• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schumer changes Senate dress code

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I suppose if they can't act like professionals there isn't much point to dressing like one either.

Will we see any Senators dressed in drag soon?
Rather have a Senator who can do his job in a hoodie than a Senator who can't do his job but looks good in a suit.

As Matt Gaetz whines about Fetterman's Hoodie the government is about to shut down in less than two weeks, largely because of empty suits like Gaetz.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has quietly changed the Senate’s informal dress code to allow senators to wear whatever they want on the floor, a person with direct knowledge said.

Majority Leader Chuck Schumer loosens Senate's informal dress code

This change will allow Senator Fetterman to wear his hoodies on the Senate floor.
If the people elect a clown to office, why would I not want him to dress his part? It seems that him donning a suit and tie would be misleading.
So I don't care what they wear, and I believe dress codes to be silly and inappropriate. Their conduct and what they advocate for are the substantive things to scrutinize.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think we should draw the line on Senators fondling other Senator's genitals no matter the gender of the two parties.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
I think we should draw the line on Senators fondling other Senator's genitals no matter the gender of the two parties.

Wouldn't want another Boebert in the theater fiasco on their hands like the House has...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If the people elect a clown to office, why would I not want him to dress his part? It seems that him donning a suit and tie would be misleading.
So I don't care what they wear, and I believe dress codes to be silly and inappropriate. Their conduct and what they advocate for are the substantive things to scrutinize.
It's almost as though we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but rather by the contents of character.
Afterall, men in suits do way more crime and do way more damage than men in overalls.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
They should be forced to wear the stupid corporate costumes fast food workers are forced to wear

cant-use-this-photo.jpeg
With lots of flair

Altfish

Veteran Member
I suppose if they can't act like professionals there isn't much point to dressing like one either.

Will we see any Senators dressed in drag soon?
Why does how you dress dictate how professional you are?
If they want to dress in drag ... so what?