• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic connection to Harry Potter? Pah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiccan013

BUDDY said:
Do Wiccans get upset when some parts of you religion are used in stories, and possibly taken out of context by the writters? Personally, I think it is ludicrous that people would make the assertions mentioned by the OP. I have heard the same thing in relation to many stories and things that are only imagination. Like it is a negative thing to have an imagination anymore. However, if things form your religion are taken out of context, I think it is important to be aware of it and not ignorant of the fact. What are the thoughts of someof you Wiccans?

No, I personally do not get upset when parts of my religion are used in stories, I don't even get upset when people use it out of context. But when it does happen, I am more than glad to let the people know that it is not fact. Then, after I have informed you, and you continue to be ignorant of the facts, that is when I get upset.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
We must be very careful of what our children watch. If it wasn't for snow white, we would not have the drug problem of today.. Hidden messages. Snow White=Cocaine. Sleepy=Reds. Happy=Smoked pot. Grumpy=To much speed. Dopey=into everything! Doc=The connection. Bashful didn't abuse drugs, was paranoid enough on his own.. ;)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
jeffrey said:
We must be very careful of what our children watch. If it wasn't for snow white, we would not have the drug problem of today.. Hidden messages. Snow White=Cocaine. Sleepy=Reds. Happy=Smoked pot. Grumpy=To much speed. Dopey=into everything! Doc=The connection. Bashful didn't abuse drugs, was paranoid enough on his own.. ;)

:biglaugh:

i think that the basic message in the harry potter stories is the same one that is in little red riding hood, alice in wonderland, and every other fairy tale out there.... it's good V evil, and good wins (as far as i know, i don't know anything about the 7th book, maybe evil will win....)

either way, if the book is to be taken as true, i want to know when my owl is arriving to tell me i get to go to a school of witchcraft and wizzadry :149:

besides, the books suggest witchcraft is organised....... Turk, tell me im having a nightmare again, please, don't let this be true!!!!!!!!!!!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Mike182 said:
besides, the books suggest witchcraft is organised....... Turk, tell me im having a nightmare again, please, don't let this be true!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, Turk is busy right now organizing the new International Church of Wicca. He is currently laying down instructions on memberships and dogma and propaganda. May I take a message for you and forward to him as soon as possible? Please be aware it may take some time for him to respond to you as he is also planning on converting the 20 people we have locked in our basement first. I am anxiously awaiting your next owl.;)

SoyLeche

meh...
Mike182 said:
:biglaugh:
either way, if the book is to be taken as true, i want to know when my owl is arriving to tell me i get to go to a school of witchcraft and wizzadry :149:
You're a muggle. Accept it and move on :)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
*my mouth is gaping wide open, but no scream is coming out!*

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :tsk::verymad::mad::faint:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Mike182 said:
*my mouth is gaping wide open, but no scream is coming out!*

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :tsk::verymad:

awwwwww...you no like? LOL :D :biglaugh:

M

Majikthise

I saw something about this on the news this week , people with too much time to waste is all they are. Maybe they should spend more time spreading thier christian charity and a little less showcasing thier own ignorance.

FFH

Veteran Member
SoyLeche said:
So, what does the Bible Code have to say about this?

From the enemy: Harry Potter

Write this for a memorial in a book

Potter.gif

Potterep.gif

Harry Potter

I am a spirit of falsehood

Potter5.gif

Potter6.gif

FFH

Veteran Member
Harry Potter

To curse you

The sorcery,
we shall listen

Potter3.gif

Potter4.gif

Harry Potter is a sign

A witness of the end

A man of belial (name for satan) digs up evil

Potter1.gif

Potter2rep.gif

Booko

Deviled Hen
Majikthise said:
I saw something about this on the news this week , people with too much time to waste is all they are. Maybe they should spend more time spreading thier christian charity and a little less showcasing thier own ignorance.

Well, reading the rest of the thread after your post, I think you're suffering from a bad case of precognition...

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
FFH said:
Harry Potter

To curse you

The sorcery

We shall listen

Potter3.gif

Potter4.gif

Harry Potter is a sign

A witness of the end

A man of belial (name for satan) who digs up evil

Potter1.gif

Potter2rep.gif

Mike's right. I'm rather uncomfortable without a link- unless you wrote it, FFH.

Isn't attempting to understand or predict the future kind of frowned upon, to?

turk179

I smell something....
Mike182 said:
i think that the basic message in the harry potter stories is the same one that is in little red riding hood, alice in wonderland, and every other fairy tale out there.... it's good V evil, and good wins (as far as i know, i don't know anything about the 7th book, maybe evil will win....)

Sorry I did not see this thread earlier. I was in the basement.....um, looking for some.....um, canned goods:D .

If the book was to be taken as true then I would want to use my wand to fix things and to turn those annoying people into ferrets. Now where is my Nimbus so I can:super: away.

Booko

Deviled Hen
FeathersinHair said:
Isn't attempting to understand or predict the future kind of frowned upon, to?

That's what Beckysoup said, not that I could quote any of her scripture to back it up or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.