• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seven year old guns

Heyo

Veteran Member
I agree with that. Nowadays if you are white male, you are likely discriminated, even if you would have more skills than the other. For example, would Kamala Harris be the president candidate, if she would be a white male, I believe we all know the answer is no.
That is not how fairness should work. Or affirmative action for that matter. Old, white males have had preferential treatment for ages, now women and non-white people are preferred in case of equal skills. That seems unfair to the individual, but it is fair as it offsets the unfairness of centuries past when it was the other way around (or worse).

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I agree with that. Nowadays if you are white male, you are likely discriminated, e
Discrimination runs all directions. For example, although racism against blacks certainly still exists (i.e. arrests for driving while black), it is just as true to not that DEI policies discriminate against whites. It's racism no matter which direction it goes.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Oh my God... Where do you live? Like what city? I've never heard of such a crazy situation like that. I can't think of anyone I know who has even experienced a home invasion once let alone multiple ones

You did the right thing, but I have to imagine the psychological burden of killing multiple people in such a repeated way would be intense. I don't think I'd ever be able to feel safe if I were in your shoes

You do know that both Trump and Biden are white males, right?
Yes, and I think they are in their positions because of their merits, not because of their gender or skin color. If they would be on the same skill level as Kamala Harris, I don't think they would be even known commonly.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes, and I think they are in their positions because of their merits, not because of their gender or skin color. If they would be on the same skill level as Kamala Harris, I don't think they would be even known commonly.
Have you been diagnosed with delusions of grandeur? You seem to think that males are generally superior to females. (And Caucasians are generally superior to other races.) For you, the fact that almost all US Presidents have been white and all have been male, is evidence for that. For me, it is evidence that white males have had preferential treatment in the past.

Exactly what you did. If your life and the lives of your family or innocents are threatened, the only moral thing to do is defend. And especially if you are a child, or woman, or man not trained in fighting, defense means using a weapon. You did well.

Leviticus 19:16 You shall not stand idly by the blood of your neighbor: I am the LORD.
A man murdered my uncle Joe. When he was convicted, he said he was going to kill our whole family. Also, before that we lived in a dangerous neighborhood.

" seven year old, guns "
  1. Exodus 22:2, I understand, is neither authored by One G-d nor by Moses, please, right? It is the work of the priestly clergy, so not a reliable source of guidance for our deeds, right, please?
  2. Children are innocent/sinless, whatever they do is, one must say, as per the environment they live in and brought up and as per the thinking of their family/parents/society, it is for this that children are tried in special Juvenile Law, right, please?
  3. In my childhood I lived in villages which were still on the barter system, not only the children had no guns even the adults did not have them and they had little money to hoard, the only valuable were the Silver/Golden Jewellery. All family slept in the open place in the courtyard or the roof-tops in Summer, and in winter in a large central room and their beds(/charpais) were close by, except the married-ones in nearby small rooms and everybody was alert for some incident at a voice-call, even the neighbors would wake up at a call, so never heard any such happenings. What a beautiful life of the villages, one would agree, it remains always fresh in my memory, right, please!?
  4. Instead of the human- altered Scriptures, in secular matters, one must follow the Law of the Land one lives in, right, please.
One and only One G-d says and I quote here for guidance:
5:39
And as for the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands in retribution of their offence as an exemplary punishment from Allah. And Allah is Mighty, Wise.
5:40
But whoso repents after his transgression and amends, then will Allah surely turn to him in mercy; verily, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search

Right?

Regards
5:39
وَالسَّارِقُ وَالسَّارِقَۃُ فَاقۡطَعُوۡۤا اَیۡدِیَہُمَا جَزَآءًۢ بِمَا کَسَبَا نَکَالًا مِّنَ اللّٰہِ ؕ وَاللّٰہُ عَزِیۡزٌ حَکِیۡمٌ ﴿۳۹
5:40
فَمَنۡ تَابَ مِنۡۢ بَعۡدِ ظُلۡمِہٖ وَاَصۡلَحَ فَاِنَّ اللّٰہَ یَتُوۡبُ عَلَیۡہِ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ غَفُوۡرٌ رَّحِیۡمٌ ﴿۴۰
OOO

"The name of Moses is not evidence for the exodus

As of today , the scholarly view on the existence of Moses is divided , while most scholars agree that the biblical narrative is probably false , some think that the name of Moses might prove the existence of a leader of the Israelites .
The reasoning behind this argument is based on the fact that the name of Moses is not Hebrew but Egyptian , which supports a narrative in which there is an Egyptian person named Moses who leads a small and non divine exodus .
My objection to this argument is pretty simple , a smart Hebrew author would realise that it would be more likely for Egyptian parents to name their kids with an Egyptian name , even if he is adopted like Moses ."
"the_leviathan711
It's a common Egyptian court name, usually attached to a theophoric like Rah-moses (aka Ramses) or Thutmoses or Ahmoses.
The Hebrew etymology given for Moses' name "because he was drawn from the water" is somewhat nonsensical. Why would an Egyptian princess give the baby a Hebrew name? How would she even know Hebrew?
"
https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateReligion/comments/1471gm6 View attachment 96552
There servants were Hebrew

Interesting. At seven you could pull both triggers on a double barrel shotgun and still acquire your target, not injuring yourself? Then, at eight years old you had your own 30-30 rifle? And you managed to cancel the life subscriptions of three armed intruders, without injuring your little shoulder? Three armed intruders? Where did you receive military/police training, at eight years old? Was the 30-30 rifle a pump or lever action?

Was this all in Detroit or east L.A. back in the day? They had a fierce reputation.

Move.
lever

My Dad often took me hunting. A lot of it was common sense and survival.

You do know that both Trump and Biden are white males, right?
The candidates for President & congress have been visiting with me when they are in Detroit area. As a former Teacher, we discuss School Safety. An idea that is being kicked around is several districts create a College Campus setting with dorms for High school students. Brick walls, one guarded gate checking those who come in for weapons and drugs. Classes will be 360 days a year. Uniforms,,,, Tv use from 9 to 10 PM. School events and sports will be on tv. Sinks in mess halls for brushing teeth. Studies have shown that such a setting encourages going to College and Trade schools.

Oh my God... Where do you live? Like what city? I've never heard of such a crazy situation like that. I can't think of anyone I know who has even experienced a home invasion once let alone multiple ones

You did the right thing, but I have to imagine the psychological burden of killing multiple people in such a repeated way would be intense. I don't think I'd ever be able to feel safe if I were in your shoes
I received Police counseling to deal with it all.