• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I hate saying this, but despite how much we might wish to understand the motives for rape, we should be cautious in asserting -- especially without qualification -- that we indeed do know them. So far as I know -- and I'm nearly certain of this -- there is currently no broad consensus among actual scientists who study rape as to what the real motivations are for rape, although there might be somewhat greater consensus among non-scientists who take their lead from one or another ideology, rather than from actual science. So, at this point, confidently asserting that rapists are motivated by this or that thing is almost certainly guesswork. It might or might not be a good guess. But, regardless of whether or not it is a good guess, it has yet to be well enough supported by such a weight of science as to have gained a broad consensus among scientists that it reliably the case. At least that's my understanding of the current state of affairs. I could, of course, be wrong.

ignition

मैत्रावरुणिः;3425104 said:
Namaste,

OHHH!H!!DFdjfjlksdflkjdkjdskljds!!!!!!!!!!

SHHHhhhhhhhHHH!!!!!!

Before I say anything on the matter, please be aware that my following response may be subjected to heated debate and rapid lambasting....

The Serbs handpicked Muslim Bosniaks and Catholic Hrvatskis...taking the prettiest ones to "brothels" were they were systematically raped. The prettier ones were sold to the generals at very high prices.

Here is the catch though: the Serbs raped mostly the best looking ones to say to the Muslim Bosniaks the following:

"Hey look! We are raping your most beautiful women and there is nothing you can do about it! They will bear us Christian (Orthodox) babies!"
- - - - - -
A similar approach happened in Bangladesh by Muslim Pakistanis against Hindu Bengalis and even, ironically, Muslim Bengalis. The point was to rape the prettiest, destroy the pride of the raped ones, and shame the men who were the fathers, brothers, and husbands of the raped ones.

The same thing also happened with the Uzbeks in Kyrgyzstan!

It has power/dominance, looks, entitlement, etc. etc. etc. all in one. It's a big fusion on why raping sprees occur. The better looking ones are usually raped to dishonor the men and their pride (the conquered men, obv.)...

M.V.
Yeah. There's quite a good film out about this called "the whistleblower".

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Why are you assuming the Russians and the Japanese didn't also rape men? Did you see all the rape, sexual assault and sexual humiliation that was revealed in the photos from Abu Ghraib?

Bosnia: Struggle to Overcome Male Rape Taboo - Institute for War and Peace Reporting - P214

There's a report from Bosnia.

Source: It

Rape as a Weapon of War: Men Suffer, Too | TIME.com

You seem to be saying Russia and Japan are the exceptions to the general rule. Why do you think so?

Namaste,

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Lord Shri Shiva, please help me! I am surrounded by people that can't read!

Listen, I know for a fact that men get raped too. This practice has been going on since the Ancient Greeks and Romans - even the Mongols engaged in it!

But, this thread is about women getting raped. Male on male is a different topic, which would be better suited for a separate thread.

M.V.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Yeah. There's quite a good film out about this called "the whistleblower".

Namaste,

I already bought it. Have seen it more than two times. Rachel does a great job. The involvement of American "peacekeepers" made me hurl.

I bet the posters on this thread don't even know that their own American "peacekeepers" were actively taking part in the rapes...

:(

M.V.

Last edited:

ignition

मैत्रावरुणिः;3425117 said:
Namaste,

I already bought it. Have seen it more than two times. Rachel does a great job. The involvement of American "peacekeepers" made me hurl.

I bet the posters on this thread don't even know that their own American "peacekeepers" were actively taking part in the rapes...

:(

M.V.
Exactly. It was disgusting the way they were circulating the girls like they were sex toys. It's shocking how the peacekeepers could not just keep quiet, but actively engage in it. Rachel would have been prosecuted under the espionage act if Obama was president haha he doesn't like whistle blowers.

Can you believe Barbara Star's first criticism of the Abu Ghraib scandal was directed at those who leaked the images? The US doesn't care about what it does in war, as long as people don't know about it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Who says many women will go topless, even in jurisdictions where it's now legal, outside of venues like parades and protests?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Why are you assuming the Russians and the Japanese didn't also rape men? Did you see all the rape, sexual assault and sexual humiliation that was revealed in the photos from Abu Ghraib?

