaking out and running out of the bathroom, screaming. He said he felt something scratching him on the side.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
I know the Ouija board can conjure real spirits because my girlfriend is able to literally see and talk with spirits of the dead and she is able to actually see some of the ones picked up by use of the board. She doesn't care too much for using the Ouija though beause the spirits it picks up tend to be rather troublesome and often like to trick people or mess with their heads. That and the fact that she doesn't need to use a medium or tool to communicate with them anyway. She is able to see and talk with spirits of the dead in the same way that ordinary people see and talk to each other. The ones that come through the Ouija board, or at least some of them anyway, will intentionally give people really messd up or misleading information. I don't mean to talk ill of the dead or anything, but there are a few a** holes of the astral realm as well.

---

Last edited:

Petson

Petson
No I have not used quija board until now, but my friends they have used, but nothing happened so even I don't believe in such things.