• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Similarities between Jesus-Christ (peace upon be him) and Imam Ali (peace upon be him)

ankarali

Hello I would like to share some information here. These are my own comments and it is not related to Shia or sunnite islam but just some comments:

Have you already seen the similarities between Jesus-Christ (peace upon be him) and Imam Ali (peace upon be him).

1-Both had photos (images drawn) and these images are similar
2-We don't know where are their tomb
3-Their name are composed by three letters (isa and ali)
4-Most of Christians think that Jesus was a God and very little shia muslim (The rafidith) also think Imam Ali was a God
5-Jesus had 12 followers the number of imam are 12 also

Prophet Mohammad (peace upon be him) said: ''Ali! you are like Jesus-Christ, Jewish people hated him and slandered to his mother and Christians liked him very much (in an excessive way''

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
just to fix your info
Jesus (pbuh) did not die , Allah saved (raised up ) to Him , which mean suppose to be there is no a tomb for him becaue he is already live , on contrary Ali (pbuh) dead .

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Hello I would like to share some information here. These are my own comments and it is not related to Shia or sunnite islam but just some comments:

Have you already seen the similarities between Jesus-Christ (peace upon be him) and Imam Ali (peace upon be him).

4-Most of Christians think that Jesus was a God and very little shia muslim (The rafidith) also think Imam Ali was a God

Prophet Mohammad (peace upon be him) said: ''Ali! you are like Jesus-Christ, Jewish people hated him and slandered to his mother and Christians liked him very much (in an excessive way''

سورة التوبة - سورة 9 - آية 32

يريدون ان يطفؤوا نور الله بافواههم ويابى الله الا ان يتم نوره ولو كره الكافرون

"Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect His light, however much the disbelievers are averse." َQuran

Marco19

Researcher
i have doubt if both have real image, but even with the common images i can't see any similarity.
i'll be happy if someone corrects me, and gives more detail about the image of Imam Ali.

according to Shiaa's his tomb is in Najf. (but i'm not sure if Sunni accept it)
it's good to know the sunni view on the shrine of Imam Ali in najf?

i think this is not true at all, isa four letters not three.

do you mean they are both wrong or ... what?

i think this one is also incorrect because 12 imams includi Ali, but in Jesus cases they are 12 + Jesus.

So i can't see any similarity... i might be wrong, and happy if you correct.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
sorry i did not notice this , was what ?
come on , this is realy polytheist , and it's called SHIRK , it's the greatest sin , which Allah never forgive .

4-48
Lo! Allah forgiveth not that a partner should be ascribed unto Him. He forgiveth (all) save that to whom He will. Whoso ascribeth partners to Allah, he hath indeed invented a tremendous sin.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
سورة التوبة - سورة 9 - آية 32

يريدون ان يطفؤوا نور الله بافواههم ويابى الله الا ان يتم نوره ولو كره الكافرون

"Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect His light, however much the disbelievers are averse." َQuran

brother , I disgree totaly with you in this, because all of thes points are not correct , even that make you tempory happy .

false because there was not a photograph in that era .

Jesus (pbuh) was not die , if there is a tomb , should make a tomb of living prophet ?

this make you proud ?
this arabic or english ?
if it's arabic let's count the letters in arabic :
Jesus (pbuh) : ع ي س ى which mean 4 letters
Ali : ع ل ي which mean 3 letters

in english too
Jesus (pbuh) 4 letters
Ali : 3 letters

this is shirk , polytheist , which we (Muslims) are always blame the christians that they believe that Jesus (pbuh) is God .

this is make Jesus (pbuh) and Ali ,relative in number 12:facepalm:

Last edited:

Shia Islam

Premium Member
brother , I disgree totaly with you in this, because all of thes points are not correct , even that make you tempory :

I just found that the original post by @ankarali, which is made of a punch of open lies does not worth a reply. We are familiar with this kind of people who are motivated by their enmity toward Imam Ali, which they try unsuccessfully to hide.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I just found that the original post by @ankarali, which is made of a punch of open lies does not worth a reply. We are familiar with this kind of people who are motivated by their enmity toward Imam Ali, which they try unsuccessfully to hide.
Brother , I apologice to you for my missundertanding .

