• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revelation or Psychosis?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess I grew up trying to please god, and those thought patterns are ingrained. If my experience yesterday was similar to that of Daniel, God might be saying that I am greatly beloved, and that would mean my existence has meaning.
Or maybe it's Satan, Isis, a dæmon or some jinn planting these ideas. Maybe your mind's weaving a comforting tapestry depicting a pleasant and familiar world.

Are you sure you're not inserting yourself into the mythology you grew up with?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not everything has empirical backing.
Agreed, and without it things remain uncertain and hypothetical, and should be acknowledged as such, until some objective backing materialize. "I don't know" isn't a mental defect needing an immediate patch with whatever unevidenced explanation comes to hand.

For decisions of purpose, value, meaning, propriety, &c; faith based decision making may be all we have, but care should be taken that this magisterium not overstep its applicable bounds.