• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rasmus Paludan, Turkey and Sweden

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think most Americans are just focused on basic survival. It's the political and economic upper class which push the interventionist agenda. People might be empathetic, but they're also concerned about problems closer to home and feel neglected by their own government. People sleeping in tents on the streets of Los Angeles probably have more immediate concerns than the goings on in Turkey or Sweden or elsewhere in that region. America is slowly slipping into an abyss, and we won't be in much of a position to help the world for much longer.

Europe may have to ultimately fend for itself. They'll have to consider the possibility that there may come a time when America will become too fractious and weakened to be any kind of forceful influence on the world. But I think the nations of Europe have large enough populations and industrial/technological infrastructure to be able to put together a rather formidable fighting force if they wanted to. They don't really need the U.S. for that, and they never really did.
This is absolutely true. The EU is already self-sufficient and can handle most geopolitical questions alone, here in the old continent.

But then, this contradicts Americans' obsession with the Ukrainian war. Because Europeans can handle it alone, and we have decided to promote peace, negotiations, diplomacy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Europe may have to ultimately fend for itself. They'll have to consider the possibility that there may come a time when America will become too fractious and weakened to be any kind of forceful influence on the world. But I think the nations of Europe have large enough populations and industrial/technological infrastructure to be able to put together a rather formidable fighting force if they wanted to. They don't really need the U.S. for that, and they never really did.
WW1 & WW2 suggest that their industrial capability
won't always lead to defending Europe.
I'd prefer that the EU take full responsibility for self
defense. But a problem is the MAD strategy.
Without USA, they'd need to make many more nukes.
I'd rather not encourage that.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
WW1 & WW2 suggest that their industrial capability
won't always lead to defending Europe.
I'd prefer that the EU take full responsibility for self
defense. But a problem is the MAD strategy.
Without USA, they'd need to make many more nukes.
I'd rather not encourage that.

This thread is about Europe. About European freedom of speech and Europe's geopolitics.

Europe is a spiritual concept. That has nothing to do with money-hunger of capitalism.
The European Union is an alliance of nations that love each other.
When something bad happens in Sweden, all Europeans suffer with Sweden.
When something bad happens in my country, I feel the love from all Europeans.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
@Revoltingest
As I have said before, if the NATO intends to side with the enemies of Europe, those who would like to conquer and subdue Europe, I am afraid my country will have no other choice but to exit the NATO immediately and to open all harbors to the Russian Navy and the Russian Army.
Who have vowed to defend our civilization.
So the choice is all yours, Americans ;).

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It was.
But your meaning isn't clear.
I supposed next you'll explain it with...
"Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel"

I guess a video...can clarify. Let's try visual.

So...will the NATO defend us from those who want to conquer us...yes or no?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is absolutely true. The EU is already self-sufficient and can handle most geopolitical questions alone, here in the old continent.

But then, this contradicts Americans' obsession with the Ukrainian war. Because Europeans can handle it alone, and we have decided to promote peace, negotiations, diplomacy.

I don't think all Americans are all that obsessed about it. I'm an American, and I'm aware of it and saddened by it, but not obsessed. It's unfortunate and tragic that Ukraine and Russia couldn't sit down and iron out their differences through peaceful negotiation, but ultimately, this is really between them.

As for how other Americans see it, I can't really help that. Maybe a lot of Americans are obsessed over it, as there's been a large holdover of the Cold War mindset which never really went away. People were obsessed with communism and the Soviet Union, so for generations, it was a favorite pastime to play armchair geopolitician. It still goes on today. I do it, too. :oops:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't think all Americans are all that obsessed about it. I'm an American, and I'm aware of it and saddened by it, but not obsessed. It's unfortunate and tragic that Ukraine and Russia couldn't sit down and iron out their differences through peaceful negotiation, but ultimately, this is really between them.

As for how other Americans see it, I can't really help that. Maybe a lot of Americans are obsessed over it, as there's been a large holdover of the Cold War mindset which never really went away. People were obsessed with communism and the Soviet Union, so for generations, it was a favorite pastime to play armchair geopolitician. It still goes on today. I do it, too. :oops:
The Cold War ended in 1990 for us. Actually there has never been...because the Italian Communist Party was very influential before that year...and so the Soviet Union was never perceived as an enemy. We don't hate Putin, we don't hate Russians.
We don't hate anybody.

Italians have always appreciated Putin. Putin showed lots of love for us. And Italians always reciprocate. Now they are suffering excruciatingly because they are forced to take a side.
Putin has never done anything to us, so we cannot hate him.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Its comical how you profess to speak for all Italians, when in fact you speak more for the far right fascistic ones

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
That's the point, indeed.
He is also free to set hundreds of Bibles on fire. That falls within his freedom of speech.

I don't think he is a moron. I think he is challenging the Swedish Government, asking him to defend his freedom of speech against the protesters who would like to gag him.
Why doesn't he do that in Italy? Because the Italian Government would defend him. It's useless.

Okay, you called. ;) The issue is that the freedom of speech is limited in Denmark and as I recall also in Sweden.
Now for the rest. He is a marginal figure, but relevant due to Sweden's application to Nato and thus Turkey.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Okay, you called. ;) The issue is that the freedom of speech is limited in Denmark and as I recall also in Sweden.
Now for the rest. He is a marginal figure, but relevant due to Sweden's application to Nato and thus Turkey.
In what way is it limited?
And does Paludan cross those limits?