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Brother , I apologice to you for my missundertanding .

May Allah accept us with the truthful who he mentioned in this verse:

يا ايها الذين امنوا اتقوا الله وكونوا مع الصادقين

O ye who believe! Be careful of your duty to Allah, and be with the truthful.

سورة التوبة - سورة 9 - آية 119

F0uad

Can you quote that Hadith i think its from Tabari right?? Do you know Tabari has many Hadiths that have a weak Sanaat(Chain of Narration) or even a false one?

Can you directly quote the Hadith + its refrence so we can see if it has a weak or strong Chain of narration

F0uad

1. Images of ''Prophets'' or ''Messengers'' are forbidden

2. Jesus(p) isn't dead according to the Quran and he will return as the Messiah

3. They are not three letters its ESHA(p) and if someone is called Jan do we say that is a similarity also? :cover:

4. Your 4th Point is even a contradiction and not a similarity like you said MOST of the Christians belief and VERY LITTLE of the Shia Community

5. There is no proof that Esha(p) had 12 followers some even say 11 because Juda betrayed the Christians? Heck your quoting a Christian thought to compare a hadith and then you say its a similarity?

Can you quote that Hadith i think its from Tabari right?? Do you know Tabari has many Hadiths that have a weak Sanaat(Chain of Narration) or even a false one?

Can you directly quote the Hadith + its refrence so we can see if it has a weak or strong Chain of narration

ankarali

Brother,

I only did my own comment and I don't want to accuse somebody this is maybe not true but
1-Jesus and Imam Ali has imaginated photos (not real)
2-We don't know the tomb of imam Ali and Jesus even if he elevated in the sky
3-isa and ali has 3 letters according to Turkish alphabet
4-the small shia community name is ''Rafidith'' OR ''Rafizi'' and in Turkey it is a very little community
5-Yes you are rigth I only marked the number ''12'' maybe I am wrong in this point

the source of Hadith I don't know but I found it in a islamic site.

Both Shia and Sunna they are my brothers, I have iranian friends also. My ennemies are athesits people not muslims. I will be honoured to be the slave of the slave of imam Ali (peace upon with him) I would like to be the dust in the foot of imam Hassan and Hussain
Here what I wrote it is not about shia or sunna

F0uad

Brother,

I only did my own comment and I don't want to accuse somebody this is maybe not true but
1-Jesus and Imam Ali has imaginated photos (not real)
2-We don't know the tomb of imam Ali and Jesus even if he elevated in the sky
3-isa and ali has 3 letters according to Turkish alphabet
4-the small shia community name is ''Rafidith'' OR ''Rafizi'' and in Turkey it is a very little community
5-Yes you are rigth I only marked the number ''12'' maybe I am wrong in this point

the source of Hadith I don't know but I found it in a islamic site.

Both Shia and Sunna they are my brothers, I have iranian friends also. My ennemies are athesits people not muslims. I will be honoured to be the slave of the slave of imam Ali (peace upon with him) I would like to be the dust in the foot of imam Hassan and Hussain
Here what I wrote it is not about shia or sunna

I don't think you fully know what i am saying,

Even if they have ''Imagined photos (paintings) so does mohammed(saws) and many other people.
So thats like saying One guy has a beard therefore its a simalirty to Mohammed(saws)??

Not to be offensive to anyone what does it matter where hes tomb is... We don't have a tomb of Jesus(p) so there is no comparison yet we have a tomb of Ali(ra)

Turkish Alphabet? Lol... Esha(p) was a jew for nationality and Ali a arab both spoke Semitic languages not turkish at-least compare the names into arabic if you want to make a case on that, like i said if someone has a 3letter name do we also say its a similarity?