You seem to be saying Russia and Japan are the exceptions to the general rule. Why do you think so?

Namaste,

I see something very wrong in your first sentence. How in the world are the rapes by the Japanese and the Russians in the same conjecture as that of Abu Ghraib? How can you even correlate the two? Also, I am not assuming anything. If you have proof that the Japanese and the Russians engaged in raping males (which I am not denying!)...please, post it here.

To your second sentence: No, I am not saying that.

Haha. Geez, this is really odd...please, I sincerely think that this thread has gotten out of hand; this was about women getting raped. The involvement of male on male rape was highly unnecessary and incredibly off topic. Please make a thread on that subject, and I will be more than happy to take part in that matter and support you regarding its horrible nature, for it is an inescapable reality.

M.V.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3425104 said:
Namaste,

OHHH!H!!DFdjfjlksdflkjdkjdskljds!!!!!!!!!!

SHHHhhhhhhhHHH!!!!!!

Before I say anything on the matter, please be aware that my following response may be subjected to heated debate and rapid lambasting....

The Serbs handpicked Muslim Bosniaks and Catholic Hrvatskis...taking the prettiest ones to "brothels" were they were systematically raped. The prettier ones were sold to the generals at very high prices.

Here is the catch though: the Serbs raped mostly the best looking ones to say to the Muslim Bosniaks the following:

"Hey look! We are raping your most beautiful women and there is nothing you can do about it! They will bear us Christian (Orthodox) babies!"
- - - - - -
A similar approach happened in Bangladesh by Muslim Pakistanis against Hindu Bengalis and even, ironically, Muslim Bengalis. The point was to rape the prettiest, destroy the pride of the raped ones, and shame the men who were the fathers, brothers, and husbands of the raped ones.

The same thing also happened with the Uzbeks in Kyrgyzstan!

It has power/dominance, looks, entitlement, etc. etc. etc. all in one. It's a big fusion on why raping sprees occur. The better looking ones are usually raped to dishonor the men and their pride (the conquered men, obv.)...

M.V.

Wouldn't raping the MEN THEMSELVES be more shaming and humiliating than raping their prettiest women?

I think it would, and that's why the rape of men by other men is a global phenomenon in conflict zones.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3425131 said:
The involvement of male on male rape was highly unnecessary and incredibly off topic.

As far as I understand it, the involvement of male on male rape was raised as a legitimate point in this thread in order to support the contention that rape is motivated by a desire for power and dominance, rather than for sex. So I don't see how the issue is off topic.

ignition

Wouldn't raping the MEN THEMSELVES be more shaming and humiliating than raping their prettiest women?
Not really...a lot of men would rather be raped than have their daughters, theor wives or sisters or mothers taken away and repeatedly raped. The shame of having a female relative being raped is in my eyes far more humiliating and shameful and damages all honour that men have.

A

angellous_evangellous

I think it would, and that's why the rape of men by other men is a global phenomenon in conflict zones.

I agree.

But it depends on where you are. In some cases, it's just about shame, it's about repopulation. All the men are killed and the women are raped so they have the invaders' children -- and the theory is there will be no more resistance from that area. The Romans used this (rarely, I think) and it's happened in modern Africa.

It's very unfortunate, and I don't say this in response to you -- IT'S AN ARGUMENT AGAINST WAR -- lest someone display gross prejudice against someone else.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Exactly. It was disgusting the way they were circulating the girls like they were sex toys. It's shocking how the peacekeepers could not just keep quiet, but actively engage in it. Rachel would have been prosecuted under the espionage act if Obama was president haha he doesn't like whistle blowers.

Can you believe Barbara Star's first criticism of the Abu Ghraib scandal was directed at those who leaked the images? The US doesn't care about what it does in war, as long as people don't know about it.

Namaste,

Good point! But, don't forget, war is war.

