• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Bible

ChrisP

Veteran Member
mr.guy said:
Then one's self cannot serve all.
How so? One's self is a portion of all. If you choose to make all serve yourself, this is selfishness. If you choose for your self to serve all this is the other side of the same coin.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
mr.guy said:
But you said there was no "I" in the "all". How do make the choice without that distinction?
I don't make that distinction because I have already made that choice. If you choose to make the choosy choice you chose...... then chose the same you will have.

WeAreAllOne

By serving yourself you are serving others, and by serving others you are serving yourself. both of these things, are interchangeable with the proper intentions.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
im gonna have to agree with Mr.Guy here :eek:

in the act of serving others, you feel good abotu helping someone

put another way, you recieve a good feelings through the act of helping someone

or finaly, helping someone is a selfish way of recieving a good feeling

no matter what action you do, there is a selfish motive behind it (imo)

and Mr.Guy is also right in saying if you serve all, but not yourself, you have not served all at all ;)

Danisty, i don't know if ive actually told you this, but i have a great respect for you :bounce i absolutly agree with your point earlier in the thread about how LaVeyan satanists should rejoice in accepting that their religion is based around ones self

i was under the impression that lucifer meant man of light - same thing as light bringer

blessed be

Ðanisty

Danisty, i don't know if ive actually told you this, but i have a great respect for you :bounce i absolutly agree with your point earlier in the thread about how LaVeyan satanists should rejoice in accepting that their religion is based around ones self
Thanks...I try. It's a little harder on this site than some others because there are more points of view expressed here.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Satanism is a beautiful thing. If I weren't' a heathen, I'd look at Satanism. I have three complaints.

1. Satanism doesn't place a focus on the family.
2. Satanism doesn't place a focus on natural cooperation.
3. Satanism uses Satan. (I personally like the Temple of Set).

Satanism and Discordianism are the two most honest religions I've studied. I loved the Satanic Bible and I've loved every Satanist I've met. For some reason, they are some of the only people that treat me the way I want to be treated. I love satanists (of every breed) and discordians. I wish I could have more than one religion. If I could, I'd have three. Well, four maybe. I love the Mormons too.

Ðanisty

1. Satanism doesn't place a focus on the family.
Well, of course not. The focus is always on yourself first. This is a good thing because it allows people with fantastic, loving families to place their own focus on the family and also allows people with violent, dispicable families to cut their ties as it isn't a healthy, productive environment. I am disturbed by religions that put a heavy focus on family because I've seen what bad families are capable of.
2. Satanism doesn't place a focus on natural cooperation.
Not explicitly, but natural cooperation is many times inherently beneficial to the individual, so it is in the Satanists best interest to participate. However, if the cooperation is detrimental, it should be avoided.
3. Satanism uses Satan. (I personally like the Temple of Set).
Indeed. I prefer Lucifer, but in general the Left Hand Path "faiths" have many of these ideas in common.

For some reason, they are some of the only people that treat me the way I want to be treated.
Seeing as Satanists believe in treating people they way they would be treated as opposed the the way you'd want to be treated, I think this says good things about you. Obviously, Satanists think you would treat them well. :)

St0ne

I agree it's an egocentic religion but mostly from the little I know, which is still more than the average joe "Satan represents vengence, instead of turning the other cheek!" is the thing I have the biggest disagreement with.

Satanism quite simply lacks a common sense approach to living a peaceful and happy life.

Ðanisty

St0ne said:
I agree it's an egocentic religion but mostly from the little I know, which is still more than the average joe "Satan represents vengence, instead of turning the other cheek!" is the thing I have the biggest disagreement with.

Satanism quite simply lacks a common sense approach to living a peaceful and happy life.
If a Satanist's life is not peaceful and happy, then they aren't approaching it properly. A Satanist should do things in accordance with what makes them happy even if that means sometimes thinking of others. If it leads to personal gratification, it is Satanic.