Again there is no similarity like you say yourself little belief that ali(ra) is god or something and many people belief Jesus(p) is god so its NOT a similarity

You are wrong on all your points but its not bad as-long you do not mix those thinks with actually becoming an extreme in your belief.

We should not be slaves of other persons, not of messengers nor respected people we only should be salves of Allah(swt) no-one else! Why don't you rather try to walk the dust of Mohammed(saws) instead of Imams.
You look more like a Shia and not a Sunni i think you shouldn't be both but only a muslim.

ankarali

Hi Brother, first I am a sunnite, but I like imam Ali, Hassan and Hussain if when I like them I become a Shia I prefer to be a Shia
Yes I am a slave of Allah of course but I would like to be the slave of Imam Ali (pubh) also what is the wrong?

The Hadit about Aliand Jesus was transferred by Ibn Ahmad

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Imam Ali Bin Abi Talib (pbuh) said:" On the Day when I opened Khaybar, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said:" If it wasn't for some cults in my nation who would say about you what the Christians had said about Issa [Jesus] Bin Mariam, I would have uttered a statement about you that would make every crowd of Muslims, passing by you, take soil from under your feet and what's left of the water that you bathed with to cure themselves with it. However, all I can say is that you are from me and I am from you. You inherit me and I inherit you. Your rank according to me is as the rank of Haroun to Mousa, yet there is no prophet after me. You fulfill my dept and fight under the banner of my Islamic Law (Sunna). You are the closest to me at the time of the Hereafter. You shall be my successor at the Hawd (Stream that will be at Judgment day) and you ban the hypocrites from drinking from it. You are the first one to come to me at the Hawd and you are the first one to enter Heaven. Your followers will be on platforms of light, they will have drunk much and will have brightened faces near me in Heaven. I will intercede for them, thus they will be my neighbors in Heaven. Your enemies will be extremely thirsty, will have darkened faces and will be banned from drinking. I am at peace with whoever you are at peace with and I fight whoever you fight. Your secret is my secret and your announcement is my announcement. What lies within your soul, lies within my soul. You are the gate of my knowledge. Your flesh is my flesh and your blood is my blood. The truth is with you. It is on your tongue, in your heart and between your eyes. Faith has been blended in your flesh and blood just as it has been blended in my flesh and blood. Allah has ordered me to foretell you that you and your followers will be in Heaven and that your enemies will be in Hell. No one who detests you shall drink from the Hawd and every one who loves you shall drink from it." Ali (pbuh) said:" I immediately prostrated to Allah Almighty and thanked him for what he bestowed upon me which are the Islam, Quran and the love of the Last Prophet and the Lord of All Messengers (pbuh).""

عن علي بن أبي طالب عليه السلام قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و آله يوم فتحت خيبر: لولا أن تقول فيك طوائف من أمتي ما قالت النصارى في عيسى بن مريم, لقلت فيك اليوم مقالاً لا تمر على ملأ من المسلمين إلا أخذوا من تراب رجليك , وفضل طهورك, يستشفون به , ولكن حسبك أن تكون مني وأنا منك, ترثني وأرثك, وأنت مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى إلا إنه لا نبي بعدي, أنت تؤدي ديني وتقاتل على سنتي, وأنت في الآخرة أقرب الناس مني, وأنت غداً على الحوض خليفتي, تذود عنه المنافقين, وأنت أول من يرد عليّ الحوض, وأنت أول داخل الجنة من أمتي, وان شيعتك على منابر من نور رواء مرويين, مبيضة وجوههم حولي, اشفع لهم فيكونون غداً في الجنة جيراني, وان عدوك غداً ظماء مظمئين, مسودة وجوههم مقمحين, حربك حربي وسلمك سلمي, وسرك سري وعلانيتك علانيتي, وسريرة صدرك كسريرة صدري, وأنت باب علمي, وان ولدك ولدي, ولحمك لحمي ودمك دمي, وان الحق معك والحق على لسانك وفي قلبك وبين عينيك, والايمان مخالط لحمك ودمك كما خالط لحمي ودمي, وأن الله عز وجل أمرني أن أبشرك أنك وعترتك في الجنة, وان عدوك في النار.
يا علي لا يرد علي الحوض مبغض لك, ولا يغيب عنه محب لك, قال: قال علي عليه السلام: فخررت له سبحانه وتعالى ساجداً وحمدته على ما أنعم به عليّ من الاسلام والقرآن, وحببني إلى خاتم النبيين وسيد المرسلين صلى الله عليه و آله

