• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion,homosexuality & prostitution

Ethics and religion

• Total voters

brokensymmetry

ground state
The question in my mind is, if an adult woman freely chooses to be a prostitute, is there something morally wrong with that? It's not clear to me that there is. Why others are so interested in making this illegal smacks of paternalism to me.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Really? Street hookers and other sex workers aren't out there because they want to be. Now, there's legal brothels and independent sex workers who choose to do that, but most prostitutes are forced into it one way or another.

The poll isn't about those who are forced but the ones who choose to work as prostitute in legal ways.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I voted for all
2 Men kissing could disgust me depending on my mood and setting
2 Men kissing would not bother me depending on my mood and setting.
Playboy or Play girl depending on my mood and setting
Prostitute I would try my best to support my mother and daughter but if that is what they wanted to do I would have to support them and make sure they are protected as much as I can. They are people and deserve their choices and if prostitution makes them happy, it is what they should do.
Innocent Person, If I was in the Military I could drop the Atomic Bomb. I would under my own direction never purposely kill an innocent person.
I can lie period. I would use a lie depending on my mood and setting.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Do you mean by force,how ?

I saw many documentaries about this, some have families threatened in their countries, some do it because of debts, there's some who have no families/friends to help them when they lost their job, there's youngs who do it because they have to pay their studies/flat/food, other do it because the family is poor ...
I even saw a guy doing it because he left his country (he's an illegal immigrant) and didn't find anyone to help him to find a job/food or anything so he prostituted himself

I don't think people are happy to do it but they feel it's the solution at that moment.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I saw many documentaries about this, some have families threatened in their countries, some do it because of debts, there's some who have no families/friends to help them when they lost their job, there's youngs who do it because they have to pay their studies/flat/food, other do it because the family is poor ...
I even saw a guy doing it because he left his country (he's an illegal immigrant) and didn't find anyone to help him to find a job/food or anything so he prostituted himself

I don't think people are happy to do it but they feel it's the solution at that moment.

That isn't always the case.

If we make an excuses for those acts then we don't have to blame the bandits if they were in need for money.

The poll is about members opinion about their own families.

As you can see 10 of the members will be sad to know if their daughters chose to work as prostitutes and 6 may accept their mother to work as prostitutes.

So the poll is about professional prostitution and not the one forced to such as in the criminal cases.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Ah, man. Just because we are disturbed by something doesn't mean it's wrong, it just means we shouldn't be around it if we want to be comfortable.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
That isn't always the case.

If we make an excuses for those acts then we don't have to blame the bandits if they were in need for money.

The poll is about members opinion about their own families.

As you can see 10 of the members will be sad to know if their daughters chose to work as prostitutes and 6 may accept their mother to work as prostitutes.

So the poll is about professional prostitution and not the one forced to such as in the criminal cases.

I know it's not always the case, i said it's "the majority".
I think it's not always black and white, when a girl is forced to give money to the pimp to save her familly it's not an "excuse" as she is the victime.

Anyway, you made clear that it's about those you want to to it by choice.

What you should have add to this poll is if the person who answer is religious or not.
There's some religious people who are gays, so they will answer yes to :

-It is OK for me to see 2 men kissing each other as lovers do.

Or just they are religious (not gays) but still support the gay mariage for exemple.