• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I believe the personality is the ego and is transported from physical body to astral body and back until the ego is merged with the omnipresent divine consciousness. Once that happens we express God in our own way, just as Jesus and the many other saints do in their own way. Personality is immortal because it is ever changing. The ego is never really lost, it just becomes purified and expands.

This was God's plan because he allows everyone the free will to live how they desire. If everyone saw that their soul lives a string of lives they would immediately go into depression and wouldn't be able to live with their past actions and constant repetitive mistakes. We would become drossy knowing that our soul is very old and has lived this very same life the same way over and over again. Therefore God allows us to have a clean slate.

Everything but the physical body. The astral body is the next sheath below the physical body. This astral body carries the 30 cross currents of ego. Where we get our personality and karma from. The difference in the astral world and this physical world is everything is composed of free flowing light. It is less confined and stagnant light. Therefore we are disease free and can materialize anything we want with light. We can also talk telepathically and travel on waves light from one astral sphere to the next. This astral life is much longer than a physical life, but eventually if we are not God realized and have desires we must reincarnate to a physical body that runs in line with our karma. Our memory is then wiped clean and we start over hopeing to finally figure out this riddle of life, death and rebirth. Through soul intuition and God guidance we will eventually figure out that the goal of life is not to feed into our earthly desires but to merge once again with the divince consciousness which is God. This bliss within ourselves is the heaven we all must find eventually. Then and only then will we absorb all of our desires in the sea of bliss that is in God's presence and never have to reincarnate to a disease riddled and suffering causing planet. Your soul will be free at last.
Thanks!

Koldo

Outstanding Member
There are quite a few misconceptions generated about this topic, in my opinion. Firstly, the personality doesn't reincarnate. it is just the soul, and the eternal Self within the soul that reincarnates.

We are a series of bodies, or sheaths. The outermost is the physical body. That's all it is ... the physical body. Next inside that is the intellectual/ego/astral body. That's where we dream from. Its basically an etheric copy of our physical body. It contains this personality, this ego.

Yet further inside is a soul body. Its a body of light, humanoid in shape, but more like those guys from Close encounters. From this body intuition and direct cognition operate. This is all that reincarnates, firstly into a new physical body, inside the womb at some point in time. The astral or intellectual body grows as as the physical body grows. Little children don't have all that congested intellect, emotional insecurity and all that we adults have. The new intellectual body and ego has to grow along.

The physical body and the astral body do not reincarnate. So anyone hoping they (they meaning the ego/personality) will come back are SOL. But one of the primary differences between east and west is who we are, or better, who we perceive we are. In the East, we are souls with physical bodies. In the west we're physical bodies or egos with souls. Eastern people tend to view life as a string of lives.

When we die, we at first enter into the second world, or astral plane, astral body intact, but within time, it too drops off, memories fade, attachments fade, and once again we are just the soul, and the Self (essence) within that. Then we are ready to pick out or have chosen for us another physical body.

We could be so clouded as to choose a mammal, but that's as far as that one goes. Insects, birds, vegetables, are all different vibrations, call them souls if you wish, but these souls we are cannot use those physicals as temporal homes. Where that myth got started, I don't know. A lot of hearsay gets started by others critical of the faith in reincarnation in an attempt top make it appear less logical.

And this is true because you said so, right? :rolleyes:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Don't we all? I just said I don't agree with his theory; misconception is implicit in that.

Considering reincarnation has yet to be proven as true to the population in general i see little use to label any concept about it as myth or misconception.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
What does ITA mean?
I Totally Agree. :)

Also if you don't mind could you share your beliefs?
Of course! I'd thought to wait for a few more replies, that's all.

For any of it to make sense, you need some basic info on my theology:

I believe in what someone cleverer than I dubbed "the living Godiverse." That God is a sapient organism whose body is the cosmos. The Godiverse has three primal elements: matter (as divine as the others), rhys (consciousness), and arn (life force). Reality as we know it is the infinitely complex interaction of these elements.

While the elements are immortal, a life form is not an element. It's an interaction, an event. This interaction is called the seeming.

Do you believe that
1) The personality is simply transported to a new body, or
2) the personality is at least in part mortal?
2. The vast majority of the personality is seeming, and mortal. Death is the end of the event we call life. Only the elements go on, though forever altered by the experience.

2) What precisely goes on to the new life?
The rhys.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
In order for reincarnation to be even worth considering, you'd have to be able to support dualism in some way. AFAIK, there is no evidence for such an idea, automatically ruling reincarnation out.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
In order for reincarnation to be even worth considering, you'd have to be able to support dualism in some way. AFAIK, there is no evidence for such an idea, automatically ruling reincarnation out.
Not really, I don't.

Why do people demand evidence is theological discussion? /whine

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
I Totally Agree. :)

Of course! I'd thought to wait for a few more replies, that's all.

For any of it to make sense, you need some basic info on my theology:

I believe in what someone cleverer than I dubbed "the living Godiverse." That God is a sapient organism whose body is the cosmos. The Godiverse has three primal elements: matter (as divine as the others), rhys (consciousness), and arn (life force). Reality as we know it is the infinitely complex interaction of these elements.

While the elements are immortal, a life form is not an element. It's an interaction, an event. This interaction is called the seeming.

2. The vast majority of the personality is seeming, and mortal. Death is the end of the event we call life. Only the elements go on, though forever altered by the experience.

The rhys.

The first part actually isn't to much different then what I believe. I believe we are made of different elements. Basically stardust. Like Jesus said we are made in his image. He created us to grow, experience God's many wonders and finally merge into his everlasting evernew joy and become like him.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
The first part actually isn't to much different then what I believe. I believe we are made of different elements. Basically stardust. Like Jesus said we are made in his image. He created us to grow, experience God's many wonders and finally merge into his everlasting evernew joy and become like him.
:yes:

"We are stardust, contemplating stardust."

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God

Dualism is all around us! Hot-cold, happy-sad, life-death, pleasure-pain, up-down, likes-dislikes, day-night, fire-water, land-air, etc. etc. I could go on and on about dualism.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Not really, I don't.

Why do people demand evidence is theological discussion? /whine
Don't you want to be correct?
Dualism is all around us! Hot-cold, happy-sad, life-death, pleasure-pain, up-down, likes-dislikes, day-night, fire-water, land-air, etc. etc. I could go on and on about dualism.
Sorry, I was vague. I meant body-mind dualism. You have to establish that there's some component of "mind" that isn't just an extension of the body.