• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Titanic

@titanic, I asked you a question, do you think rapists rape because they just really want sex?

I believe some have raped just cause they desperately wanted sex. I also believe the majority have probably raped for other reasons. Like for dominance, power, control, the thrill feeling they get.

Titanic

By the way, I can't believe you've bounced back to the false dichotomy of raping someone vs. paying for sex already, after all we've been through. HAVE A WANK for the love of God. :p

I am trying to do better. Although its nothing personal for me anymore. peace Alceste.

Titanic

I guess that's why you believe somehow paying for sex decreases rape.

I am not trying to offend you or anyone else for that matter. I believe what I believe based on all the crime stuff I used to read about and watch. Like I said though I believe the majority rape for other reasons.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

Guys, guys, guys! Give this thread a break and please join in interesting discourse in the thread: "Who Built the Moon?"...por favor!

M.V.

Wherenextcolumbus

I am not trying to offend you or anyone else for that matter. I believe what I believe based on all the crime stuff I used to read about and watch. Like I said though I believe the majority rape for other reasons.

I know you aren't trying to offend anyone. I just don't think someone is willing to abuse another person purely because they are in the mood.
I think someone can sexual assault a person while being in the mood, but because they feel entitled to that person. Or they feel because sex is pleasurable they are doing the person a favour by 'seducing' them out of their frigid ways. But it is usually because they have an f-ed up mentality and not purely because they are in the mood.

Titanic

मैत्रावरुणिः;3426069 said:
Namaste,

Definitely, brah. I posted a few replies about the horrors of war rape, and I get scrutinized Nazi-ly for reasons I never made in the first place...

Furthermore, they had the audacity to teach me about my own history as if they knew it better than someone who grew up in the region and had first hand experience with the norms and cultures...I lament my involvement in this thread!

M.V.

ps - You must be chilling just reading through all the posts, waking up to find that it went from three pages to more than 20, eh?

Yeah man I am. I figured it would have been up to 5 or 6 pages tops. I guess I was wrong though. Try not to let some of the things people say to you on here personally offend you. I have been personally attacked so much on here now it just rolls right off of me. It helps to know its just a online forum. There is always the report button though... Cheers!

Titanic

I know you aren't trying to offend anyone. I just don't think someone is willing to abuse another person purely because they are in the mood.
I think someone can sexual assault a person while being in the mood, but because they feel entitled to that person. Or they feel because sex is pleasurable they are doing the person a favour by 'seducing' them out of their frigid ways. But it is usually because they have an f-ed up mentality and not purely because they are in the mood.

Yes I believe that is the majority. Henry Lee Lucas being apart of the minority. I said all of this in a different thread though. Women being topless in public is fine with me. I would hope it would be fine with everyone else and it would not lead to violence. There is always the flip side though, mothers shielding there sons from exposed breasts cause they believe its evil. Or was that just my childhood?

Wherenextcolumbus

Yes I believe that is the majority. Henry Lee Lucas being apart of the minority. I said all of this in a different thread though. Women being topless in public is fine with me. I would hope it would be fine with everyone else and it would not lead to violence. There is always the flip side though, mothers shielding there sons from exposed breasts cause they believe its evil. Or was that just my childhood?
could you expand on the Henry Lee Lucas thing? He was the minority in what way?

Titanic

could you expand on the Henry Lee Lucas thing? He was the minority in what way?

He actually said in a interview sex was always his biggest downfall and it was the reason he started his killing spree. He took it a step farther and actually killed people. A evil man he was.

Titanic

I tear up when I think of all the victims of rape and the victims of murder. I guess all the Stephen King books has not been bad for me after all.

Wherenextcolumbus

He actually said in a interview sex was always his biggest downfall and it was the reason he started his killing spree. He took it a step farther and actually killed people. A evil man he was.

Ok so are you trying say Henry Lee Lucas raped and murdered people because he had a high libido? Can you just please think a little deeper about what you are saying here.

Titanic

Ok so are you trying say Henry Lee Lucas raped and murdered people because he had a high libido? Can you just please think a little deeper about what you are saying here.

He said that. Not I. I do not know for sure. He could have just been lying.

ignition

seriously what?
Titanic13 cited an interview and yet you come out with "are you trying to say Henry Lee Lucas raped and murdered people because he had a high libido?" And then you had the audacity to tell him to "think a little deeper about what you are saying here". It's obvious to all English readers that he quoted a source, he wasn't the one making the actual claim. :facepalm:

Titanic

I'm asking do you think that is the reality behind his rapes and murders, I know he said that not you.

I believe he was lying. Back when I was a teen I believed it was true when I first heard about it. I have matured since then and I have changed my views. I guess I could be wrong and he really did tell the truth. Only he knows.