• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So God gives you a free pass...

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Why do you even care? You are not a believer???
and they that have done evil, into the resurrection of damnation or judgment

I care that ancient texts are correctly translated and understood in the context of the time and society that they came from.

Especially the texts of the religions of Abraham - as they try to use those texts against gay people, other religions, and non-believers.

Benoni

I care that ancient texts are correctly translated and understood in the context of the time and society that they came from.

Especially the texts of the religions of Abraham - as they try to use those texts against gay people, other religions, and non-believers.

If you noticed what I am trying to show you is God is not gay people, other religions, and non-believers.

I see ALL people ultimatly returning to God who is a savior not a monster. I do believe in God's judgment; but is just not unjust as most christian religions preach

Benoni

Example:

I understand what religion tries to tell (NT:991, which denotes simply voluntary observation; and from) or (NT:4648 a watching from a distance); they claim you will only see the salvation of God; but turn on your spiritually understand and stop hearing what tradition is saying. The Jew’s are traditionalist; Christians should be mature spiritual sons with ears to hear and eyes to see beyond the carnal literal. See: with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable

See: Strong’s NT:3700

optanomai (op-tan'-om-ahee); a (middle voice) prolonged form of the primary (middle voice) optomai (op'-tom-ahee); which is used for it in certain tenses; and both as alternate of NT:3708; to gaze (i.e. with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable; and thus differing from NT:991, which denotes simply voluntary observation; and from NT:1492, which expresses merely mechanical, passive or casual vision; while NT:2300, and still more emphatically its intensive NT:2334, signifies an earnest but more continued inspection; and NT:4648 a watching from a distance):

KJV - appear, look, see, shewself.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Luke 3: 6 (Amp) And all mankind shall see (behold and [a]understand and at last acknowledge) the salvation of God (the deliverance from eternal death decreed by God).

Luke 3 (msg)

A Baptism of Life-Change

1-6 In the fifteenth year of the rule of Caesar Tiberius—it was while Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea; Herod, ruler of Galilee; his brother Philip, ruler of Iturea and Trachonitis; Lysanias, ruler of Abilene; during the Chief-Priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas—John, Zachariah's son, out in the desert at the time, received a message from God. He went all through the country around the Jordan River preaching a baptism of life-change leading to forgiveness of sins, as described in the words of Isaiah the prophet:

Thunder in the desert!
"Prepare God's arrival!
Make the road smooth and straight!
Every ditch will be filled in,
Every bump smoothed out,
The detours straightened out,
All the ruts paved over.
Everyone will be there to see
The parade of God's salvation."

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Actually, since I am an atheist, I don't believe that it is a god they are getting their morality from. I believe they are getting their morality from the same place as everyone else, and they just attribute it to a god.

Whether you believe in a god or not is irrelevant; they do, and need that deity to tow the line. This is actually a good way to illustrate how deities are subjective realities. To deny their existence as such is to deny reality.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

If you noticed what I am trying to show you is God is not gay people, other religions, and non-believers.

I see ALL people ultimatly returning to God who is a savior not a monster. I do believe in God's judgment; but is just not unjust as most christian religions preach

I am well aware of what you are trying to say - however - that isn't what the Christian texts you are posting tell us.

They say only believers will rise with Jesus, and the others in punishment are annihilated.

Benoni

I am well aware of what you are trying to say - however - that isn't what the Christian texts you are posting tell us.

They say only believers will rise with Jesus, and the others in punishment are annihilated.

Wrong. That is what religion and tradition tells you. But if you dig deep beyond the letter that killeth that is not what the Bible is saying.

Luke 3: 1-6 is one small example. religion tells you, "they are only going to "SEE" the salvation of God from a far off. But look at the GreeK.

with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable;

Benoni

The word punishment means to prune chasise in the Greek

No wher eis the word annihilated used in the Bible

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Example:

I understand what religion tries to tell (NT:991, which denotes simply voluntary observation; and from) or (NT:4648 a watching from a distance); they claim you will only see the salvation of God; but turn on your spiritually understand and stop hearing what tradition is saying. The Jew’s are traditionalist; Christians should be mature spiritual sons with ears to hear and eyes to see beyond the carnal literal. See: with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable

See: Strong’s NT:3700

optanomai (op-tan'-om-ahee); a (middle voice) prolonged form of the primary (middle voice) optomai (op'-tom-ahee); which is used for it in certain tenses; and both as alternate of NT:3708; to gaze (i.e. with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable; and thus differing from NT:991, which denotes simply voluntary observation; and from NT:1492, which expresses merely mechanical, passive or casual vision; while NT:2300, and still more emphatically its intensive NT:2334, signifies an earnest but more continued inspection; and NT:4648 a watching from a distance):

KJV - appear, look, see, shewself.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Luke 3: 6 (Amp) And all mankind shall see (behold and [a]understand and at last acknowledge) the salvation of God (the deliverance from eternal death decreed by God).

