• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some questions about evolution.

lunakilo

Evolutionists make up fairy tales all the time and call it science.
Once upon a time there was an amoeba.
It swam around in a muddy pool of mostly water and was quite happy doing so.

I had many children, all by itself, for it needed nobody to help it with reproduction.
The poor amoeba never had sex, but is wasn't sad because it didn't know what it was missing.

Then one day the amoeba accetently swan into something. First it thought it was food, but then it realized it was another amoeba.
And the two had sex and felt it was good.
They became fruitful, and brought forth abundantly in the muddy pool.
The amoebas children had children of their own, and the amoeba childrens children did too. And so for many many generations the reproduction went on.

And behold the ofspring changed in apperance and function. Some set forth from the muddy pool and colonized the barren earth beyond it.

And so the generations came and went. Untill one day you were born.

Just think...

For billions of years since the outset of time
Every single one of your ancestors has survived
Every single person on your mum and dad's side
Successfully looked after and passed on to you life.

And that is the fairy tale some people call science :)

Looncall

Where did the vitamin A come from? Where did the protein come from? Where did the light come from? How did the protein know how to use vitamin A? Why does the protein change shape? Pretty mundane...REALLLY?

This is all just mundane chemistry. No sky-fairies needed.

Looncall

Thanks for your thoughts. The answer to your question about chemistry being a happy accident is No. Chemistry and chemicals are the product of an orderly mind, and did not just happen. What are called natural processes are events of truly astounding complexity. As to the human eye, I'm not sure what you mean when you speak of a variety of flaws. Even a cursory study reveals the eye's astonishingly brilliant design. So-called flaws in the eye have been shown to be, after careful study, instead perfectly constructed. And real flaws in all parts of our anatomy are the result of sin and imperfection at work in us, not in any design flaws. (Romans 5:12) Scientists cannot, with all their intelligence and effort, fully duplicate the functioning of the human eye. To attribute the eye to evolutionary process is to blind our eyes (excuse the expression) to the manifest facts.

Please cite your sources. This looks to me to be just about all wrong.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Once upon a time there was an amoeba.
It swam around in a muddy pool of mostly water and was quite happy doing so.

I had many children, all by itself, for it needed nobody to help it with reproduction.
The poor amoeba never had sex, but is wasn't sad because it didn't know what it was missing.

Then one day the amoeba accetently swan into something. First it thought it was food, but then it realized it was another amoeba.
And the two had sex and felt it was good.
They became fruitful, and brought forth abundantly in the muddy pool.
The amoebas children had children of their own, and the amoeba childrens children did too. And so for many many generations the reproduction went on.

And behold the ofspring changed in apperance and function. Some set forth from the muddy pool and colonized the barren earth beyond it.

And so the generations came and went. Untill one day you were born.

Just think...

For billions of years since the outset of time
Every single one of your ancestors has survived
Every single person on your mum and dad's side
Successfully looked after and passed on to you life.

And that is the fairy tale some people call science :)
Here is the docudrama about your fable.
[youtube]faRlFsYmkeY[/youtube]
The Simpsons - Homer Evolution - YouTube

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Where did the vitamin A come from? Where did the protein come from? Where did the light come from? How did the protein know how to use vitamin A? Why does the protein change shape? Pretty mundane...REALLLY?
VitaminA is an amino acid..... proteins are strings of amino acids. Amino acids form naturally in the universe.

Proteins don't "know" anything... they operate on basic chemistry. Do you ask how water knows to bind together to form ice or how Silicon and Oxygen know how make a rock?

Proteins change shape for a lot of reasons thanks to their chemistry.

It's all basic chemistry... I suppose if you have never bothered to learn chemistry it must seem magical. But really it's not.

wa:do

camanintx

As to the human eye, I'm not sure what you mean when you speak of a variety of flaws. Even a cursory study reveals the eye's astonishingly brilliant design. So-called flaws in the eye have been shown to be, after careful study, instead perfectly constructed.
You think having the nerves connecting our eyes to our brain located in front of the light receptor cells instead of behind them like in squid is an example of "intelligent design"? Far from disproving this flaw, science has found more evidence for how evolution helped us overcome this problem.

Sign in to read: Evolution gave flawed eye better vision - 06 May 2010 - New Scientist

Belief Show

Sorry, rusra02, but 'astonishingly brilliant design' is not good enough.
If intelligently designed by God, it would have to be not only 'perfect', but because it had achieved perfection, it would have to be unchangeable.
And since your eyes are slightly different than your parents' eyes... you're busted (and so is Intelligent Design).

