• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rock of offence to the Jews

AmbiguousGuy

I don't expect them to believe. But every knee will bow I can't change that.

Oh that's just silly. Jesus wasn't even an actual man. The writers of Mark made him up, just like Arthur Conan Doyle made up Sherlock Holmes.

Why would we bend our knees to a fictional character?

Flankerl

I'm not offended at all I enjoy these discussions. they're in part enemies, it was needed so that God could show mercy to the Gentiles and after the full number of Gentiles have come in he will return and all Israel shall be saved. I love the Jewish nation and was not trying to cause division.

We dont need to be saved. 1900 years and you people wont stop with this. Why? Arent there some indigenous people out there you people could enslave uh i mean convert out there? Oh wait you already did that?
Ever tried what the monks did?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I'm not offended at all I enjoy these discussions. they're in part enemies, it was needed so that God could show mercy to the Gentiles and after the full number of Gentiles have come in he will return and all Israel shall be saved. I love the Jewish nation and was not trying to cause division.

That is so hilarious! LOL!

The God of the Bible is the JEWISH God.

Their God says they are his people.

The Messiah is from him to them, - not Christians.

Christians changed the text.

If Christians changed the Jewish God's message, - whom do you think is going to be saying OH!OH! in the end?

If YHVH is an actual God, - then the answer is - YOU! LOL! :D

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

I have noted that you haven't answered my reply - number 67!

You make comments about Jews - using Bible texts - that you obviously don't understand - as they are talking about other Christians.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
We dont need to be saved. 1900 years and you people wont stop with this. Why? Arent there some indigenous people out there you people could enslave uh i mean convert out there? Oh wait you already did that?
Ever tried what the monks did?

There are still some tribes that try to live in isolation from modern civilization, but they are struggling unfortunately. I fear they will soon completely disappear and with them dies one of our strongest links to our species' past. :(

InChrist

Free4ever
It appears according to the scriptures not only that blindness in part has happened to Israel (Romans 11:25), but everyone else...
This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart Ephesians 4:17-18

The god of this age (satan) blinds the mind of anyone when they do not believe the gospel.
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Corinthians 4;3-4

Just as it is recorded in the scriptures that Christ gave physical sight to the physically blind He gives spiritual sight to the spiritually blind. Christians are to share this gospel or good news about Jesus with everyone and if they are interested the light of Christ will shine on them, if they aren't interested then leave it at that.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Curious thing that God and Satan both are described as ones blinding people and leading them astray. How do you know which one for a particular case...or is it seen more as teamwork? I always wonder especially with verses like these how the ditheism spewing out still gets upheld as monotheism.

It appears according to the scriptures not only that blindness in part has happened to Israel (Romans 11:25), but everyone else...
This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart Ephesians 4:17-18

The god of this age (satan) blinds the mind of anyone when they do not believe the gospel.
But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 2 Corinthians 4;3-4

Just as it is recorded in the scriptures that Christ gave physical sight to the physically blind He gives spiritual sight to the spiritually blind. Christians are to share this gospel or good news about Jesus with everyone and if they are interested the light of Christ will shine on them, if they aren't interested then leave it at that.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Curious thing that God and Satan both are described as ones blinding people and leading them astray. How do you know which one for a particular case...or is it seen more as teamwork?
I always interpreted it as political mythological teamwork in order to perpetuate the orthodox Church through the ages. No one has kept their Christianity in business like Satan did, not even their savior.