• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Proof of a Soul

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Hence why vampires drink other peoples souls through their blood.
Vampires, except for vampire bats, aren't real.
The bio-photons (photons are the scientific term for light particles) of our DNA and the plasma in our blood.
DNA is not made of "bio-photons."
So our soul consists of the light in our DNA and the plasma in our body.
So what of people like me who donated (or currently still do) plasma? And what of those who receive this plasma as a part of medical treatment? And for reproduction, does your child get half of your soul? Do the souls of the two parents blend like DNA does?
Did you know there are like 50 quotes in the bible about not ingesting the blood of an animal "because that is the life of the animal".
Did you know that's actually a fairly common and widespread belief?
Increasingly science agrees with the poetry of direct human experience: we are more than the atoms and molecules that make up our bodies, but beings of light as well. Biophotons are emitted by the human body, can be released through mental intention, and may modulate fundamental processes within cell-to-cell communication and DNA.
That isn't a citation.

lostwanderingsoul

The real question is "proof of a spirit". The word translated in the Bible as soul is also translated as body or beast or creature. So a man IS a soul. But man HAS a spirit. Can science prove the existance of this spirit?

Guys I appreciate the need for faith, but if you can not provide scientific evidence for Christianity it might not survive the scientific future of humanity. Atheists use science to try and prove our religion is wrong, lets use their own weapon against them to try and prove our religion is correct!

The 'scientific future of humanity'? I don't see any reason to worry about something that isn't going to happen.
You can have scientific, or you can have a future, but you can't have both.
At least, not for very long.

Lorgar-Aurelian

DNA consists of bio-photons photons are light, therefore our DNA is made up of light and weighs 0.1 grams, the other part of our soul is the plasma running in our blood and in other parts of our body. Hence why vampires drink other peoples souls through their blood. The pineal gland in your brain pumps dopamine or a type of plasma around your brain to keep it functioning. Your brains DNA changes kept alive by dopamine going to your brain, helps stimulate soul growth. Every single thought you think affects the DNA or bio photon changes of your brain, hence why some religions recommend purannas or meditation to help stimulate soul growth. Of course negative thoughts can affect the DNA of your brain in a negative way.

Guys I appreciate the need for faith, but if you can not provide scientific evidence for Christianity it might not survive the scientific future of humanity. Atheists use science to try and prove our religion is wrong, lets use their own weapon against them to try and prove our religion is correct!
Souls are made of energy right? I just explained exactly what energy. The bio-photons (photons are the scientific term for light particles) of our DNA and the plasma in our blood. So our soul consists of the light in our DNA and the plasma in our body. Did you know there are like 50 quotes in the bible about not ingesting the blood of an animal "because that is the life of the animal".

Okay so first off science Is not a weapon. If you view science as a weapon that honestly speaks more ill than good of you.

Thoughts do not effect your DNA.

Lets think about the concept of a soul real quick like. I've read through rather large portions of scripture, the Bible, the Quran, the Hadith, Various Buddha sutra's , Hindu Epics and Confucian classics just to name a few. You know something funny I noticed? The soul is almost never described in detail.

We pretty much never get anything about how a soul is formed, what it is made of or how it directly interacts with the physical being. In fact in most scripture the soul is just taken as a given. It is assumed the soul exists and it serves certain functions or that we are truly beings of our souls or numerous other little tidbits.

So right off the bat you have no idea what to prove unless you just more or less decide what a soul is. So that is a bit weird that you would even try to prove any religion or religious thought true with the idea of the soul.

Actually , I might go so far as to say the only way to prove any religion true (especially one like Islam) would be to prove without a single doubt that a creator exists. Then you would have to analyze every single doctrine of your faith and others and see if it fits this creator you have discovered. So lets be frank in saying that proving any religion true is pretty much entirely impossible isn't it?

You have to have some level of faith in any religion / spiritual tradition to believe it. You can sit here and talk endlessly about "Science proves there is a soul!" or "Scientific proof God exists!" and you will get no where. Maybe some folks will believe you but the vast majority will not. Then of course God can't prove himself to be real to us because doesn't he want us to have faith? If he wasn't worried about faith why wouldn't he make it 100% obvious to every human being that he is real? Why would he ever leave any room for doubt on anything ever?

