• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Falsification of the Theory of Evolution (ToE) and

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
some things are left open to the listener to consider. If I thought life evolved by natural selection from whatever it is conjectured to have come from I'd say so. Because I'm speaking to you, I can only hope you'd understand. Beyond that I'll just say that I hope you have a nice day.
If you leave it open (don't answer), there is nothing for the reader to consider. That is sort of a backhanded way of saying you aren't going to answer questions.

I know that you reject evidence and explanation of evolution based on your beliefs. That is not news. No one asked you that question.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I don't know what gorillas will evolve in to, most likely they will go extinct because of poaching and habitat destruction. Nobody can know what path evolution will take in the future but when fossils are discovered we can look back and observe what has happened.

Like I said feel free to believe whatever you want but hopefully you can at least stop repeating the same thing over and over.
I can't predict the future but all the evidence shows that evolution is a continuing process. I have no reason to doubt that if they survive they will undergo evolutionary change.

No worries, I too appreciate a chuckle.

Apparently it hasn't evolved enough to stop repeating the same thing over and over.
Actually, regardless of what conjectures scientists propose there is no evidence of evolution. They and those believing in evolution may say over and over there is evidence, but frankly....
There may be evidence of animals that have gone extinct. But no evidence of them evolving from anything or having been in a middle stage more or less leading to a different form. Naturally since these types went extinct there is no evolution for these types.

YoursTrue

If you leave it open (don't answer), there is nothing for the reader to consider. That is sort of a backhanded way of saying you aren't going to answer questions.

I know that you reject evidence and explanation of evolution based on your beliefs. That is not news. No one asked you that question.
It doesn't matter to me how you take the statement. I will repeat, or rephrase, if I thought human life came about by "natural selection," I would say so. I no longer do after having reviewed any "evidence" scientists and believers like you put forth. It...just isn't...there. (have a good day...)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Actually, regardless of what conjectures scientists propose there is no evidence of evolution. They and those believing in evolution may say over and over there is evidence, but frankly....
There may be evidence of animals that have gone extinct. But no evidence of them evolving from anything or having been in a middle stage more or less leading to a different form. Naturally since these types went extinct there is no evolution for these types.

So species go extinct and new species just magically appear? What's your evidence for this?

YoursTrue

You've had that answered at least a dozen times in just this thread. What's your point? Do you expect a new species every generation?
Hmm how many generations does it take to get a chimpanzee?

YoursTrue

So species go extinct and new species just magically appear? What's your evidence for this?
Some species go extinct, don't they? So...anything to supposedly evolve from that species is...nil. gone. Not there. Nowhere...They just aren't. Chimps and gorillas have been around for how long?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Some species go extinct, don't they? So...anything to supposedly evolve from that species is...nil. gone. Not there. Nowhere...They just aren't. Chimps and gorillas have been around for how long?

You haven't answered my question.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It doesn't matter to me how you take the statement.
My interpretation is based on the evidence of your words.

I will repeat, or rephrase, if I thought human life came about by "natural selection," I would say so. I no longer do after having reviewed any "evidence" scientists and believers like you put forth. It...just isn't...there. (have a good day...)
From what I have seen, and even here, I do not see this review you claim or an understanding of the science. Calling me a "believer" indicates a certain position and understanding of the science. I am a believer in God. I accept the theory of evolution based on how it explains the evidence. And the theory does that.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
This is why it is difficult to take your claims about understanding seriously. There is volumes of evidence and you have been presented with significant examples regularly on this forum since arriving here. In light of that, claiming that the theory has no support of evidence appears as simple denial.

Those that accept the theory of evolution do not believe in it like it is a deity or religious view.

YoursTrue

I can't see how, and nor am I a believer in "original sin".
The more I read and examine the Bible, frankly, the more sense it makes as to how God relates to the human condition. But you bring up an interesting question because the animals (by animal I don't include humans so please let's not get into that right now) did not sin, according to the scriptures. They die anyway. That is foreordained, programmed into their bodies.

YoursTrue

This is why it is difficult to take your claims about understanding seriously. There is volumes of evidence and you have been presented with significant examples regularly on this forum since arriving here. In light of that, claiming that the theory has no support of evidence appears as simple denial.

Those that accept the theory of evolution do not believe in it like it is a deity or religious view.
No there are fossils considered as evidence but they're not proof.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
No there are fossils considered as evidence but they're not proof.
Correct. Just as there is no proof for any scientific theory. Fossils, along with the evidence of genes, genomes, structural and biochemical homology, cytogenetics, ecology, physiology, geology, proteomics, morphology, paleontology and many other fields provide evidence that supports the theory of evolution. A theory that has held up for over 150 years against constant scientific testing and a barrage of misinformed attack.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The more I read and examine the Bible, frankly, the more sense it makes as to how God relates to the human condition. But you bring up an interesting question because the animals (by animal I don't include humans so please let's not get into that right now) did not sin, according to the scriptures. They die anyway. That is foreordained, programmed into their bodies.
What scripture have you got to support this idea?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I have, you just don't understand or recognize the answer. Anyway, it's like quantum mechanics. Not everybody understands the concept.
Can you show me where you answered his questions. I would like to review those answers for my own education.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
If evolution of descendant species occurred prior to the extinction of the ancestor species, those new species would not go extinct with the ancestral species by default.

I believe his question was about how new species appear in general if it is not from pre-existing species and not about how new species would appear from already extinct species.