• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Evidence Supporting Intelligent Design

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I suspect his idea of "common descent" is the 'within kinds' sort of common descent. Though with larger "kinds"...

Either that or he is being totally bogus in his claims of design.

wa:do

The sense I've gotten from Black Box is that he found some biochemical anomalies and complexities that he can only attribute to some intelligence working behind the scene.

So it may be that his common descent is of the designed kind. :D

Possibly not, though. This is one of those books that I can only read in spurts and sections, so I've never gone through it cover to end. :eek:

Carico

They come up with any yet?

There's got to be something by now, right?

Let's see, the sun gives light by day, the moon and stars provide light by night and are used to mark the months, seasons, and years, the flesh and bones of man turn into dust when he dies, each animals reproduce itself, not other animals, humans rule over the animals, animals and humans eat vegetation and meat, we live by the 7 day creation in the 7 day week, for starters. So sorry, but the biblical account of creation is witnessed and verified every day. :) In fact, it takes much effort to try to throw out the evidence for creation and even more effort to create a creation of one's imagination.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Originally Posted by atotalstranger
They come up with any yet?

There's got to be something by now, right?

Let's see, the sun gives light by day, the moon and stars provide light by night and are used to mark the months, seasons, and years, the flesh and bones of man turn into dust when he dies, each animals reproduce itself, not other animals, humans rule over the animals, animals and humans eat vegetation and meat, we live by the 7 day creation in the 7 day week, for starters. So sorry, but the biblical account of creation is witnessed and verified every day. :) In fact, it takes much effort to try to throw out the evidence for creation and even more effort to create a creation of one's imagination.

Okay, so that's a "no" then. Thanks for the update!

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Let's see, the sun gives light by day, the moon and stars provide light by night and are used to mark the months, seasons, and years, the flesh and bones of man turn into dust when he dies

Was this meant to be relevant?

each animals reproduce itself, not other animals,

Not true. Each animal reproduces a version of itself that has differences. Those differences aren't enough to make it a different animal, but after many generations of those differences, an offspring can then be considered a different animal.

humans rule over the animals, animals and humans eat vegetation and meat, we live by the 7 day creation in the 7 day week, for starters. So sorry, but the biblical account of creation is witnessed and verified every day. :)[/quote]

Um...no. that just verifies that we use a 7-day week, which was probably in place when the author of Genesis wrote the book, which is why he attributed that feature to God in the first place.

Carico

Not true. Each animal reproduces a version of itself that has differences. Those differences aren't enough to make it a different animal, .
Correct. Variations in traits only exist within each species. So you can console yourself that your future descendants won't be a different species other than human. :D

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Correct. Variations in traits only exist within each species. So you can console yourself that your future descendants won't be a different species other than human. :D

Your forgot the rest of the quote, which explained how evolution actually works. You forgot that after many generations, those little changes add up up to major changes, meaning after many generations the descendents of of an animal could very easily be considered a different species.

Carico

Your forgot the rest of the quote, which explained how evolution actually works. You forgot that after many generations, those little changes add up up to major changes, meaning after many generations the descendents of of an animal could very easily be considered a different species.

No, the rest of the quote was as imaginary as looking at an elephant and fantasizing that it used to be a tiger thousands of generations ago. :D So I omitted the fantasy and focused on the facts. But unfortunately, most evolutionists don't know the difference between fact and fantasy, so they continue to live in their imaginations. ;)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
This thread is only for discussing scientific evidence which supports "intelligent design." Seeing as you do not have any, please spout your ignorance in another thread. Thank you.

Carico

This thread is only for discussing scientific evidence which supports "intelligent design." Seeing as you do not have any, please spout your ignorance in another thread. Thank you.

I already posted the evidence on the previous page. But since the goal of atheists is to deny what happens in the real world in place of stories of their imaginations that don't happen in reality, then I can see why you ignored it. ;)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I already posted the evidence on the previous page. But since the goal of atheists is to deny what happens in the real world in place of stories of their imaginations that don't happen in reality, then I can see why you ignored it. ;)

You are either trolling or retarded. Which is it?

Carico

You are either trolling or retarded. Which is it?

Sorry, but that doesn't change God or refute evidence of His existence in the real world. ;)It simply is the way that children debate when they cannot defend their position. But I forgive you because i know you're ignorant about the way the real world works. :)

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Sorry, but that doesn't change God or refute evidence of His existence in the real world. ;)It simply is the way that children debate when they cannot defend their position. But I forgive you because i know you're ignorant about the way the real world works. :)

Ah, so possibly both.

camanintx

What you call evidence for creation I would call the ignorance of people who lived 2,000 years ago. Since they didn't know anything about fossils or paleontology, it's easy to understand, just as Native American's used to believe that they lived on the back of a giant turtle. But to claim that their ignorance is actually truth is a real test of one's imagination.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Your "evidence" is feeble, and is in fact not evidence at all, but your own yearning for justification of ignorance.
One could use the same "evidence" to claim the world was created by any god, goddess, or multitude of spiritual beings.
BTW, you seem stuck on "atheists" espousing ToE. You do realize the ToE is accepted by many Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, and other theists, Deists, pantheists, pagans..............:yes:

Last edited:

nonbeliever_92

Let's see, the sun gives light by day, the moon and stars provide light by night and are used to mark the months, seasons, and years, the flesh and bones of man turn into dust when he dies, each animals reproduce itself, not other animals, humans rule over the animals, animals and humans eat vegetation and meat, we live by the 7 day creation in the 7 day week, for starters. So sorry, but the biblical account of creation is witnessed and verified every day. In fact, it takes much effort to try to throw out the evidence for creation and even more effort to create a creation of one's imagination.

No, the rest of the quote was as imaginary as looking at an elephant and fantasizing that it used to be a tiger thousands of generations ago. :D So I omitted the fantasy and focused on the facts. But unfortunately, most evolutionists don't know the difference between fact and fantasy, so they continue to live in their imaginations. ;)

If I believed it would workor help, I would pray for you. :sad::candle:

nonbeliever_92

Let's see, the sun gives light by day, the moon and stars provide light by night and are used to mark the months, seasons, and years, the flesh and bones of man turn into dust when he dies, each animals reproduce itself, not other animals, humans rule over the animals, animals and humans eat vegetation and meat, we live by the 7 day creation in the 7 day week, for starters. So sorry, but the biblical account of creation is witnessed and verified every day. :)

None of this provides evidence that support intelligent design nor does any of this provide enough of an argument against evolution. The sun giving light by day is evidence that the sun gives off light, same goes for the stars. The moon however isn't a source of light. And why is the system for which we mark time evidence of god? that's none but pointing at a calender and saying "God must exist! Look! It's Wednesday!" besides, your bible doesn't account for leap years.

In fact, it takes much effort to try to throw out the evidence for creation and even more effort to create a creation of one's imagination.

no, but i assume that it takes no effort to look at and old book and think that it must be true without investigation. :p

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

So your assertion is that no new species ever arise, and every species present on earth now has always been here in its present form? Is that right?

Do you also espouse literal creationism as in Genesis, 6000 year old planet, global flood, etc?