• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

qur'an burning in Florida

waitasec

Veteran Member
a pastor in florida says he is going to burning copies of the qur'an this saturday because he blames the muslims for 9/11...
this makes as much sense as blaming the republican party or the catholic church for the oklahoma city bombing timothy mcVeigh was responsible for...
any thoughts?

autonomous1one1

Premium Member

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Where did you read that?

Florida city fights 9/11 Quran burning - USATODAY.com

[that's not Ted Jones in the pic by the way]
The city seems to be doing a lot but to allow his rights cannot really stop it until the burning begins. He was not granted a permit and it seems he can be arrested once he starts burning. An interview with him was on the news last night in connection with the interfaith conference and he did not seem to be wavering.

A

angellous_evangellous

The city seems to be doing a lot but to allow his rights cannot really stop it until the burning begins. He was not granted a permit and it seems he can be arrested once he starts burning. An interview with him was on the news last night in connection with the interfaith conference and he did not seem to be wavering.

One can only hope that this will bankrupt their "church."

waitasec

Veteran Member
One can only hope that this will bankrupt their "church."

i think it has...
i heard on npr that his congregation was cut in half.
so now he only has 25 sheep in his flock

the only people he's going to get to come to his church are the extremists
how wonderful :facepalm:
unless of course he gets killed, but then he'll be seen as a martyr
oh boy.....

A

angellous_evangellous

i think it has...
i heard on npr that his congregation was cut in half.
so now he only has 25 sheep in his flock

the only people he's going to get to come to his church are the extremists
how wonderful :facepalm:
unless of course he gets killed, but then he'll be seen as a martyr
oh boy.....
That's funny. I bet the remaining 25 are family members.

tmThEMaN

What purpose does it serve ?

Images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan — and around the world — to inflame public opinion and incite violence. Such images could, in fact, be used as were the photos from Abu Gharyb. And this would, again, put our troopers and civilian in jeopardy and undermine our efforts to accomplish the critical mission here in Afghanistan.
Commanding General, U.S. Ambassador Criticize Pastor's Plan To Burn The Quran : The Two-Way : NPR

After the outrage of Muslims, people will call us "Violent" ... what do you want Muslims to do?! Take a bill and chill?!

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
cjones0908102.jpg

Skwim

Veteran Member
Where did you read that?
Considering Jones' latest remarks it's a moot point, but the following is close to what I read yesterday (couldn't locate the exact source).
A Florida pastor told CNN on Tuesday that while his congregation still plans to burn Qurans to protest the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the church is "weighing" its intentions.

Terry Jones, pastor of Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville, Florida, who was interviewed on CNN's "American Morning," said the congregation is taking seriously the warning from the U.S. military that the act could cause problems for American troops.
source

Emphasis added.

tmThEMaN

Well, that would be the most sensible approach.

I really don't know. Of course i don't support hurting the innocents who had nothing to do with the burning, like in Afghanistan for example. They have nothing to do with this, but the anger will be too hot for sensibility and thinking.

The love for God, The quran and Mohammad (PBUH) is huge for Muslims.

I can seriously tell you that to us this is like the killing of your Family in public infront of your eyes. It is that sensitive to us. Considering that, what will be the best approach.

Did you watch Law Abiding Citizen ? ... His reaction was extreme, but i was 100% with what he did to the two criminals that killed his family, until he started killing the innocent.