• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex or Love

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Sex and Love are 2 different things not related except in a particular relationship.

For example I love my parents and my kids and sex never comes to mind.

I also think of sex when I see a certain type of women dressed in a certain way and never think of love.

I can love everybody but I won't and can't have sex with everybody.

chinu

chinu
Sex and Love are 2 different things not related except in a particular relationship.

For example I love my parents and my kids and sex never comes to mind.

I also think of sex when I see a certain type of women dressed in a certain way and never think of love.

I can love everybody but I won't and can't have sex with everybody.
That's good.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Do you Sex because you Love someone, or do you Love because you Sex someone ?

The two are not necessarily in correlation with one another. You can love someone, but never have sex with them. Likewise, you can have sex with someone, but not love them.

Personally, I much prefer the notion of love over sex; regardless of whether the love is romantic or platonic.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Having sex with someone merely because you love them is not, in my opinion, an always good reason to have sex with someone. Sometimes, you are sexually incompatible -- or incompatible in other ways -- with people you love.

As for loving someone because you've had sex with them, having sex with someone releases bonding chemicals. Those bonding chemicals produce emotions that most of us mistake for love.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Sex does not make love. I think sex because of true love is extremely rare.

The second part of the question is interesting. Do you love because you sex? I think so. Two people may marry for many reasons but being together and sexing will create love between them.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, why is romantic love the key for you?
Prior to loving someone, the idea of sex with someone is repulsive to me. It's a risky exchange of bodily fluids, tangling of bodies, genital interaction, and emotional vulnerability.

But if I feel romantically in love with them (meaning probably the hormone oxytocin, plus viewing them as a mate rather than family or platonic friend, plus intellectual admiration) it changes, and then I am happy to be with them in that way.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Prior to loving someone, the idea of sex with someone is repulsive to me. It's a risky exchange of bodily fluids, tangling of bodies, genital interaction, and emotional vulnerability.

But if I feel romantically in love with them (meaning probably the hormone oxytocin, plus viewing them as a mate rather than family or platonic friend, plus intellectual admiration) it changes, and then I am happy to be with them in that way.
^And although that sounds like I go around banging people a lot, that's not quite what I meant.

Romantic love, for me, comes after initial attraction plus a long dating period of getting to know them, which wasn't quite clear there.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
^And although that sounds like I go around banging people a lot, that's not quite what I meant.

Romantic love, for me, comes after initial attraction plus a long dating period of getting to know them, which wasn't quite clear there.

LOL. No it does not sound that way. I have never read you where you were not clear.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator

I will fairly presume you are a person of modest accounting of years.
That's ok.

"Sex"... meaning to have/engage sexual relations...(ie fornication, etc.) need have absolutely no entanglements of "love" whatsoever. None. Zero. Zip. Nada,

On the other hand, "having sex" with a person you "love" (or believe to be *in love*) is absolutely no guarantor of "good sex".

Perhaps I do not understand your question, nor best absorb your unspoken premise.

The sooner you can separate aspects of love from any adventures in sex, the sooner you will mature into adulthood.

chinu

chinu
Having sex with someone merely because you love them is not, in my opinion, an always good reason to have sex with someone. Sometimes, you are sexually incompatible -- or incompatible in other ways -- with people you love.
That's true.
As for loving someone because you've had sex with them, having sex with someone releases bonding chemicals. Those bonding chemicals produce emotions that most of us mistake for love.
Than, do you have any example for Love ?

I don't think so,
In this way we can also say that giving birth to a child also releases bonding chemicals and those bonding chemicals produces emotions that most of us mistake for Love. Am I right ?

And, do these bonding chemicals also works after paying a call girl ? :)

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
One more question for all of you here. :)

Q: Love which appeared after having sex with someone, Do that Love appeared because we can sex with that person again and again, or Do that Love appeared because of just one time sex ?

Wherenextcolumbus

I feel the same way.
Plus I feel I'm the type to become easily emotionally attached, so it's best for me not to screw around with my own feelings.