I think many put American soldiers at a very high pedestal. They aren't exempted from barbaric behavior just because they are soldiers of the mighty eagle boasting the red, white, and blue anthem haha.

There are hundreds of pictures on the internet of American soldiers raping Muslim women. The women were wearing burqas and hijabs, yet they were still raped. The catch is that in most of the pictures, it seems that more than three American male soldiers were involved. Making most of these rapes in fact: gang-rapes.

Now, here is the ironic part: many American male soldiers also have been reported (and caught red handed) for raping their fellow American female soldiers. How can we trust soldiers that rape their own??

Now, here is the ironic part #2 (which is a contrast): in the Israeli (IDF) army, raping of female soldiers is not as intense as it is in the American army. In many cases, it is almost unheard of. I wonder why, eh?

- - - - - - - - - -
M.V.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3425114 said:
Namaste,

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Lord Shri Shiva, please help me! I am surrounded by people that can't read!

Listen, I know for a fact that men get raped too. This practice has been going on since the Ancient Greeks and Romans - even the Mongols engaged in it!

But, this thread is about women getting raped. Male on male is a different topic, which would be better suited for a separate thread.

M.V.

No it isn't. This thread is about "whether more rapes will happen" if women are allowed to show their boobs.

Do you think more male on male rape will happen because women show their boobs? Do you think showing their nipples is the reason men get raped by other men? Do you think more men will be raped if men go around topless?

If not, what do you think the reason is for heterosexual men raping other men, for example in prisons and conflict zones?

If you think it has nothing to do with nipple exposure, why are your explanations for the rape of men and the rape of women so different?

I'm asking you to use a little deductive reasoning here. I'm not changing the subject, I'm trying to show you that your hypothesis about why people rape cannot be correct.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |

Namaste,

You are being too naive. The raping of females is the most efficient way to dishonor and destroy the pride of the male enemy.

"I think it would"....well, I hope it would...but, sadly, that is not the case...

Either way, women get raped more by men than men get raped by other men.

I live in the same world that you do. I have heard the same rape stories that you have heard. In fact, I have grown up around hearing them throughout my life: please look up the 1947 Partition in India. Males were not raped. But, women into the hundreds of thousands were systematically raped.

M.V.

A

angellous_evangellous

As far as I understand it, the involvement of male on male rape was raised as a legitimate point in this thread in order to support the contention that rape is motivated by a desire for power and dominance, rather than for sex. So I don't see how the issue is off topic.

I've been reading about the Kuwait occupation. The Iraqi army was completely out of control -- and there are records of soldiers raping everyone - men, women, children, old people.

In that case, it was attributed to a number of things, especially the frustration of the soldiers over pay and the demonization / worthlessness of Kuwaitis in the eyes of the soldiers. I think also the fact that they didn't meet any resistance was also frustrating -- they were geared up for a fight and the royal family told the army to stand down (which I think was a great idea). So the soldiers just rolled in and took everything in sight - including people.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3425131 said:
Namaste,

I see something very wrong in your first sentence. How in the world are the rapes by the Japanese and the Russians in the same conjecture as that of Abu Ghraib? How can you even correlate the two? Also, I am not assuming anything. If you have proof that the Japanese and the Russians engaged in raping males (which I am not denying!)...please, post it here.

To your second sentence: No, I am not saying that.

Haha. Geez, this is really odd...please, I sincerely think that this thread has gotten out of hand; this was about women getting raped. The involvement of male on male rape was highly unnecessary and incredibly off topic. Please make a thread on that subject, and I will be more than happy to take part in that matter and support you regarding its horrible nature, for it is an inescapable reality.

M.V.

This is a thread about rape. Period. Please stop insisting we limit the discussion to "women getting raped". It's an arbitrary and frankly obnoxious demand. I'm no more comfortable reading about women getting raped than you are reading about men getting raped. The difference is that I am equally uncomfortable talking about men getting raped, whereas you seem determined to talk only about women getting raped and totally avoid the subject of male on male rape. Why is that?

I'm only saying that regardless of the gender of the victim, the primary motive is the same.