• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religion is slowly dying?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Because it is such a good money making scam religion is unlikely to die out completely.
Science isn't competing with religion, it'll go on whether religion exists or not. The problem for religions of science is that it keeps (not on purpose) proving them wrong.

Yes, a good money-making scam, but please notice Revelation 18 verses 11-19 because the world's commercial empire - it's business merchants - mourn the loss of the world's biggest business -> the world's false religious sector - with her false myth-religious teachings such as her money-making so-called religious holidays. They will mourn the loss of their revenue instead of the loss of life or sorrow in the world. The world's false religious organizations will come to a surprising end - 1st Thess. 5:2,3

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Religions that try to compete with science will die.
those that embrace it will exist along side it.

Unfortunately Scientific knowledge depends on education. So religion will have its greateest hold amongst the ignorant, and those kept from education.
This is easily observed today in the teachings and practices of ISIS.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Science is based on logic
Religion is not
Education shines light on reality that has been hidden by traditional beliefs
In Australia most churches are now Mac Donald's stores as they were once in prime commercial positions
This has been a rapid change. But now we have mobs of unaustralian immigrants demanding mosques be built.
I prefer Mac Donald's they have terrible food but great coffee.

MD

qualiaphile
Science is based on logic
Religion is not
Education shines light on reality that has been hidden by traditional beliefs
In Australia most churches are now Mac Donald's stores as they were once in prime commercial positions
This has been a rapid change. But now we have mobs of unaustralian immigrants demanding mosques be built.
I prefer Mac Donald's they have terrible food but great coffee.

The very essence of what it means to be human isn't logical at all

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
The very essence of what it means to be human isn't logical at all
I would have thought that is rather arrogant assumption when in reality it is in fact a highly logical result of successful evolutionary processes.

MD

qualiaphile
I would have thought that is rather arrogant assumption when in reality it is in fact a highly logical result of successful evolutionary processes.

Then you don't really know enough philosophy or science to argue that

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
thousands of years longer? please do say!
I can help with that. Zoroastrianism. I think we have a Zoroastrian on this website, by the way. It was founded by Zoroaster 3,500 years ago. 1,500 years before Christianity. :) Maybe not "thousands" (plural), but at least a thousand.

Oh, Buddha, 4,000 BCE or something like that, which would make Buddhism older as well, quite a bit in fact.

MD

qualiaphile
I can help with that. Zoroastrianism. I think we have a Zoroastrian on this website, by the way. It was founded by Zoroaster 3,500 years ago. 1,500 years before Christianity. :) Maybe not "thousands" (plural), but at least a thousand.

Oh, Buddha, 4,000 BCE or something like that, which would make Buddhism older as well, quite a bit in fact.

There's three of us

Tres Zoroastrians por favor :D

Sees

Dragonslayer

Think Buddha was closer to Heraclitus :p

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I can't remember where i read this, or perhaps heard it.. but i've heard/read that religions are slowl declining in favour of science.. would you say this is true? in 200 years from now might there be no religion ? your opinion :) I'm not sure, so I have no answer I guess..

In the west, this is absolutely true, secularism is much more powerful and virtually all religions are losing a tremendous number of members. While this might not lead to no religion, certainly it will lead to religion having less power over society in the coming years. That is, IMO, a very good thing.

scanz0r

hmm but if religions are renewed/adjusted to go hand and hand with science.. what does that say about religion? isn't it pretty much admitting it was wrong? if so, whats to say everything else isn't wrong also?

raye

Unfortunately the "men" that dictate religion to the stupid masses are finding that the stupid masses are becoming more educated and hence less stupid and question the meaning of man made religion. In a day where more people are becoming more aware of the mess mankind is making of his host planet, i have a gut feeling we will embrace mother nature once more (as in the pagan days) and with the aid of our best tool "science" try to fix the mess we have made instead of praying for god to fix it for us.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Well they didn't go to church on "Star Trek" so that proves religion won't survive into the future.... :p