• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic connection to Harry Potter? Pah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
godconstantine said:
They wouldn't like their children to grow up in a Christian family and be reading something relatively near a Satanic Bible. Please send me your comments on this stupid idea.

There is nothing remotly satanic about those books although they did have to create an enemy out of an outcast black magician.
She uses much Hermetic and other philosophical bits behind the early science/natural magic theme- just as hermetic stuff and other mystcal philosophy is behind the BIble, she makes a wonderful fantasie world for children, and in the process, exposes natural magic for what it is....a child's fantasie world? mabye there is more to it than that. I can't believe people sometimes :super:

Bishka

Veteran Member
FFH, that is ridiculous. I could as well say that Lord of the Rings is sorcery because it has wizards in it.

Trying to prove something with a Bible code and 'tell the future' in anyway is pretty sketchy and actually frowned upon in the LDS church (but whatever mows your lawn I guess).

Obviously you've actually never takent the time yourself to see if they wre actually Satanic. If they were as your fear Satanic, they Church would say not to read it, they've done it with other books. Stop worrying, relax and read them.

They have a great story and all they are, are FICTION.

Get a grip man.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
:eat:****Mod Post****:drool:
this thread has been closed, it has gone way off topic!
this is a "discuss individual religions" forum, where members of other religions can ask respectful questions and read the replies. not the place for biblical codes and implications about "fantasy" religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.