• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rename FOX News?

Should "FOX News" be renamed to "FOX Opinion"?

• Total voters

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I don't mean having the information available to the public, but the information should be available to police. The main reason I support this is to keep child predators off the internet. MySpace deleted profiles from 27,000 sex offenders this weekend. You and I both know that unless there is some way for MySpace to verify the identity of every single user on its system, that they can't keep them off. Anyone can put a false name and birthday into a form on the internet. If there were some number or code that you could use to verify the accuracy of that name and birthday, it would be a different story.
OR... we could look toward the day where computers power is cheap and plentiful enough that we actually look for the characteristics of a paedophile in action. ;)

Seeing how MySpace, Google and countless other sites already track people's activites to answer the question "is this person likely to want to purchase product 'X'?", it doesn't seem too different in concept to use the same techology to answer the question "is this person likely to be a sexual predator?" No special government-issued Internet access pass required, just the information about us and our browsing habits that's already out there now (which is considerable, I grant you).

That plus parents teaching their children how to be safe online would be just as effective as the government control scheme you proposed.

Once again, if they want to be slanted to the right yet still claim they are fair and balanced- it is their constitutional right.
It's also everyone else's constitutional right to complain about them if they don't like 'em, right?

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
So you admit that FOXNews is dishonest?
What do you mean admit? Every news station is comprised of dishonest fear mongering spawns who most likely evolved straight from reptiles.
It is their right to be dishonest and claim they are fair and balanced. Just as it is my right to compare them to a retarded duck-billed platypus
The only news source I do not despise is the BBC.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
You don't believe Fox News is "fair and balanced" or biased?

Not Fox!

Libby_not_guilty.jpg
Maybe you should look into what Libby was actually found guilty. Libby was fond NOT GUILTY of making false statements to the FBI. He was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice.

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Why do so many people have such a problem with a network that has opinion shows whose hosts are more moderate to conservative than most other news and current event shows? I have never understoof it. The great thing about America is that they have a right to produce any show that they want to, and the free market will decide how successful they will be. IF you don't like it, then don't watch it. They don't have to change their name and they can do whatever the hell they want to. By the way, from the standpoint of newscast, the network has a very factual, middle of the road approach. I think it is the opinion based shows that are ******* you guys off so much, but hey every network does it. It's just that Fox provides a place that conservatives can find appealing, unlike any of the other networks.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
All the news media is pro-capitalist. I would change all of their scrolling text to say "Our news is decided by our sponsors. We don't care about educating you on the news unless it makes us a bigger buck."

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
All the news media is pro-capitalist. I would change all of their scrolling text to say "Our news is decided by our sponsors. We don't care about educating you on the news unless it makes us a bigger buck."
:yes:
I abhor every single news channel with the exception of the BBC, which actually cares more about its programs then its advertisements.

MotoEric

I have to be honest here. I know it's not a Christian attitude, but Keith Olberman nauseates me. I can't remember seeing a more smarmy, condescending public figure. I AGREE with most of his views on Bill O'Reilly, but c'mon; what does it say about you when the most frequent victim of your tirades is the guy who is opposite you on another channel.

Keith Olberman: Worst. Person. Ever.

Eric

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
You think a capitalist system is incapable of producing an honest news source I take it?

Can you prove that?

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
By the way, I am assuming that those of you who think it is "way slanted to the right" are refering to the commentation programs on the network. I would just point out that those commentators do not promote themselves as news reporters, but as entertainers. When it comes to simply reporting current events, I personnally find them to be pretty middle of the road.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

I have to be honest here. I know it's not a Christian attitude, but Keith Olberman nauseates me. I can't remember seeing a more smarmy, condescending public figure. I AGREE with most of his views on Bill O'Reilly, but c'mon; what does it say about you when the most frequent victim of your tirades is the guy who is opposite you on another channel.

Keith Olberman: Worst. Person. Ever.

Eric

LOL, well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Let me ask, how do you think of Olbermann as compared to O'Reilly?