• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Show what God gave you

interminable

منتظر
God created diseases so why would god care about those who pray to him to help heal them? Think about.
Disease can be kind of recompense or for giving reward or more importantly to test people how they accept it. A gnostic is always thankful for god whether he's ill or not since he thinks everything in this world is done by God's leave he has no worry about it. Reaching this level of mysticism isn't for every one

Sakeenah

Show what God gave you, prophet Muhammad once said. There is a story of a wealthy man (businessman) who owned a land in Medina. One time prophet Muhammad saw him in the market place, his (wealthy man) thobe was dirty and had holes in it. So, Muhammad told him to go and buy a new thobe. Show what God gave you.

In some other religions, I heard something like if you have wealth then don’t show it?

What do you guys think?

In Dubai for example, rich people like to buy license plates.

Indian Buys $9 Million Dubai License Plate for Rolls-Royce

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/feat...eatures/dubais-most-expensive-license-plates/

Buying a $9 Milion licence plate is in my opinion israaf (wasting money).Allah tells us not to waste a bit of water and food so I can't understand how wasting 9 milion Dollar is showing Allah's favours upon you.

Show what God gave you, prophet Muhammad once said. There is a story of a wealthy man (businessman) who owned a land in Medina. One time prophet Muhammad saw him in the market place, his (wealthy man) thobe was dirty and had holes in it. So, Muhammad told him to go and buy a new thobe. Show what God gave you.

2.264: O you who believe, do not nullify your charities with insult and harm; like the one who spends his money in vanity to show off to the people, and he does not believe in God and the Last Day.

Would you not say there is a very significant difference between telling a rich man not to dress like a pauper, and condoning a shameless flaunting of wealth like spending $9 million on a registration plate?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
U know better than me that the answer is No

This hadith is talking about those who have wealth and don't use it thinking they are ascetic or maybe they are greedy and ... Or a man has a beautiful hair but always shaves it in both cases they can use their health and beauty for their family. Some are talented but laziness doesn't let them do science
And about women God gave them modesty so they should show their modesty to others.

Understanding hadith is like the Qur'an .a person needs to be an expert to gather hadiths together and then conclude

Do you think that the hadith, whatever that is, should be enforced by law?

Do you have laws against wealthy people not showing their wealth or not using it?

Or is that just a suggestion from God, and you are free to use your will?

Ciao

- viole

sovietchild

Do you have laws against wealthy people not showing their wealth or not using it?

Ciao

- viole

Not using it, I think there is in Saudi Arabia. I'm not 100% sure about it. I herd something like you can't stock up money in your house, you have to spread it and invest in businesses.

I think @Smart_Guy is from Saudi Arabia, maybe he can confirm this?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Not using it, I think there is in Saudi Arabia. I'm not 100% sure about it. I herd something like you can't stock up money in your house, you have to spread it and invest in businesses.

I have a related question that always interested me.

When you marry someone, do you actually know how that girl looks like?

Ciao

- viole

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

Not sure I understand what's going on exactly, but I know that besides that zakat (Islamic version of tax) increases the more amount of saved money you have, here business owners are required to pay zakat to have their legal documents up to date. Those not in business are not asked for anything by the law.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
When you marry someone, do you actually know how that girl looks like?

Hiya :D

You mean Muslims? Yes, we do, even before getting married or engaged. If we don't like each other, we can just reject each other. Simple as that.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Hiya :D

You mean Muslims? Yes, we do, even before getting married or engaged. If we don't like each other, we can just reject each other. Simple as that.

Yes, but how does it work? With that cover up they all look the same. They can be crossed legged or completely bald, for what you know. Or have a rear side the size of Pluto.

Ciao

- viole

sovietchild

There's no evidence that any gods exist, therefore, gods didn't give me a thing.

We are encouraged in Islam to use our senses and our common sense to recognize this entire universe could not possibly come into existence on its own. Something had to design it all and then put it into motion. This is beyond our ability to do, yet it is something we can understand.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Yes, but how does it work? With that cover up they all look the same. They can be crossed legged or completely bald, for what you know. Or have a rear side the size of Pluto.

Ciao

- viole

Oh, in this case that cover up is not used. If I want to get married, for example, I tell my mother and she talks to the mother of a girl and we all meet at the girl's home as if it is a family gathering. The girl wears any normal outfit without that cover up. It only has to be moderately modest with her hands, face and hair seen clearly. She can even put makeup, but I personally prefer she does not. We can talk, laugh, look at each other, dine together, etc. If we agree on each other, similar meetings can be done. There are other stages between this and marriage before we move to live with each other. As far as I heard, it could take several months before marriage happens and that in many cases the two finally decided they don't want each other (one of them is enough to say no) and they get separated.

I honestly don't know any further details as I never had this... and I'm 34 now :(

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Oh, in this case that cover up is not used. If I want to get married, for example, I tell my mother and she talks to the mother of a girl and we all meet at the girl's home as if it is a family gathering. The girl wears any normal outfit without that cover up. It only has to be moderately modest with her hands, face and hair seen clearly. She can even put makeup, but I personally prefer she does not. We can talk, laugh, look at each other, dine together, etc. If we agree on each other, similar meetings can be done. There are other stages between this and marriage before we move to live with each other. As far as I heard, it could take several months before marriage happens and that in many cases the two finally decided they don't want each other (one of them is enough to say no) and they get separated.

I honestly don't know any further details as I never had this... and I'm 34 now :(

Your mating process seems more complicated than approving the mid term plan of a Swiss bank. All those meetings and stuff.

Move to Sweden. Or Germany. Our processes in this area are much more agile. :)

Ciao

- viole

sovietchild

Your mating process seems more complicated than approving the mid term plan of a Swiss bank. All those meetings and stuff.

Move to Sweden. Or Germany. Our processes in this area are much more agile. :)

Ciao

- viole

5 out of 10 people divorce in those nations, where in Saudi Arabia It's 2 out of 10.