• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reasons for the belief in no God

Subby

Who says that evolution shows no god?
I mean, other than you just now?

Are you even reading the posts? This was evidence of no God according to Pernumbra, which would mean it is atheistic in its philosophy, thus justifying its absurd conclusions.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Are you even reading the posts? This was evidence of no God according to Pernumbra, which would mean it is atheistic in its philosophy, thus justifying its absurd conclusions.

Pernumbra never said evolution was evidence of no god.
You created that strawman all on your own.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And you fail for the third time. What about evolution shows no God?
The reason I put many of those reasons together is that each one invalidates a different aspect of claimed deities. Most of them don't individually refute a given god concept entirely.

For instance, the one about nature causing grievous suffering is not an argument against the existence of god, it's an argument against benevolence or intelligence of god (which are aspects that are often associated with claimed gods). If someone claimed to believe in an uncaring or malevolent god, then that argument wouldn't apply.

Likewise, evolution is an argument against purpose and necessity. Evolution by natural selection has no goals or desired outcomes. It shows no forethought. It is cruel. Humans are a tiny piece of the puzzle of life on this planet. We're not designed a certain way, to do certain things. Our bodies are not evidence of a creator, because in evolution by natural selection, each life form is derived from an earlier one down to very, very simple life forms.

It also invalidates certain religions or subsets of religions. For instance, if a Christian claims that suffering is due to sin, the history of this planet refutes that claim because suffering and death existed before humans ever existed on this planet. The process of creatures living, fighting, breeding, and dying was occurring long before we ever emerged.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Post 79... now go away you add NOTHING.

Post 79 does not say that evolution is evidence that there is no god.

Post 79 is a list of Pernumbra's reasons for not believing in god.

You really should pay closer attention to what is posted.

Subby

The reason I put many of those reasons together is that each one invalidates a different aspect of claimed deities. Most of them don't individually refute a given god concept entirely.

For instance, the one about nature causing grievous suffering is not an argument against the existence of god, it's an argument against benevolence or intelligence of god (which are aspects that are often associated with claimed gods). If someone claimed to believe in an uncaring or malevolent god, then that argument wouldn't apply.

However in other ways it does not apply in anyway, as it is not producing relevant context.

Likewise, evolution is an argument against purpose and necessity. Evolution by natural selection has no goals or desired outcomes. It shows no forethought. It is cruel. Humans are a tiny piece of the puzzle of life on this planet. We're not designed a certain way, to do certain things. Our bodies are not evidence of a creator, because in evolution by natural selection, each life form is derived from an earlier one down to very, very simple life forms.

This in no way shows evidence of no God, in fact, it just shows the outcome of the design we are under.

It also invalidates certain religions or subsets of religions. For instance, if a Christian claims that suffering is due to sin, the history of this planet refutes that claim because suffering and death existed before humans ever existed on this planet. The process of creatures living, fighting, breeding, and dying was occurring long before we ever emerged.

Again, this in no way refutes the existence of God, The fact you posit it, mandates that it assume the existence of God.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
However in other ways it does not apply in anyway, as it is not producing relevant context.

This in no way shows evidence of no God, in fact, it just shows the outcome of the design we are under.

Again, this in no way refutes the existence of God, The fact you posit it, mandates that it assume the existence of God.

*knocks*
Hello?
Are you even here on planet Earth?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member

This doesn't actually address almost any of what I said. I clearly wrote that the truth of evolution by natural selection is an argument against specific aspects of claimed gods, like all of the other arguments on my list.

How about this- describe your god that can exist in harmony with my entire list of arguments against gods.

Subby

This doesn't actually address almost any of what I said. I clearly wrote that the truth of evolution by natural selection is an argument against specific aspects of claimed gods, like all of the other arguments on my list.

Don't you get it? The fact there is natural laws, what created those?

How about this- describe your god that can exist in harmony with my entire list of arguments against gods.

How about articulate a dang argument that mandates/dictates logically that there is no God please...

Subby

I have much more than you.
The fact that I actually read and understand the posts BEFORE I reply puts me several steps ahead of you.

And nothing again.

Can't anybody articulate an argument that does not rely on and thus refutes the existence of God?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
And nothing again.

Can't anybody articulate an argument that does not rely and thus refutes the existence of God?

So I guess the answer to my very first question in my very first post in this thread, you know, the one you completely missed, is that you are merely looking for someone to prove that god does not exist.

Is this an accurate statement?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Don't you get it? The fact there is natural laws, what created those?
Dunno. I don't make claims for things I don't know.

What created your god?

How about articulate a dang argument that mandates/dictates logically that there is no God please...
I've listed several, but they were too numerous for you. They have gone unchallenged in this thread thus far, so I don't see much of a reason to continue posting in here unless they are all addressed and you can describe a god concept that can exist in harmony with all of those various arguments.

The ball's in your court. :shrug:

(And I might advise that if you want to be taken seriously, you might want to use a more mature and reasonable tone. I'm not sure what your age is.)

Subby

Dunno. I don't make claims for things I don't know.

What created your god?

I've listed several, but they were too numerous for you. They have gone unchallenged in this thread thus far, so I don't see much of a reason to continue posting in here unless they are all addressed and you can describe a god concept that can exist in harmony with all of those various arguments.

The ball's in your court. :shrug:

(And I might advise that if you want to be taken seriously, you might want to use a more mature and reasonable tone. I'm not sure what your age is.)
I have challenged them, read my posts again.