• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rival Annoyed

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
i-just-wanna-die-quotes-with-image-800x445.jpg

ssz1.jpg
Sending you hugs and love! If you feel like you want to hurt yourself, please call emergency services. Please be safe.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Last night I had an odd yet strangely amusing dream. I was at this place where there was a sort of resort with a very, very large swimming pool (or rather, body of water as no-one was actually swimming in it). There were these makeshift rafts/boats on which one could sail on the water. Each time I had a spare hour or so, I would go with this boy on one of these rafts and we really enjoyed it. Most of the people from RF were there too.
So on this one trip I was on this raft with no-name and somehow I fell and landed in the water. I can swim so it didn't bother me but @Tumah jumped in trying to save me anyway. Yet it was he who couldn't swim so I ended up pulling him out to safety. @Saint Frankenstein also liked hiring out the rafts with ? (the rafts were only made for two people).
@Revoltingest had stolen a part of the rafts which held up the sail and used it on pedal bikes which he then sold illegally and was caught. He'd tried to take the one from the raft that me and this boy used but we stopped him.
Later I'm in a car with my best friend and I make a terrible joke that no-one understands. @Nietzsche is in the front passenger seat and starts going on about how my joke wasn't funny. None of us seemed to care that there was apparently no-one driving the car.

The end.

Last edited:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Later on I'm in a car with my best friend and I make a terrible joke that no-one understands. @Nietzsche is in the front passenger seat and starts going on about how my joke wasn't funny. None of us seemed to care that there was apparently no-one driving the car.

The end.
Hm. Making a pedantic, long-winded comment to belittle someone else's failure while pointedly ignoring the larger problem at hand?

Yeah, sounds about right.

I'm curious, what'd I look like in this dream, though?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Hm. Making a pedantic, long-winded comment to belittle someone else's failure while pointedly ignoring the larger problem at hand?

Yeah, sounds about right.

I'm curious, what'd I look like in this dream, though?
You had lovely long dark hair, can't recall if it were black or brown, and wore brown rimmed spectacles. Couldn't see much else as you were just turning your head to look over your shoulder at us.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You know, that dream scares me a bit. I fancy myself a good interpreter of dreams and that one is kind of difficult to breath through.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
You know, that dream scares me a bit. I fancy myself a good interpreter of dreams and that one is kind of difficult to breath through.
I dream interpret too but I keep that aspect to myself. BTW breathe not breath :)

Milton Platt

So yesterday I asked my nana to leave a bottle of wine for me, as I cannot buy my own for having no ID, before she and my pa left. She forgot, but asked the neighbour to leave a bottle in the porch. Well, I kept looking in the porch and no wine.
Turns out my alcoholic father had taken it and drunk it.
Even though he knew it wasn't his (he didn't know it was mine, but he also knew it wasn't his)
And he had six bottles of beer bought for him that day.

I am so pissed off. I don't drink wine very regularly, I was so looking forwards to it, I can't buy my own and he had no right.

I mean how hard is it to be moral and not take what's not yours?

I escaped a life of sexual abuse (step-dad) for life with a narcissist (mom) and escaped life with a narcissist for life with a drunk.

What the hell life.

And now you deny me a bottle of vin?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
Do you have no ID because you are under age and are not supposed to be drinking alcohol? Are you following in your Alcoholic father's footsteps?

Kirran

Premium Member
Do you have no ID because you are under age and are not supposed to be drinking alcohol? Are you following in your Alcoholic father's footsteps?

The UK doesn't issue state ID, so unless you have a passport or a driving license to prove your age you can't buy alcohol even if you are of sufficient age.

Milton Platt

The UK doesn't issue state ID, so unless you have a passport or a driving license to prove your age you can't buy alcohol even if you are of sufficient age.
Didn't think about that. In the U.S. people are more apt to have a drivers license.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Didn't think about that. In the U.S. people are more apt to have a drivers license.
Oddly (to me) many young whippersnappers are opting out of having one.
Where daughter lives (NYC), many more are eschewing that. Self driving
cars will make taxi service cheaper, & enhance the trend.

Milton Platt

Oddly (to me) many young whippersnappers are opting out of having one.
Where daughter lives (NYC), many more are eschewing that. Self driving
cars will make taxi service cheaper, & enhance the trend.

Read an article awhile back that made a lot of sense. People will no longer purchase a car at some point. The cars will be self driving. You make a call, or use an app on your phone. The car shows up and takes you where you want to go. You get out and it drives off to the next customer (or waits if you want to pay for the time) Might even see the very beginning of this before you and I are pushing up daisies.

I will be very disruptive. Auto makers will no longer need dealer showrooms and lots full of cars. The companies that operate such services can buy directly from manufacturers, or perhaps the manufacturers will operate the driving services themselves.