• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School, NYPD 'cannot guarantee Jewish students' safety - Columbia rabbi tells Jewish students to leave Campus

Should Jewish students exit college campues

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
When I investigated it, the problem was that no
evidence was presented. I'd expect that if it
really did, it would be trumpeted at great volume.

BTW, I did hear an interview with a Palestinian
girl pulled from rubble whose younger brother
was beheaded by an Israeli bomb. I've yet to
hear any Zionist express outrage at that.
I've seen the site that the Israeli government set up to show the video and photo evidence of the October 7th attacks. There weren't any beheaded babies, people chained together, babies in ovens or anything like that. What happened there was horrible enough without having to lie about it. Al Jazeera did a great video investigation of October 7th and it was clear that both sides killed many innocent people that day. I saw the Palestinian militants throw a grenade into a crowd of those ravers at the festival, so I'm not denying that Hamas (or other militants) killed unarmed people. We know they committed war crimes. So there's no denying that. But Israel was lying about the more outlandish stuff, to demonize their enemy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@IndigoChild5559

I'm reporting you for misuse of the funny rating. Please stop doing it. ( @The Hammer I reported you, too, in another thread.) Stop being disrespectful. I'm tired of this. I don't laugh at your posts, which I find laughable and also gross apologies for genocide at times.
This is a useful caution.
Let's not make more work for mods.
Or get the thread locked up.
We should stick to the issues, & try to avoid offense that's personal.
Of course, we should express views about the issues even if offensive.
That alone has some real adverse effects on equanimity.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've seen the site that the Israeli government set up to show the video and photo evidence of the October 7th attacks. There weren't any beheaded babies, people chained together, babies in ovens or anything like that. What happened there was horrible enough without having to lie about it. Al Jazeera did a great video investigation of October 7th and it was clear that both sides killed many innocent people that day. I saw the Palestinian militants throw a grenade into a crowd of those ravers at the festival, so I'm not denying that Hamas (or other militants) killed unarmed people. We know they committed war crimes. So there's no denying that. But Israel was lying about the more outlandish stuff, to demonize their enemy.
Israel exerts much control over its press.
So part of the problem is that propaganda is
presented as news. And without opposition.
I wonder if even The Times Of Israel will
face sanctions for its coverage?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Are you for real? That stuff was all debunked months ago. Not one of those things happened.

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The U.N. envoy focusing on sexual violence in conflict said in a new report Monday that there are “reasonable grounds” to believe Hamas committed rape, “sexualized torture,” and other cruel and inhumane treatment of women during its surprise attack in southern Israel on Oct. 7.​
There are also “reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing,” said Pramila Patten, who visited Israel and the West Bank from Jan. 29 to Feb. 14 with a nine-member technical team.​
Based on first-hand accounts of released hostages, she said the team “found clear and convincing information” that some women and children during their captivity were subjected to the same conflict-related sexual violence including rape and “sexualized torture.”​
The report comes nearly five months after the Oct. 7 attacks, which left about 1,200 people dead and some 250 others taken hostage. Israel’s war against Hamas has since laid waste to the Gaza Strip, killing more than 30,000 people, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry. The U.N. says a quarter of Gaza’s 2.3 million people face starvation.​
Hamas has rejected earlier allegations that its fighters committed sexual assault.​

But you know better. What disgusting garbage.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The U.N. envoy focusing on sexual violence in conflict said in a new report Monday that there are “reasonable grounds” to believe Hamas committed rape, “sexualized torture,” and other cruel and inhumane treatment of women during its surprise attack in southern Israel on Oct. 7.​
There are also “reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing,” said Pramila Patten, who visited Israel and the West Bank from Jan. 29 to Feb. 14 with a nine-member technical team.​
Based on first-hand accounts of released hostages, she said the team “found clear and convincing information” that some women and children during their captivity were subjected to the same conflict-related sexual violence including rape and “sexualized torture.”​
The report comes nearly five months after the Oct. 7 attacks, which left about 1,200 people dead and some 250 others taken hostage. Israel’s war against Hamas has since laid waste to the Gaza Strip, killing more than 30,000 people, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry. The U.N. says a quarter of Gaza’s 2.3 million people face starvation.​
Hamas has rejected earlier allegations that its fighters committed sexual assault.​
When it comes to the rape allegations specifically, there's no evidence of widespread and systemic rape. The Israeli government has alleged that Hamas was using rape as a weapon of war. There really isn't any evidence of that, although random sexual assaults probably did occur.
But you know better. What disgusting garbage.
Where did that bit of vitriol come from? Keep it to youself.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It wasn't universal, not even in the military.

