• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Dawkins Reads His Hate Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Neo Nerd

BWAHAHA is their a whole series of these.

If not they should make one.

I like the idea of the chair by the fire.

But his accent isn't posh enough. Perhaps they could get steven fry to read them.

-Q

Kerr

Lol!

I find it ironic that some people claim God to be so good and then write mails like that :p.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I do love Dawkins. He has such a good sense of humor. I suppose the only thing one can do with emails such as these, is to laugh uproariously, knowing full well one really is onto something.

Tathagata

Freethinker
Lol!

I find it ironic that some people claim God to be so good and then write mails like that :p.

Technically, they believe God is good, but that we are born-sinners, so it's really not ironic. It's rather consistent with their beliefs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You also keep an entourage of guffawing Jack-a-napes, who find your most inane utterances profound and hilarious, with you at all times?

(yes I said jack-a-napes, what of it :149:)
I have only detractors in my entourage....the type who send him those emails.

How do you think he should react?

Mocking people because of their spelling mistakes and for not being as educated as you is not a good sign of character in my view. In general I think Dawkins is a brilliant man who has falling into the trap of surrounding himself with people who don't challenge his ideas, and this has made him come across as increasingly arrogant, and belittling , which works against his professed desire to educate.

The letters weren't anywhere near as funny or as abusive as you would expect, I've seen so much worse on this forum.

Smoke

Done here.
Mocking people because of their spelling mistakes and for not being as educated as you is not a good sign of character in my view. In general I think Dawkins is a brilliant man who has falling into the trap of surrounding himself with people who don't challenge his ideas, and this has made him come across as increasingly arrogant, and belittling , which works against his professed desire to educate.

The letters weren't anywhere near as funny or as abusive as you would expect, I've seen so much worse on this forum.

The late Queen Mother handled that kind of thing beautifully. When people came at her in anger, she either deflected it with humor or pretended not to understand. But that would be hard for Dawkins to pull off, I think.

But you do have a point. Frankly, I don't really think some kinds of people should be engaged at all, though it doesn't keep me from engaging them sometimes.

The late Queen Mother handled that kind of thing beautifully. When people came at her in anger, she either deflected it with humor or pretended not to understand. But that would be hard for Dawkins to pull off, I think.

But you do have a point. Frankly, I don't really think some kinds of people should be engaged at all, though it doesn't keep me from engaging them sometimes.

I think he has lost the ability to look at himself objectively. I know I liked him a whole lot more when I only read his books and didn't see him interviewed, maybe I am reacting to his accent and it is a class thing, but his voice and attendant claque in this video are like nails on a blackboard to me.

The Queen Mother was the last of the awesome British royals :)

The Neo Nerd

Mocking people because of their spelling mistakes and for not being as educated as you is not a good sign of character in my view.

I'm osrry it may be because i am totally **** faced but i fell that spelling mistakes are definitely something to be riducled consuidering the sheer amount of abuse directed at him.

If you want ot be aken seriously perhaps you should use the spell check function.

IOf course religious fervour could be used to describe such lapses in spelling, which of course is TOTALLY inappropriate.

Is it really that hard to accept thtat that therer are people that disagree with you.

Is it really acall for this kind of abuse?

Some people take their mythiology so seriously, its kin of pathetic,.

-Q

St Giordano Bruno

And have the cheek to criticise atheists for swearing, just listen to what those creationists have written with their poison vitriols as they swear like drunken sailors.

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

The Queen Mother was the last of the awesome British royals :)

Pfft you americans could have them all for nothing if I had the power.
You can pay for their upkeep and priviledged lifestyles...because many of us brits are sick of the parasites.

Down with Royalty!

Pro Republica!

Sorry about that Monta...but I, like many british people, can't stand the royal family and worse the sheeplike fawning of the sychophantic royalists that love them.

Pfft you americans could have them all for nothing if I had the power.
You can pay for their upkeep and priviledged lifestyles...because many of us brits are sick of the parasites.

Down with Royalty!

Pro Republica!

Sorry about that Monta...but I, like many british people, can't stand the royal family and worse the sheeplike fawning of the sychophantic royalists that love them.

Lol, I'm Irish, I don't see the point of your royal family outside of their value as a tourist attraction, but judging her against the rest of them the Queen Mother was hilarious. Prince Harry has his moments though.

I'm osrry it may be because i am totally **** faced but i fell that spelling mistakes are definitely something to be riducled consuidering the sheer amount of abuse directed at him.

If you want ot be aken seriously perhaps you should use the spell check function.

IOf course religious fervour could be used to describe such lapses in spelling, which of course is TOTALLY inappropriate.

Is it really that hard to accept thtat that therer are people that disagree with you.

Is it really acall for this kind of abuse?

Some people take their mythiology so seriously, its kin of pathetic,.

-Q

I sense this is a trap, I'm not falling for it
images

Primordial Annihilator

Lol, I'm Irish, I don't see the point of your royal family outside of their value as a tourist attraction, but judging her against the rest of them the Queen Mother was hilarious. Prince Harry has his moments though.

Not my Royal Family thankyou...I do not recognise the monarchy.

Prince Harry...he who attends fancy dress parties dressed as a Nazi...yes I know of him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.