• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science cannot solve the final mystery

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
It seems you're intent on converting me without presenting any concrete evidence that support your sect's views and in spite of clear evidence which refutes it. How am I supposed to do that?

No. My only intent was to fix a factual mistake you did earlier. Which I did.

What you describe there is highly against the forum rules. And you accusing me of it also counts.

Either retract or show where I did anything of the sort. Otherwise you're a liar.

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
Sexual abuse has nothing to do with it.

What about all those who've developed homosexual attraction and/or began suffering from Gender Dysphoria after being sexually abused by someone of their same sex?

Why don't they not matter?

Darkstorn

What about all those who've developed homosexual attraction and/or began suffering from Gender Dysphoria after being sexually abused by someone of their same sex?

Why don't they not matter?

They do matter, just not to you it seems. Otherwise you wouldn't be using it as an insult.

In fact, since you're a JW, you shouldn't even be talking about "gender dysphoria" since that stuff is the stuff of Satan apparently.

I'm thinking Poe.

Maximilian

No. My only intent was to fix a factual mistake you did earlier. Which I did.

What you describe there is highly against the forum rules. And you accusing me of it also counts.

Either retract or show where I did anything of the sort. Otherwise you're a liar.

Didn't you just finish stating, "Homosexual practices don't make for a homosexual."

You've presented this as a statement of fact instead of as an opinion in the course of your attempts to convert me to your sect's particular point of view on Homosexuality.

Darkstorn

Didn't you just finish stating, "Homosexual practices don't make for a homosexual."

You've presented this as a statement of fact instead of as an opinion in the course of your attempts to convert me to your sect's particular point of view on Homosexuality.

It is fact. I've done homosexual practices but i'm not a homosexual. I'm a bisexual, or more appropriately, asexual: I do not care for sex.

But i'm not trying to convert you. Just as a friendly warning, you constantly accusing others of doing things is against the forum rules. Surely you can see, that in order for you to continue your "sacred" mission, you have to do it in a way that won't just get you banned instantly here. You've insulted a lot of people in this thread, directly no less. Now you're making flat out accusations with zero evidence.

You're saying i'm trying to convert you into my "sect." You don't even know what my sect is, yet you've gone on record saying that it's refuted by evidence. That is again, breaking the forum rules. Like your entire post here, once more.

So, at some point my amusement will turn into boredness.

Maximilian

It is fact. I've done homosexual practices but i'm not a homosexual.

And actions are truth.

Accordingly, your peculiar claims have no more credible than an admitted larcenist claiming he's not a thief or an admitted terrorist claiming they're not.

ecco

Veteran Member
This biography here proves otherwise-

This biography here ... proves absolutely nothing.
This biography here ... how do we know it's real?
This biography here ... could have been written be a JW trying to sell the story of Godly conversions.

ecco

Veteran Member
Then it looks like your god isn't really responsible for anything.
Their God is not responsible for anything bad that happens to anyone good.
Their God is completely responsible for everything good that happens to anyone good.

Audie

Veteran Member
This biography here ... proves absolutely nothing.
This biography here ... how do we know it's real?
This biography here ... could have been written be a JW trying to sell the story of Godly conversions.

It sure does not look real. A Mexican peasant kid
goes on to write that? I have seen a lot of papers
written by ESL students, and that is not one of them.

ecco

Veteran Member

Since you are so certain of this, I'm sure you have research materials from independent sources that state that childhood sexual abuse leads to homosexuality.

I'll wait.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
That is misinformation.

Even in well formulated logical-mathematical realms-systems, incompleteness cannot be overcome. What to talk of Self and Universe?

The incompleteness is *due* to the precision of the axioms and the fact that they don't change over time. Once we get to interactive systems, Godel's results simply don't apply. They also don't apply to second order logic (quantifying over properties instead of just objects).

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
We can never know anything in the absolute sense, and I'm absolutely certain of that LOL but yes, there is s lot we do know tentatively.

Let's extend that. There are things we know at a confidence level surpassing 20 standard deviations and to an accuracy of several decimal places. yes, that is 'tentative', but it is rather silly to argue that amount of uncertainty is relevant for day to day life.

Maximilian

You said you're not a homosexual because you weren't sexually abused. Logically it follows that you think all homosexuals were sexually abused. Which is an insult.

I recognize now that this is a very sensitive subject for you and I regret any pain I've caused. That certainly has never been my intent. Hopefully you'll be able to keep this in mind and refrain from misconstruing any future rejoinders as personal attacks.