• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Dawkins Reads His Hate Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

St Giordano Bruno

This was pretty funny. I think mostly because there were swear words read in a British accent.

[youtube]cztjgtm6Jw0[/youtube]

They may sound better a good old tough American accent but a Scottish accent may do so perhaps he should have gotton Billy Conolly to read them out. BTW this video sums up Billy's thoughts on creationism.

I ask because there are far to many people who would point it out with Dawkins but then flat out deny that every single church is the exact same thing.

That is exactly the point, he is alarmingly similar to every single church and doing the exact same thing.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
If you call that fun then fine.
I personally if was a prince of England and Scotland would not have the bad taste to dress as an officer of a facist regime that murdered millions and also bombed my home nation to near destruction.
I would go as Captain Jack Sparrow and not have to spend all night wondering if some antifacist or jewish extremist might decide to smash my teeth in for me at some point.
Forget Sparrow... Harkness all the way! :p

But I think if you are going to send a "BURN IN HELL YOU EVIL $#!&..btw, Jesus loves you" message, you need to be mocked.

If you don't agree with him fine... but wishing him harm and hypocritical vitriol is wrong. Such poison needs to have some light shined on it. Not that just reading the e-mails is all that much of a mocking really.

wa:do

Primordial Annihilator

Forget Sparrow... Harkness all the way! :p

But I think if you are going to send a "BURN IN HELL YOU EVIL $#!&..btw, Jesus loves you" message, you need to be mocked.

If you don't agree with him fine... but wishing him harm and hypocritical vitriol is wrong. Such poison needs to have some light shined on it. Not that just reading the e-mails is all that much of a mocking really.

wa:do

I have no idea what you are babbling on about...I truly don't.

Anyone who chooses to dress as a Nazi should be beaten senseless.

Poison or not...I could not care less...in fact I laugh at such precious so called altruism...it makes me sick.

Personally I despise all Nazi filth and all their nazi loving supporters....if you go to a fancy dress party as a Nazi officer then I hope you do get beaten half to death or otherwise penalised.

I am not a nice person lets make that clear now...in fact I am a very bad person with serious sociopathic issues...(not keen on other humans at all)...but I do try to be more than my animal nature...I try to be better.
I hate Nazis, I absolutely despise them, the sight of the inverse swastika makes my blood boil.
After all people hate most what they hate about themselves.. ;)
I am a domineering uber facist in many ways sadly...but I am no murderer of innocents....so I save up all my hatred for actual Nazis and other bigots...allowing me to try and love everyone else.

Try to mock me if you will I of course will fight fire with fire.

Last edited:

Panda

42?
Premium Member
[youtube]cztjgtm6Jw0[/youtube]

They may sound better a good old tough American accent but a Scottish accent may do so perhaps he should have gotton Billy Conolly to read them out. BTW this video sums up Billy's thoughts on creationism.

He has such a posh accent though. You want to find a proper Glaswegian accent :p

I don't care what country you are from...in fact I could not care less...I was joking.

I shall refrain from attempting humour with you in the future..so relax.

I wonder if calling someone a drama queen is a violation of the rules of rf. I guess I'm going to find out.

I can't promise I will refrain from attempting humour with you, because I can't be bothered remember who has had a hissy fit over some joke or other I made. But if you need to know how to use the ignore function, feel free to ask.

NOW, good day to you sir!
haughty.png

Primordial Annihilator

I wonder if calling someone a drama queen is a violation of the rules of rf. I guess I'm going to find out.

I can't promise I will refrain from attempting humour with you, because I can't be bothered remember who has had a hissy fit over some joke or other I made. But if you need to know how to use the ignore function, feel free to ask.

NOW, good day to you sir!
haughty.png

You can call me what you like Monta... ;)

As long as I can respond.... :D

Erebus

British!?!? What miserable *********** mother****** called you British!?!?!
I hope they're banned.

I say! There's no need for that old chap. I'm afraid if I hear one more rapscallion speaking ill of Britain I shall be forced to resort to fisticuffs!

And back on topic... I've never much cared for Dawkin's books, but I have to say I actually quite like his interviews. Seeing this has given me a little more respect for him, it's good to see he has a sense of humour.

Midnight Pete

I ask because there are far to many people who would point it out with Dawkins but then flat out deny that every single church is the exact same thing.

And why is that? Because even the highest and the mightiest of church folk are still tragically, imperfectly, and profoundly human. Why else would Pope Benedict not seem to care about the Church's sex scandal. Why else would Benedict seem to be in a sort of Vatican-bubble where he is not plugged into the reality of the situation?

I attack my church leadership because I care. :blowkiss:

Last edited:

Primordial Annihilator

And why is that? Because even the highest and the mightiest of church folk are still tragically, imperfectly, and profoundly human. Why else would Pope Benedict not seem to care about the Church's sex scandal. Why else would Benedict seem to be in a sort of Vatican-bubble where he is not plugged into the reality of the situation?

I attack my church leadership because I care. :blowkiss:

Good man.

More christians like you...the better.

Erebus

I haven't actually. Just had a look at the breakdown of it online, looks interesting. I should probably have qualified the statement with "I don't much care for his theology books". As a biologist he's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.