• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schumer changes Senate dress code

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Funny how school enforcement of what kids can and cannot wear in school is lauded , and the elimination of a dress code is praised in spades for the Senate floor.

Welcome to modern day America.

Shaul

Premium Member
From #3 "Will we see any Senators dressed in drag soon?"
Exactly. I didn't write they would dress in drag. I asked a (rhetorical) question. So since I never wrote that.... why are you asking me "If they want to dress in drag ... so what?"

Twilight Hue

It's really strange the willingness to change entire rules over one man.

An exemption made would suffice if it's for medical reasons.

Still it would highlight those who have no real respect for government traditions and decorum in a professional setting.

Schumer said he would continue to wear a suit. Maybe he is on to something.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
too-silly-monty-python.gif

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Well it matches the stupid pointless people in charge nowadays voted in by stupid pointless voters.
Absolutely, I cannot tell you how much I agree, how very very very much I agree.

That is where the problem starts, with voters who don't take things seriously. Voters who instead of voting for someone who can do the job and is going to actually help, they vote for idiots, they throw metaphorical sticks of dynamite to try to make things worse. That is how we got where we are now.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Absolutely, I cannot tell you how much I agree, how very very very much I agree.

That is where the problem starts, with voters who don't take things seriously. Voters who instead of voting for someone who can do the job and is going to actually help, they vote for idiots, they throw metaphorical sticks of dynamite to try to make things worse. That is how we got where we are now.
Well if such an ideal person enters the race, if even remotely possible for the modern era, let me know. ;0]

Twilight Hue

Well that didn't last long. The Senate passed a resolution which overturns Senator Schumer's dress code change. All Senators will now be required to wear business attire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/27/senate-dress-code-change/
I'm OK with medical exceptions.

Otherwise it is a traditional sign of responsibility and respect for the office one holds. If that is too much effort, then that is a sign a person isn't serious about the traditions and gravity of their purpose for being there.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., has quietly changed the Senate’s informal dress code to allow senators to wear whatever they want on the floor, a person with direct knowledge said.

Majority Leader Chuck Schumer loosens Senate's informal dress code

This change will allow Senator Fetterman to wear his hoodies on the Senate floor.
The unprofessional stroke victim has no business being in the Senate, just like nursing home patient Feinstein. Our government is a sick joke. I'm very embarrassed of these rats.

Shaul

Premium Member
Rather have a Senator who can do his job in a hoodie than a Senator who can't do his job but looks good in a suit.

As Matt Gaetz whines about Fetterman's Hoodie the government is about to shut down in less than two weeks, largely because of empty suits like Gaetz.
Looks like Gaetz the "empty suit" just took down the Speaker of the House and there wasn't any government shutdown either.

Shaul

Premium Member
And this is what you consider a worthy achievement?
Yes, I think having no government shutdown is a fine thing. You were complaining there would be one due to Gaetz but there wasn't. You put him down as an "empty suit" yet he forced out a Speaker, something that has never happened before. That isn't something an "empty suit" could do. You were wrong.