• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should religion be tolerated?

I just randomly typed in "plu" into google and got 18,100,000 results. Searching for something in google and then claiming every hit is evidence is not objective.
Well last I checked we weren't looking for 'plu'. I am sure you will find 18,100,000 entries with the letters plu next to each, as you will blu, tan, fro, pre, ....so what's your point?

Your comments are facetious, and just demeans and belittles anything you say. Can't any of you express and intelligent point of view...? It is the most common theme running through your posts.

My problem is that it's not my job to do your legwork. I have no way of knowing what source you used.-Storm

No one asked you to, it's not my legwork, it's yours. I have done mine. Therefore I can comment...you on the other hand, flap your gums but there's just no one home.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No, you made the claim, therefore it's up to YOU to provide YOUR source. This is how debate works.

EDIT: The only reason I can think of that you'd refuse to do this is that you made it up.

No, you made the claim, therefore it's up to YOU to provide YOUR source. This is how debate works.

EDIT: The only reason I can think of that you'd refuse to do this is that you made it up.
Yes, but you would think that. That's not how this works at all. I assert that 6-12% of priests have committed child sex abuse, by admission of the church. You want to say that is incorrect? Then do so...

However...I did find the definition of storm:
behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn -

J Bryson

Yes, but you would think that. That's not how this works at all. I assert that 6-12% of priests have committed child sex abuse, by admission of the church. You want to say that is incorrect? Then do so...

Excuse me for interrupting here.

From what I can tell, you made a claim. When asked for your source, you told the other person to do the research on it. She called you on this, stating that as you had made the claim, you were the one required to provide the evidence for said claim. Fair enough, as this is how that sort of thing works. Instead of providing said evidence, you used an inapplicable example of something that you could probably provide proof for if pressed rather than what you imply is easily obtained proof of your initial assertion.

Just want to make sure that my scorecard is updated.

EDIT: Oh! And you gave the definition of her name, as if it somehow reflected on her personality. The definition of mine is "The Peace of God," if that helps you.

DarkMaster24

my-opinion is certianly right in that percentage of preists that have molested/raped little boys. I wread it in an article from a credible magazine once. I don't have the magazine with me, but it's certianly true.

And even if it's not true, why would you all try to defend/excuse the Catholic church of such a heinous crime?

DarkMaster24

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn -[/quote]

Hehe, ironicly that is an accurate definition of the way Storm is acting lately.

Why the rage Storm?

J Bryson

my-opinion is certianly right in that percentage of preists that have molested/raped little boys. I wread it in an article from a credible magazine once. I don't have the magazine with me, but it's certianly true.

And even if it's not true, why would you all try to defend/excuse the Catholic church of such a heinous crime?

I'm not. He was using that as an example of how to have an argument. I was questioning his methodology.

J Bryson

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn -

Hehe, ironicly that is an accurate definition of the way Storm is acting lately.

Why the rage Storm?

Rage? My goodness. Here's a lovely woman who has politely taken the time to attempt to show you that there is another side to religion, and tried to expand your horizons, and you've repaid her with scorn...and you accuse her of "great anger" when she's exhibited little but frustration. I'm mildly amused, and a bit disappointed.

Excuse me for interrupting here.

From what I can tell, you made a claim. When asked for your source, you told the other person to do the research on it. She called you on this, stating that as you had made the claim, you were the one required to provide the evidence for said claim. Fair enough, as this is how that sort of thing works. Instead of providing said evidence, you used an inapplicable example of something that you could probably provide proof for if pressed rather than what you imply is easily obtained proof of your initial assertion.

Just want to make sure that my scorecard is updated.

EDIT: Oh! And you gave the definition of her name, as if it somehow reflected on her personality. The definition of mine is "The Peace of God," if that helps you.

I have no problem at all with providing references...to those that are geniunely interested...it is quite obvious that a couple here just like the jousting but are not interested in the facts...jousting is good...but continuing the debate as well is also the object... if you are interested in the facts you will do the research. After all, I could plaster anything up here, so no, independent research is what the debate is all about...not me parroting information to you.

And no...the meaning of your name doesn't help me- not unless it can go out and mow my lawn this arvo..

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
You'll have to do better than that.

I defend anyone from slander. I don't defend or excuse pedophilia, and if you knew me better you wouldn't even dream of accusing me of doing so.

Even if the numbers are legit, that doesn't make it systemic. Systemic would be if pedophilia were policy.

Rage? My goodness. Here's a lovely woman who has politely taken the time to attempt to show you that there is another side to religion, and tried to expand your horizons, and you've repaid her with scorn...and you accuse her of "great anger" when she's exhibited little but frustration. I'm mildly amused, and a bit disappointed.

Last time I look at internet etiquette CAPITAL LETTERS ARE YELLING- SHOUTING... hang on...here's a reference...

Dont Shout - When posting in forums and newsgroups its generally ....
  • Whenever creating an email, website page, posting on a forum, usenet etc. it is important not to use capital letters. Most users equate using capital letter like "DON'T SHOUT" as shouting and may not appreciate you using them. Most people also find it much harder to read passages of text written in capital letters. Therefore it is seen as better netiquette not to use capital letters.
Internet Guide

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Yes, I do occasionally use caps for emphasis when I'm being lazy. I do SO apologize. :rolleyes:

That the best you've got?

You'll have to do better than that.
Even if the numbers are legit, that doesn't make it systemic. Systemic would be if pedophilia were policy.

With figures like that is obviously is a policy. And systemic means affect the whole. Are you saying that just because 6-12% of priests partook in child sex abuse, it did not affect the whole. It affected the whole organisation alright...and families, and society...and the legal system.
Funny how you can trivialize the use of one tiny little word to side step an entire issue.