• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senate Republicans oppose Reproductive Freedom for Women.

Do you support access to reproductive healthcare, including abortion rights and contraception.

• Total voters

Laniakea

Not of this world
You're the only person who repeatedly and continually brings up race here.

The Republicans are anti-woman. They don't support women's freedom to make their own decisions about their own bodies. They supported Roe v. Wade being overturned and worked for decades to make it happen. They've severely limited women's reproductive rights in Republican states and continue to reach further and further. And now this. They are anti-woman. I'm now convinced they want The Handmaid's Tale as we they go further and further down the path toward it.
44% of voters vote Republican.

Are you now going to claim 44% of American women are against themselves?

Laniakea

Not of this world
What it is NOT doing is giving the people affected to choose folr themselves as they see fit. What makes a bunch of legislators -- mostly men -- usually with no medical, psychological or other relevant training -- so much better at deciding how a woman in Louisiana should conduct her life? Or, for that matter, a woman in New York? Are not those women better qualified to judge for themselves, with the help of their health care provider and family?
The same thing that makes them able to mandate people get injected with a particular vaccine if they want to be a member of society.

"Yeah, but that's different!" argument coming in 3...2....1....

PureX

Veteran Member
Harris is a race chameleon. One day she's black, next day she's Asian, the day after that she's Native American.
And only the racists care.
She just uses race to see to see whatever suits her agenda and most importantly, her own self serving career.
Sounds like a page right out of the republican playbook: pander to whoever will listen, saying whatever you have to, to get elected. Then ride that taxpayer gravy train for all it's worth! Harris panders to ethnic minorities while republicans pander to racists, xenophobes, misogynists, religious zealots, and criminal billionaires.

Laniakea

Not of this world
The government doesn't tell me I don't have reproductive rights and doesn't interfere in my decisions surrounding my reproductive health.
I live in Canada where we have more freedom in that regard. I don't have to worry that I might have to die from a septic pregnancy because a bunch of old men who don't even know what a cervix is, have decided I'm not entitled to decide what I do with my own body.
In Canada, you're more likely to die if your government believes that assisted suicide is a better option than whatever you choose for yourself, and forces it on you if they think your refusal is due to your inability to make rational decisions--which substantiates their position.

Make sure not to protest wrong!

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Women are still free to reproduce. How would this bill have prevented them from doing so?
That is the right wing version of freedom, freedom to do whatever we want you to do. Freedom for women to do what they are told.
None of the female House and Senate Republican members got that memo, nor did those who voted for them.
I don't care if they are men or women who are taking away women's rights. This is about the taking away of basic rights, not the gender of the people taking away those rights.

Why is is always about identity politics with people like you?
Maybe you should save your false statements that "Republicans are anti-woman" as a way to get people to vote for Big Mike Obama or VP Kamel Hair, assuming you can't get the race card to work.
Again with the identity politics. The only one here playing the "race card" is you.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
44% of voters vote Republican.

Are you now going to claim 44% of American women are against themselves?
The people of Ohio, California, Michigan, Vermont, Kentucky, Kansas, all voted in favour of reproductive freedom/autonomy when it's been on the ballot.
So, it seems most people are not against themselves on this one.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
In Canada, you're more likely to die if your government believes that assisted suicide is a better option than whatever you choose for yourself, and forces it on you if they think your refusal is due to your inability to make rational decisions--which substantiates their position.

Make sure not to protest wrong!
LOL no.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean, we already knew this.

If you don't want to be subjected to forced birth by the government, you should never, ever vote red. Whether forced birth is imposed at the federal level or the state level is, honestly, irrelevant. Forced birth is forced birth.

When the government imposes forced organ donations, then we can have a serious talk about it being okay to inflict forced birth on pregnant women and other pregnant folks.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And only the racists care.

Sounds like a page right out of the republican playbook: pander to whoever will listen, saying whatever you have to, to get elected. Then ride that taxpayer gravy train for all it's worth! Harris panders to ethnic minorities while republicans pander to racists, xenophobes, misogynists, religious zealots, and criminal billionaires.
Of course race pandering is perfectly fine unless one of course one is white which on the mention of light colored skin, automatically becomes racism.

You apparently can't even distinguish that difference.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
It absolutely is healthcare. It pertains directly to women's health.
And it has saved countless women's lives.

Don't like them? Don't get one. But don't think you get to make others' healthcare and life decisions for them.

Bleh, standard anti-life BS. Abortions have killed MILLIONS more lives than such complications to the mothers (and I do support exceptions in such cases). From what I have read, we are talking about ~1% of such cases.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Murder is always wrong. IMHO

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You're the only person who repeatedly and continually brings up race here.

And Democrats repeatedly and continuously brings up people's differences as if such characteristics matter equally as well as Republicans who bring up race.

If you ask me , it's a bipartisan effort to keep differences alive and kicking because it's just good political fodder to do so.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The government can and will make healthcare and life decisions for people. Just because you don't like it means others have to agree with you as well.
Where I live, those decisions are made between myself and my physician. The government plays no part, except to the pay the physician's fee. (That includes abortion, by the way, although I won't be needing one.)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Bleh, standard anti-life BS. Abortions have killed MILLIONS more lives than abortion. From what I have read, we are talking about ~1% of such cases.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Murder is always wrong. IMHO
I'll wait until you respond to my points, instead of just repeating the same thing again and posting some biased garbage website, that says in its very first line, "The short answer to this question is “zero.”
That's absolutely and unequivocally wrong. No need to read any further.

Murder doesn't apply here. Bodily autonomy applies here. If you don't have bodily autonomy, you've got nothing.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
And Democrats repeatedly and continuously brings up people's differences as if such characteristics matter equally as well as Republicans who bring up race.

If you ask me , it's a bipartisan effort to keep differences alive and kicking because it's just good political fodder to do so.
This was in response to, "You're the only person who repeatedly and continually brings up race here." Which I said to a person who brought up race for no apparent reason.

Sorry but the only response I have to yours is to laugh, in light of that.

Laniakea

Not of this world
That is the right wing version of freedom, freedom to do whatever we want you to do. Freedom for women to do what they are told.

I don't care if they are men or women who are taking away women's rights. This is about the taking away of basic rights, not the gender of the people taking away those rights.

According to the OP (you), it is. You said, "But the Republican Senators have sent their message to American women. They do not support reproductive rights for women." So you're the one who originally mentioned gender, not me.

Why is is always about identity politics with people like you?

Again, you're the one who specifically said "women".

Again with the identity politics. The only one here playing the "race card" is you.
Oh, calm down.

Laniakea

Not of this world
The people of Ohio, California, Michigan, Vermont, Kentucky, Kansas, all voted in favour of reproductive freedom/autonomy when it's been on the ballot.
So, it seems most people are not against themselves on this one.

Anecdotal doesn't represent the whole.