In conclusion. Trying to use science to prove religion is true is almost always making a lot of assumptions. You know what they say about making assumptions don't ya? It makes an *** out of you and me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The real question is "proof of a spirit". The word translated in the Bible as soul is also translated as body or beast or creature. So a man IS a soul. But man HAS a spirit. Can science prove the existance of this spirit?
It can easily prove that its just a person saying there is a spirit whom him/herself has no solid way to substantiate anything to others, so this person out of suspected desperation lays the burden of proof on the one he/she is addressing with his/her own claim.

Testable, repeatable. Ready for peer review.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Increasingly science agrees with the poetry of direct human experience: we are more than the atoms and molecules that make up our bodies, but beings of light as well. Biophotons are emitted by the human body, can be released through mental intention, and may modulate fundamental processes within cell-to-cell communication and DNA.

Still no citation then?

Emitted, yes, made of, as you claim, no

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
DNA consists of bio-photons photons are light, therefore our DNA is made up of light and weighs 0.1 grams, the other part of our soul is the plasma running in our blood and in other parts of our body. Hence why vampires drink other peoples souls through their blood. The pineal gland in your brain pumps dopamine or a type of plasma around your brain to keep it functioning. Your brains DNA changes kept alive by dopamine going to your brain, helps stimulate soul growth. Every single thought you think affects the DNA or bio photon changes of your brain, hence why some religions recommend purannas or meditation to help stimulate soul growth. Of course negative thoughts can affect the DNA of your brain in a negative way.

I am sorry, but science fiction does not prove there is a soul.

Rational Agnostic

Wow....all I can say is that I sincerely hope you are joking.

Milton Platt

The soul is DNA?

All atheists don't use science as proof that christianity doesn't exist. That, and christianity doesn't speak for all religions.

The science of religion is a combination of things and studies. It's not something you can test under a microscope. Instead, it's study of culture, psychology, sociology, archeology, theology, anthropology, and the list goes on.

Soul is our personality that defines a person. Spirit is our energy that moves us into existence. Without the soul, we would be brain dead. Without energy, would would not exist.

God is the soul that defines the person and the energy that moves the person to life. Everything else like whether he is a he, his attributes, whether he is a being, and all that has to do with culture and man's need to reflect the unknown on something he can define either as a desire (wants to be all powerful) or as a need to find meaning (find origin/beginning).

It's not hard to prove "god" does not exist. But that only means god isn't a being. God exist, just ya'll not giving yourselves credit that god isn't external. God is you.

it is actually impossible to prove that a god does not exist, in the absolute sense, that is. Which is no indication that one possibly or even likely may indeed exist.

Religion is not a science by any stretch. And the other things you listed are all scientific disciplines in and of themselves that have nothing to do with religion.

ChristineM

Premium Member
it is actually impossible to prove that a god does not exist, in the absolute sense, that is. Which is no indication that one possibly or even likely may indeed exist.

Religion is not a science by any stretch. And the other things you listed are all scientific disciplines in and of themselves that have nothing to do with religion.

E=MC2 absolutely proves that the god of revelation 19:6 kjv cannot exist in this universe

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

What I find odd is just because someone makes a claim that god exists and it becomes popular doesn't mean we have to entertain the fact he may or may not. Unless one is raised into a faith and left it, so that is all he or she knows, I don't see how a claim of something's existence means we have to not rule out the object it does not exist. We don't do that with fictional characters, yet we do with god. Why is that?

The latter, yes, they have to do specifically with religion. Religion is based on the beliefs, cultures, language, and location in which individuals and more commonly communities come together to find purpose and meaning in life and how to live it.

Psychology addresses the need to find a purpose. When one needs to find purpose or experiences things that cannot be explained, the mind, based on prior knowledge and experiences may attribute these experiences to god or to anything, really. I wouldn't rule out how psychology plays a huge part in one's belief.

The study of archeology or human history by physical artifacts in a given geographical environment helps shape religion. What did people practice? How did they practice? How does their history and culture contribute to their belief systems?

Sociology is also a given. The study of society and community of people. This shapes how religion forms and how people relate to others and their environment. Psychology views self and sociology focuses on others. This is how doctrines, dogma, and traditions are formed in addition to the above.

Theology and philosophy are given. Anthropology can be added with archeology.

Traditions depend on the above and traditions make up a religion.

Dogma or teachings are passed on orally and/or written to keep the traditions and practices in society. The study of such are above.

Rituals form within a given society. Rites of passage is one of many rituals that let society have a sense of routine and connection.

Spirit/energy or metaphysics are just different experiences and ways to describe the unknown. Depending on the religion and their make up above, depends on how they define their experiences and relationship with self and their community.

