• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Evidence Supporting Intelligent Design

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Hmmm, how disappointing, I was sure there would be something this time.

Oh well, guess I'll check back next year - Keep plugging away ID researchers!

Ever notice how theists will leap at any tiny bit of science that supports their views, yet do their best to tell us things like "science can't prove god"?

It's not unlike the Bush administration's 2002 policy towards WMD's in Iraq where any report that shows there may be WMD's is gospel and any report showing the truth, that there are no WMD's, was discarded as "wrong".

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
There have been a few half-hearted attempts... but mostly they are mucked up by the fact that they don't seem to understand scientific procedure.

I don't expect the big shots of ID to do any research in the area... As working scientists they know what will happen if they do. It's better to protect the cause than try to evidence it.

wa:do

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
My guess is, you'll get a lot of "God of the Gaps" arguments, and arguments from personal incredulity....and maybe a bunch of links from the Disco Toot. ;-)

Alceste

Vagabond
The other day I bought a jar of peanut butter and there was no new life inside. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what would.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Are you sure? Did you check it under a high powered microscope and genetic testing? ;)

What if new life does show up in peanut butter, but it's so microscopic that no one ever notices?

A

angellous_evangellous

What what evidence for ID be likely to look like?

spam_can_small.jpg

Alceste

Vagabond
Are you sure? Did you check it under a high powered microscope and genetic testing? ;)

What if new life does show up in peanut butter, but it's so microscopic that no one ever notices?

:p

Psh. If it's not visible to the naked eye and /or written in the Bible, it doesn't exist. Microscopism is an atheist conspiracy.

rockondon

if stuff is really complex then that proves stuff like Jonah living in a whale for 3 days and millons of animals can fit on the ark...right?