• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Rape is a (horrible) form of sex.

Rape is as different to sex as "ostrich" is to "bird"

MM, I'd rather not go through this again. But if it means somebody becomes educated on the topic of rape and is capable of making the important distinction of informed consent, I'll cope.

Rape is not sex. Rape is violence. Sex is consensual. Rape is as different to sex as physical assault is to a sparring match.

dust1n

Zindīq
Would you really be happy that way? If you were in that position?

Sure. I've been in it many times. I'm relatively certain that no one has expressed any interest in having sex with me since... I think February. I'm not really concerned about my happiness, and I'm most certainly not so concerned with it to be disillusioned with the notion that raping someone is going to absolve the disappointment with no one wanting to have sex with me.

If no wants to have sex with me... and I rape someone... still, no one wants to have sex with me... even more so, I would imagine.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Yes. His entitlement to have her body. That's not an out of control libido. That's entitlement mixed with a dehumanization and objectification of the female.

Listen, it's very easy to ignore these distinctions because we do live in a culture that sexualizes and glosses over the crime of rape. I'm requesting that you take a step back and look at the whole picture of places like the Congo if you wish to make that region a focal point of the debate for now.

Namaste,

No, no debating. I agree with what you are saying, homie. I was just saying that in their warped approach to their horrid sense of entitlement, they factored in the excuses of being in the forests for too long as well as acquiring some "magic potion" from raping people.

M.V.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Filling in the line from the man speaking immediately afterward, "It's all about control."

Namaste,

Dustin, Dustin, Dustin.....how many times do I have to tell you, that is not what the clip showed. "It's all about control" came after someone filled in the line already, brah. Come on, brahhhh.

M.V.

Titanic

Sure. I've been in it many times. I'm relatively certain that no one has expressed any interest in having sex with me since... I think February. I'm not really concerned about my happiness, and I'm most certainly not so concerned with it to be disillusioned with the notion that raping someone is going to absolve the disappointment with no one wanting to have sex with me.

If no wants to have sex with me... and I rape someone... still, no one wants to have sex with me... even more so, I would imagine.

Thats a good post.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |

Namaste,

Sorry to interrupt; in my opinion, to me, sex is not even on the top 20 lists of interests, reading and being a geek is! Sorry for being an outlier! Hehe. Either way, I am getting an arraigned marriage in the future to a beautiful and smart girl from Gujarat who will go dominatrix on me and boss me around! I will be in heaven! :D

M.V.

dust1n

Zindīq
मैत्रावरुणिः;3427466 said:
Namaste,

Dustin, Dustin, Dustin.....how many times do I have to tell you, that is not what the clip showed.

Well, obviously at least once.

"It's all about control" came after someone filled in the line already, brah. Come on, brahhhh.

M.V.

Sure. The next rapist said it was all about control. It doesn't matter what reasoning someone rapes someone, it's clear what the intent is.

Person A wants sex from person B, person B denies sex to person A, so person A, by their own admission, rapes person B.

Once person B explicitly denies person A, person A is no longer seeking sex; person A is now seeking control of person B. It's this desire that leads to rape, not the previous one.

Wherenextcolumbus

मैत्रावरुणिः;3427405 said:
Namaste,

The lack of sex was one of the many reasons, as a minuscule reason as it might be, nonetheless. It was not a definitive factor as to why they engage in rape. I hope you don't think that I believe that the lack of sex is the number(#) one cause, do you?

M.V.

EDIT:
Then the lady goes into the superstitious aspect of the matter as well. She makes a clear distinction between the superstitious reasons why these men rape from the initial reasons about them being in the bushes too long (by bushes I mean the forests). So, does the lack of sex (or being in the bushes too long) lead to rape in some minute occurrences, sure it does. But, is it the definitive, number one reason? Definitely not.
You are missing the point, they think they are entitled to abuse another person because of a lack of sexual attention.
it's called an entitlement mentality which is different from a lack of sexual attention causing rape, it doesn't cause rape, it is the blatant disregard for another persons right to their own body and sexuality which causes rape.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You are missing the point, they think they are entitled to abuse another person because of a lack of sexual attention.
it's called an entitlement mentality which is different from a lack of sexual attention causing rape, it doesn't cause rape, it is the blatant disregard for another persons right to their own body and sexuality which causes rape.

sexual urges+lack of care for others consent+lack of fear of consequences= rape

Surely more than one reason exists.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Well, obviously at least once.

Sure. The next rapist said it was all about control. It doesn't matter what reasoning someone rapes someone, it's clear what the intent is.

Person A wants sex from person B, person B denies sex to person A, so person A, by their own admission, rapes person B.

Once person B explicitly denies person A, person A is no longer seeking sex; person A is now seeking control of person B. It's this desire that leads to rape, not the previous one.

Why did you deliberately exchanged means with ends?

dust1n

Zindīq
मैत्रावरुणिः;3427469 said:
Namaste,

Sorry to interrupt; in my opinion, to me, sex is not even on the top 20 lists of interests, reading and being a geek is! Sorry for being an outlier! Hehe. Either way, I am getting an arraigned marriage in the future to a beautiful and smart girl from Gujarat who will go dominatrix on me and boss me around! I will be in heaven! :D

M.V.

Sounds lovely. Sex isn't even in my lists of interests unless it comes easily. I have very little interest in going out to acquire sex.

Wherenextcolumbus

Whats a person to do if no one wants to have sex with them? Really think about it. What would you do? Hell my brother was that way and it just made him even more insane and violent.
No one probably wanted to have sex with your brother because they could sense the desperation and lack of consideration and were turned off.
If no one wanted to have sex with me, I would feel bad sure, but I wouldn't hurt someone else over it. I do not have a right to someone else's body sexuality, that is not a right!

Me Myself

Back to my username
No one probably wanted to have sex with your brother because they could sense the desperation and lack of consideration and were turned off.
If no one wanted to have sex with me, I would feel bad sure, but I wouldn't hurt someone else over it. I do not have a right to someone else's body sexuality, that is not a right!

that`s probably because you are not a horrorble person. :p

dust1n

Zindīq
Why did you deliberately exchanged means with ends?

I haven't.

If the "end" is having sex, then there are many "means" to which to achieve said "end."

If the "means" is rape... then the end isn't to have sex... the end is the control of the other party.

Titanic

Yeah my brother turned out real bad. I am a diabetic it seems most women find that a turn off but hell at least I have been in a few relationships in the past. That is more than my brother could say. I will not mention my brother again. Its probably depressing people.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
You dont have to. Its your choice :)

Your choice too, buddy.

When you and others like you choose continue to spread rape myth acceptances, my choice is to counter with a better argument that will actually prevent rape and offer better awareness.

False dichotomy.

Wrong. Rape is torture. Not a "form" of sex. Somebody can be tortured by having food forced down their throat, and such an act is not yet another "form" of eating.