• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solution to Cosmology Crisis: Flat Universe with dome

Milton Platt

Explain then why publishing in journals is not Fallacy of Authority. It is the fallacy, but one needs money and grants. The rejection from a journal means nowadays nothing in relation to the correctness of the paper: the journal does not find the mistakes in the submissions. They simply troll me, saying: "we don't want it. Period." In the time of Einstein, the journals were in finding the truth, in finding the mistakes in the submissions.
an argument from authority is a claim that something is true just because someone said to be and authority says it is. Publishing in a peer reviewed journal is NOT an argument from authority. It is a standard part of the scientific process whereby one’s work is checked and validated by one’s peers.

questfortruth

an argument from authority is a claim that something is true just because someone said to be and authority says it is. Publishing in a peer reviewed journal is NOT an argument from authority. It is a standard part of the scientific process whereby one’s work is checked and validated by one’s peers.
No. I have a different experience. The papers are not being checked at all. I found many silly mistakes in peer-review literature. The referee checks the level of the author's authority, and not the paper itself.

Milton Platt

Fly is better than Hawking or not? From your philosophy.

If you base the value system you are using on humanly constructed values, the human is better than the fly.
From a purely naturalistic point of view, no one life form is “better” than another, just different.
Hawking is better at abstract thinking. The fly is better at flying.

Milton Platt

No. I have a different experience. The papers are not being checked at all. I found many silly mistakes in peer-review literature. The referee checks the level of the author's authority, and not the paper itself.

can you scan in and post a rejection letter from a journal that says they are rejecting your paper because you don’t have enough authority?

Last edited:

questfortruth

If you base the value system you are using on humanly constructed values, the human is better than the fly.
From a purely naturalistic point of view, no one life form is “better” than another, just different.
Hawking is better at abstract thinking. The fly is better at flying.
If fly and Dr. Hawking would be in mortal danger, and you can save only one, what is your choice? Can you justify to let fly die?

Bob the Unbeliever

If fly and Dr. Hawking would be in mortal danger, and you can save only one, what is your choice? Can you justify to let fly die?

Depends. Is Dr Hawking already dying, and does the fly's genes contain a cure for <insert dread ailment here>?

Or? Is Dr Hawking breathing his last breath, and the fly is a Representative from a Fly Civilization, who has come to Trade with Earthlings?

You can paint hypothetical anything, if you use your imagination enough.

questfortruth

Depends. Is Dr Hawking already dying, and does the fly's genes contain a cure for <insert dread ailment here>?

Or? Is Dr Hawking breathing his last breath, and the fly is a Representative from a Fly Civilization, who has come to Trade with Earthlings?

You can paint hypothetical anything, if you use your imagination enough.
But if you have no information about the fly. But you see the fly and human in danger, what is your reaction?

Bob the Unbeliever

But if you have no information about the fly. But you see the fly and human in danger, what is your reaction?

Nope. The fly has telepathically communicated with me, that he is a Scout, for a highly industrial fly-based civilization, and wants to Trade with Earthlings.

He wants to sell carbon dioxide mitigation technology, in exchange for the secret of paint. It seems his civilization never figured out paint. With CO2 utilization technology, I'll be able to cure Global Climate Change within 10 years, and make lots of money.

As for Hawking? I know that's an Impostor: I saw the funeral of the Real Dr Hawking on TV. This is some con-job, pretending. Likely he's some Evangelical Theist or New Age Guru or something.

I pick Fly.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just emotions. Be more like Data in Star Trek.
i am. You posted nonsense. You know it is nonsense, and to defend yourself you abused the concept of an Appeal to Authority. If you want research money you need to do what a scientist that believes in himself does. He publishes in a well respected professional peer reviewed journal. If you don't believe in yourself you can't expect those with money to believe in you.

questfortruth

i am. You posted nonsense. You know it is nonsense, and to defend yourself you abused the concept of an Appeal to Authority. If you want research money you need to do what a scientist that believes in himself does. He publishes in a well respected professional peer-reviewed journal. If you don't believe in yourself you can't expect those with money to believe in you.
I have presented my arguments and an alternative explanation of the facts. That one must do because the current Big Bang model has run into the "Cosmology Crisis". If that model can not be accepted as sane one even in the forum, then top journals will put me behind bars as the "mental terrorist".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have presented my arguments and an alternative explanation of the facts. That one must do because the current Big Bang model has run into the "Cosmology Crisis". If that model can not be accepted as sane one even in the forum, then top journals will put me behind bars as the "mental terrorist".
Present them to experts in the field.

If you don't believe in yourself how do you expect others to believe in you?

Milton Platt

They are driven by hidden motives.

so the answer is no.
Why would you post an hypothesis you say would turn a well grounded scientific theory ( actually several theories) on their heads in this forum where there are virtually no experts to verify your work and not a single person takes you for anything more than a joke?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The Universe is flat Pseudo-Euclidean, Minkowski ds^2=-dt^2+dx^2+dy^2+dz^2.

If it was Minkowski then the line element would be
ql_325a386186e5fa8f2f4047a6cef69a45_l3.png
(or with opposite signs). What you've given is the line element for purely Euclidean space-time - which obviously isn't our universe, though Greg Egan has written a trilogy of science fiction books about such a universe.