Luke 3 (msg)

A Baptism of Life-Change

1-6 In the fifteenth year of the rule of Caesar Tiberius—it was while Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea; Herod, ruler of Galilee; his brother Philip, ruler of Iturea and Trachonitis; Lysanias, ruler of Abilene; during the Chief-Priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas—John, Zachariah's son, out in the desert at the time, received a message from God. He went all through the country around the Jordan River preaching a baptism of life-change leading to forgiveness of sins, as described in the words of Isaiah the prophet:

Thunder in the desert!
"Prepare God's arrival!
Make the road smooth and straight!
Every ditch will be filled in,
Every bump smoothed out,
The detours straightened out,
All the ruts paved over.
Everyone will be there to see
The parade of God's salvation."

You still don't get it.

Luke 3:6 and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

For ALL to SEE/PERCEIVE/UNDERSTAND salvation - is NOT the same as RECEIVING it at the end. It does not say that. It specifically says people will be annihilated.

Luke 3:9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Wrong. That is what religion and tradition tells you. But if you dig deep beyond the letter that killeth that is not what the Bible is saying.

Luke 3: 1-6 is one small example. religion tells you, "they are only going to "SEE" the salvation of God from a far off. But look at the GreeK.

with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable;

You are telling us to ignore what the Bible actually says -

for YOUR GUESS at what it "actually" means.

PS. I did look at and translate it from the Greek.

και οψεται πασα σαρξ το σωτηριον του θεου

Note: in order in the Greek it says - and shall see all flesh the salvation of the Theos.

Last edited:

Benoni

You still don't get it.

For ALL to SEE/PERCEIVE/UNDERSTAND salvation - is NOT the same as RECEIVING it at the end. It does not say that. It specifically says people will be annihilated.

Luke 3:9 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

It means the same thing if you see God with wide open eyes that is the same as receiving.

Have you ever looked at what God's fire is in the Bible from a spiritual example???

God's fire does not Annihilate it purges.

The Greek Word for fire is "pur" which we get our English words pure, purify, purge and yes the Catholic term purgatory. Gee I wonder where they got that doctrine.
God has no need for physical fire to Annihilate

Why would God baptize us in the Holy Spirit and fire?
Why was there cloven tongues of fire on the first day of Pentecost
The Lake of Fire is all spiritual; John was in Spirit on the Lords day no where does it say John was being physical.

There are all kinds of spiritual fire in the Bible this is a nice one.

Daniels friend’s thrown in the Fiery Furnace in Babylon. Only their bondages were burn.

Dan 3:23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counselors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Babylon always speaks of the world run by man be it the financial, political or religious systems. Baby-lon (note spelling (joke) is a golden cup in the lands of the Lord.

Jeremiah 51:7 Babylon hath been a golden cup in the Lord's hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
You still don't get it.

It means the same thing if you see God with wide open eyes that is the same as receiving.

No it does NOT.

Seeing with wide open eyes - is like saying the cobwebs have been cleared away - and you now understand - salvation - as taught by Jesus.

It obviously does not mean you receive it.

And 3:9 shows this.

Benoni

No it does NOT.

Seeing with wide open eyes - is like saying the cobwebs have been cleared away - and you now understand - salvation - as taught by Jesus.

It obviously does not mean you receive it.

And 3:9 shows this.

Go ahead and believe as you do if it makes you feel better.

just all the verses I posted you you do not agree.

So I have no more to show you.

You have God all figured out..

Benoni

There is no religion in my translations of texts. These particular texts I've translated just happen to be religious.

your correct it is religious but not spiritual.

You restrict who God is by what you see and believe
Yes I agree you are not trying to gain favor with God but the rest fits.

The English word “religion” comes from the Latin “religio” which means “a taboo, a restraint” and bespeaks of a system exercised by the will of man designed to gain favor with God. The word broken down is “re” (return) +”ligare” (to bond with a restraint). Simply stated the word means… RETURN TO BONDAGE

Taboo is a perfect illustration of religion is doing to God’s deep and awesome Word.

Main Entry: 1ta·boo
Variant(s): also ta·bu /t&-'bü, ta-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Tongan tabu
1 : forbidden to profane use or contact because of what are held to be dangerous supernatural powers
2 a : banned on grounds of morality or taste <the subject is taboo> b : banned as constituting a risk <the area beyond is taboo, still alive with explosives -- Robert Leckie>

Benoni

Spiritually speaking and we are speaking of the realm of the spirit to see and hear is a spiritual hearing and seeing. Which means your spiritual eyes are wide open.

Your view of seeing is: NT:991, which denotes simply voluntary observation; and from NT:1492, which expresses merely mechanical, passive or casual vision; while NT:2300, and still more emphatically its intensive NT:2334, signifies an earnest but more continued inspection; and NT:4648 a watching from a distance):

But word used here is optanomai (op-tan'-om-ahee); NT:3708; to gaze (i.e. with wide-open eyes, as at something remarkable;

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I'd just have orgies and do drugs all the time. But I only want to sleep with hot people, so I might rape them if they refuse. Raping them might be hot, anyway.

(J/k. Well, j/k about the rape part, anyway.)