• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shy Girls

DarkSun

:eltiT
Are most guys put off or less attracted to shy and quiet girls? Are there guys who prefer the quiet ones? Do energetic women seem younger and thus more attractive?

I'm not really too interested either way, but energetic people, in general, just tend to annoy me. Dunno why.

Ace Otana

Captain
Are most guys put off or less attracted to shy and quiet girls? Are there guys who prefer the quiet ones? Do energetic women seem younger and thus more attractive?

Well I actually find shy girls extremely attractive. Can't quite explain why but girls who happen to be very shy easily grabs my attention, far more so than that of a very out spoken girl.

Erebus

Personally I love shy/quiet girls. I like to protect and look after my partners and shy girls allow for that feeling.

Peacewise

Then again, I just happened to come across this photo in my suggested facebook friends, and while I would have thought she were cute anyway, the fact that she is giving the finger instantly makes her sexxxy to me. I don't know why, it just does.

22340a0e59fce6c6c7f874e7f95175dc_2029.jpg

depends where she puts that finger. snap.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I used to be painfully shy.

I'm not anywhere near shy anymore. I'm like my dad: I'll just go up and talk to anybody.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to be painfully shy.

I'm not anywhere near shy anymore. I'm like my dad: I'll just go up and talk to anybody.

I used to be really social when I was a kid and then when puberty hit I became a completely different person. I'm usually quite shy but I don't get much attention as a result. When I come out of my bubble I notice that guys respond well. I also notice that guys are very attentive of girls who are loud and have a huge presense.

I like being the quieter type though, I just wish more guys liked it too.

Onkara

Sorry to come over all philosophical, I think the problem comes when people identify with their self image. There is nothing wrong with being shy of course, it is attractive. I know quiet men which seem to attract a lot of women too. The answer, if shyness is a barrier, is I suppose is to question and change the self-image?

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry to come over all philosophical, I think the problem comes when people identify with their self image. There is nothing wrong with being shy of course, it is attractive. I know quiet men which seem to attract a lot of women too. The answer, if shyness is a barrier, is I suppose is to question and change the self-image?

I think my main problem is low self esteem (though to be fair, it isn't soooo low) and I need to work on expressing confidence. I don't really know how I look to others but I do recognise that people with low self esteem tend to be less attractive.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I used to be really social when I was a kid and then when puberty hit I became a completely different person. I'm usually quite shy but I don't get much attention as a result. When I come out of my bubble I notice that guys respond well. I also notice that guys are very attentive of girls who are loud and have a huge presense.

I like being the quieter type though, I just wish more guys liked it too.

My husband is the direct opposite of me. He's extremely quiet and shy, but I find that to be soooo attractive. :yes:

He brings a kind of mystery to our marriage, and I've always been the aggressor in our intimacy and adventures. So, in essence, it works perfectly for us.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I think my main problem is low self esteem (though to be fair, it isn't soooo low) and I need to work on expressing confidence. I don't really know how I look to others but I do recognise that people with low self esteem tend to be less attractive.

It's all in the way you carry yourself, beautiful. You don't have to talk to anybody, or wear revealing clothes, or even to be with anybody else to be noticed and heavily admired.

I know this from experience. ;)

Onkara

That is your self image, but you are not limited to a self-image, however irritating and easy that might sound. You have created that image because you were looking for a reason to explain your behaviour, then you believed it, but it doesn't mean you are like that or you will continue to be like that. You will change, as you did from a child to a teenager. However you are already attractive, because it is and will be you that the person finds attractive, not some character type, no adjective like shy/brave will ever summarise you accurately as you are much more than what you think. :)

fatima_bintu_islam

Pleasing others is a very tiring journey where the soul is lost. One of scholars said once; pleasing all people is an impossible task, if they werent please with their Lord how would they be pleased by His creatures ? :)

And seriously, thats what I love in wearing Hijab , you just dont care at all about guys think of you, you're confident, you know they're not looking at your body (since they see nothing lol ) , and when you talk to them (even though you try to avoid it if not necessary ) you know that they are talking to you instead of checking your body up and down ( and when you turn back to leave :) )

Confidence and security :D, I love it

Oh yes, and you dont need a hollywood star to tell you what beauty should look likes :) ; you're just what you are ,nothing more nothing less , and instead of trying to look perfect, you spend your time perfectionning you soul and manners :)

blackout

Violet.
Chances of my even attracting a shy woman
are infintessimally slim.

An introspecive woman who knows who she is,
that's different.
I like inner strength.

and... sexually speaking...shy would not work at all.:eek:

DarkSun

:eltiT

I've noticed that the problem with me is that what I value in a person seems to be extremely different from what most others' do. If someone comes off as ditzy, melodramatic or overly-energetic, then it doesn't matter how they look to me, I'll automatically think less of them. Shy people don't generally have those traits tbh. So maybe I'm just projecting my own personality onto other people, and if we're similar I can connect. Iunno. But I do know that I'm not really interested in a relationship right now, I've got a heap of better things to do.

MissAlice

I feel I get along with introvert better than extroverts. I consider myself shy and more of a one on one person. It's not so much my lack of confidence as it is my social quirkiness and the trying to keep up with everyone else.

I think the meaning of shy is subjective to each person. Shy doesn't always mean that person has significantly low self-esteem, it just means some of us are different. Some of us are not too great with being socially open.