Beliefs are opinions or worldviews we take up fact or not. They are usually based on all I mentioned above.

It is all common sense and has nothing specifically to do with one religion god or not. It's just practices that have traditions, rituals, and beliefs that shape people's lives, give them purpose, connection, and sense of community and/or connection with self.

Religion comes from us.

These studies define religion.

I would agree that science provides an exceptionally solid model for the scrutiny of truth claims, which existing religious ideas have yet to counter. But what is rarely discussed is that there is much within the scriptural record to suggest that the teaching Christ revealed two thousand years ago did indeed meet those same evidence based Enlightenment criteria; challenging us to test our faith against the 'Promise' of a profound justification for that trust. And it may have happened again? For those prepared to think way outside the box, this idea is fully developed at The Final Freedoms

Milton Platt

Vampires, except for vampire bats, aren't real.

DNA is not made of "bio-photons."

So what of people like me who donated (or currently still do) plasma? And what of those who receive this plasma as a part of medical treatment? And for reproduction, does your child get half of your soul? Do the souls of the two parents blend like DNA does?

Did you know that's actually a fairly common and widespread belief?

That isn't a citation.
What I find odd is just because someone makes a claim that god exists and it becomes popular doesn't mean we have to entertain the fact he may or may not. Unless one is raised into a faith and left it, so that is all he or she knows, I don't see how a claim of something's existence means we have to not rule out the object it does not exist. We don't do that with fictional characters, yet we do with god. Why is that?

The latter, yes, they have to do specifically with religion. Religion is based on the beliefs, cultures, language, and location in which individuals and more commonly communities come together to find purpose and meaning in life and how to live it.

Psychology addresses the need to find a purpose. When one needs to find purpose or experiences things that cannot be explained, the mind, based on prior knowledge and experiences may attribute these experiences to god or to anything, really. I wouldn't rule out how psychology plays a huge part in one's belief.

The study of archeology or human history by physical artifacts in a given geographical environment helps shape religion. What did people practice? How did they practice? How does their history and culture contribute to their belief systems?

Sociology is also a given. The study of society and community of people. This shapes how religion forms and how people relate to others and their environment. Psychology views self and sociology focuses on others. This is how doctrines, dogma, and traditions are formed in addition to the above.

Theology and philosophy are given. Anthropology can be added with archeology.

Traditions depend on the above and traditions make up a religion.

Dogma or teachings are passed on orally and/or written to keep the traditions and practices in society. The study of such are above.

Rituals form within a given society. Rites of passage is one of many rituals that let society have a sense of routine and connection.

Spirit/energy or metaphysics are just different experiences and ways to describe the unknown. Depending on the religion and their make up above, depends on how they define their experiences and relationship with self and their community.

Beliefs are opinions or worldviews we take up fact or not. They are usually based on all I mentioned above.

It is all common sense and has nothing specifically to do with one religion god or not. It's just practices that have traditions, rituals, and beliefs that shape people's lives, give them purpose, connection, and sense of community and/or connection with self.

Religion comes from us.

These studies define religion.
E=MC2 absolutely proves that the god of revelation 19:6 kjv cannot exist in this universe

I said A god, not a specific god. But I am not arguing for the actual existence of a god, just pointing out the problem of claiming absolute knowledge. Is it reasonable to think such a things exists? I don't think so.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I said A god, not a specific god. But I am not arguing for the actual existence of a god, just pointing out the problem of claiming absolute knowledge. Is it reasonable to think such a things exists? I don't think so.

My view is, if what is claimed as the "one" god can be disproved then the rest of the claims are irrelevant.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

It doesn't if isolated from all the things I mentioned regardless of whose god it is. God is defined by the sciences studies in my post. God does exist. Just a lot of non-god believers are searching for evidence for the wrong god.

So, by your definition of a soul, most animals have souls. Do all good dogs go to heaven?

Sapiens

Polymathematician

DNA is made up of Bio-photons: and I thought Professor Irwin Corey died this past February.

Milton Platt

You failed to give a source for this quote. For those interested, it's from an article on greenmedinfo.com (Biophotons: The Human Body Emits, Communicates with, and is Made from Light), a website that, amongst its many claims, is anti-vaccine, believes cancer can be cured with turmeric and pomegranate, that openly distorts published scientific papers, and pushes the agenda that mainstream medicine (i.e, "medicine") is a conspiracy by big pharma.

Well, what a surprise! LOL