مناقب الخوارزمي ص128، أمالي الصدوق ص709، مناقب إبن شهر آشوب ج1 ص227، كتاب سليم بن قيس ص412، المحتضر ص96، الصراط المستقيم ج1 ص200، بحار الأنوار ج25 ص284، الغارات ج1 ص62، المسترشد للطبري ص634، كشف الغمة ج1 ص290، غاية المرام ج5 ص188، إعلام الورى ج1 ص366، كشف اليقين ص107، شرح الأخبار ج2 ص382، ينابيع المودة ج1 ص199.

"Inspected & Translated by Sayyid Shouhadaa's (AS) Center for Islamic Research"
(تحقيق و ترجمة مركز سيد الشهداء (ع) للبحوث الاسلامية)
Copied From ‫Imam Ali (Pbuh) أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام | Facebook‬

Godobeyer

Premium Member
ALi (ra) all the Sahaba , are the best people and exemples in Islam .

but Jesus ('pbuh) was great prophet and messangers from Allah , we should not compare between him or any Sahabi , because Jesus (pbuh) is more value and higher degree for Allah , for any Sahabi .

just for simple exemple :
Jesus (pbuh) mentioned in the Quran , Ali (ra) not .

for my opinion this thread is get the wrong way .

Shia Islam

Premium Member
ALi (ra) all the Sahaba , are the best people and exemples in Islam .

but Jesus ('pbuh) was great prophet and messangers from Allah , we should not compare between him or any Sahabi , because Jesus (pbuh) is more value and higher degree for Allah , for any Sahabi .

just for simple exemple :
Jesus (pbuh) mentioned in the Quran , Ali (ra) not .

for my opinion this thread is get the wrong way .

With All respect,
Assuming that Ali (pbuh) is not mentioned in the Quran, Could you bring a proof that those who are mentioned in the Quran are higher in degree than those who are not mentioned?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
With All respect,
Assuming that Ali (pbuh) is not mentioned in the Quran, Could you bring a proof that those who are mentioned in the Quran are higher in degree than those who are not mentioned?

Jesus (pbuh) was messanger and miracle from Allah.
Ali (ra) is Sahabi

if you don't believe in Jesus (pbuh) , you will be in the hell

(1) سورة البقرة - سورة 2 - آية 285​

الميزان في تفسير القرآن تقريب القرآن إلى الأذهان نور الثقلين
امن الرسول بما انزل اليه من ربه والمؤمنون كل امن بالله وملائكته وكتبه ورسله لا نفرق بين احد من رسله وقالوا سمعنا واطعنا غفرانك ربنا واليك المصير

The messenger believeth in that which hath been revealed unto him from his Lord and (so do) believers. Each one believeth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers - We make no distinction between any of His messengers - and they say: We hear, and we obey. (Grant us) Thy forgiveness, our Lord. Unto Thee is the journeying.

, but if you don't believe in Ali (ra) , it's not a sin .
it's not suppose there is a comparation between them ever .

F0uad

First of all its forbidden to equal great men for us, so lets not go on with the sin to equal persons.

Its noted in the Hadith that mohammed(saws) said do not equal prophets or messengers of god nor say one is above the other, lets just shut up about this and stop sinning :) they are all great and were all muslims.

All men are equal. And all prophets and messengers were men.