They have put themselves into that position. We didn't get to today without Israel's ceaseless encroachment into Gaza and the West Bank. Israel was even offered a normalized relationship if they acknowledged a Palestinian state that went back to the UN boarders decided in '47 but Israel wouldn't have it.
You do have to remember prior to that it was Palestinian land and a century later Israel has not stopped taking land from them. Anywhere we look that starts fights and leads to wars.
As I expected, you didn't actually deal with what I posted in terms of what would you do if attacked like on 10-7 with members of your family killed and some kidnapped? What about the estimated 150 miles of tunnels built by Hamas, some of which one can drive a box truck through? What about Hama's use of human shields in this conflict?

Secondly, are you aware of the "elephant in the room" that is supplying and encouraging Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc.? So, maybe deal with this as well in terms of what should be done in response.

metis

When it comes to the rape allegations specifically, there's no evidence of widespread and systemic rape. The Israeli government has alleged that Hamas was using rape as a weapon of war. There really isn't any evidence of that, although random sexual assaults probably did occur.

Categorically false as observed when the party was under assault and also with testimony from an elderly woman just released a few months ago who observed numerous men raping a younger woman.

metis

Even still, Hamas launched a one day attack that killed about 1200 people. Israel is still bombing them months later,

What you are leaving out is the simple fact that these attacks are repeated basically every couple of years. Which country would allow this to happen to them and not respond and try and defeat the enemy? Is Hamas defeated, clearly not, so what would you have Israel do?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Categorically false as observed when the party was under assault and also with testimony from an elderly woman just released a few months ago who observed numerous men raping a younger woman.
Link, please? We've heard a lot of "eyewitness testimony" that's turned out to be false, like the babies in ovens nonsense.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What you are leaving out is the simple fact that these attacks are repeated basically every couple of years. Which country would allow this to happen to them and not respond and try and defeat the enemy? Is Hamas defeated, clearly not, so what would you have Israel do?
Not commit genocide.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As I expected, you didn't actually deal with what I posted in terms of what would you do if attacked like on 10-7 with members of your family killed and some kidnapped? What about the estimated 150 miles of tunnels built by Hamas, some of which one can drive a box truck through? What about Hama's use of human shields in this conflict?
Are you arguing that Israel's genocidal
response is appropriate?
Have you considered that Israel is only
setting the stage for further violent
retaliation & resistance?
Is this what your Prince Of Peace would
want your to support?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As I expected, you didn't actually deal with what I posted in terms of what would you do if attacked like on 10-7 with members of your family killed and some kidnapped?
I'm not doing anything to provoke my neighbor to attack. But if I claimed their garage, amd evicted the homeowner's mom who lives in it, yeah it might just start a fight.
iu

Amd remember, right now its the IDF is the one killing innocent people and their families and has been for several months. Over 34,000 amd rising compared to about 1200 in one attack that was considered massive, shocking and unprecedented. But it's been done since then. Israel is still at it and not one step closer to achieving their publicly stated goal.

Last edited:

metis

I'm not doing anything to provoke my neighbor to attack. But if I claimed their garage, amd evicted the homeowner's mom who lives in it, yeah it might just start a fight.
iu

Amd remember, right now its the IDF is the one killing innocent people and their families and has been for several months. Over 34,000 amd rising compared to about 1200 in one attack that was considered massive, shocking and unprecedented. But it's been done since then. Israel is still at it and not one step closer to achieving their publicly stated goal.
You simply did not answer my questions but just walked around it as you did in your previous post.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You clearly have no clue what genocide really is and why it cannot be applied here.

Here, maybe do some actual reading: Genocide - Wikipedia
Israel's genocide of Palestinians meets
the 1948 UN definition. This occurred
fully when Israel stated plans to send
them all to Africa.
Is it possible for you to see anything
Israel has done wrong? Have you any
concern for the Palestinians?