Oh, and camanintx's Voltaire's quote is indefinitely increasingly important.

rusra02

Premium Member
VitaminA is an amino acid..... proteins are strings of amino acids. Amino acids form naturally in the universe.

Proteins don't "know" anything... they operate on basic chemistry. Do you ask how water knows to bind together to form ice or how Silicon and Oxygen know how make a rock?

Proteins change shape for a lot of reasons thanks to their chemistry.

It's all basic chemistry... I suppose if you have never bothered to learn chemistry it must seem magical. But really it's not.

pc pp. 9-10 pars. 3-4 "Evolutionists acknowledge that the probability of the right atoms and molecules falling into place to form just one simple protein molecule is about 1 in 10113, or 1 followed by 113 zeros. In other words, it could take 10113 chances for the event to occur once. But any event that has one chance in 1050 is dismissed by mathematicians as never happening.
4However, far more than one simple protein molecule is needed for life to occur. For a cell to maintain its functions, some 2,000 different proteins are needed. What, then, is the probability of all of these happening at random? It is estimated that it is 1 in 1040,000, or 1 followed by 40,000 zeros! Are you willing to rest your faith on such an outrageously remote probability?"
Basic chemistry? I don't think so.​

rusra02

Premium Member
Sorry, rusra02, but 'astonishingly brilliant design' is not good enough.
If intelligently designed by God, it would have to be not only 'perfect', but because it had achieved perfection, it would have to be unchangeable.
And since your eyes are slightly different than your parents' eyes... you're busted (and so is Intelligent Design).

Oh, and camanintx's Voltaire's quote is indefinitely increasingly important.

The illnesses and imperfection we experience today are the result of our first parent's sin. Sickness, disease, and death are the inheritance we have received from Adam. (Romans 5:12) BTW, perfection does not mean uniformity, nor does it mean unchangeableness. A thing is perfect from God's perspective, if it fulfills the purpose for which he created it. Why you would think that one person's eyes differing from another disproves intelligent design puzzles me.

rusra02

Premium Member
You think having the nerves connecting our eyes to our brain located in front of the light receptor cells instead of behind them like in squid is an example of "intelligent design"? Far from disproving this flaw, science has found more evidence for how evolution helped us overcome this problem.

Sign in to read: Evolution gave flawed eye better vision - 06 May 2010 - New Scientist

ToE proponents point to the the design referred to above as 'poor design'. This, rather, points out the evolutionist's propensity for simplistic claims and a woeful lack of humility. In fact, the human eye is a marvel of design, including the placement of its parts. ToE advocates are like a small child telling a skilled watchmaker; "You made the watch all wrong."
g88 6/8 p. 7 “The retina,” states the book The Living Body, “is one of the most remarkable pieces of tissue in the human body.” It is “the envy of the computer scientist, performing approximately 10 billion calculations every second,” states Sandra Sinclair in her book How Animals See."
More research without a ToE agenda has revealed how marvelously the human eye is designed.​

rusra02

Premium Member
My perfectly designed eyes .... why do I wear glasses again? :cool:

Probably because some smart person designed those glasses to correct your vision. Sin and imperfection caused the need for glasses. "The wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23)

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
The illnesses and imperfection we experience today are the result of our first parent's sin. Sickness, disease, and death are the inheritance we have received from Adam.

Sin and imperfection caused the need for glasses. "The wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23)

You do know that the whole original sin thingie is nonsense and that there never was a biblical Adam and Eve? :sarcastic
Really.
We even have the evidence to back it up.

Oh, wait... You don't think evidence is important, do you? :facepalm:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
pc pp. 9-10 pars. 3-4 "Evolutionists acknowledge that the probability of the right atoms and molecules falling into place to form just one simple protein molecule is about 1 in 10113, or 1 followed by 113 zeros. In other words, it could take 10113 chances for the event to occur once. But any event that has one chance in 1050 is dismissed by mathematicians as never happening.
4However, far more than one simple protein molecule is needed for life to occur. For a cell to maintain its functions, some 2,000 different proteins are needed. What, then, is the probability of all of these happening at random? It is estimated that it is 1 in 1040,000, or 1 followed by 40,000 zeros! Are you willing to rest your faith on such an outrageously remote probability?"
Basic chemistry? I don't think so.​
Are you ever going to show your math?
I have asked fr you to.
On numerous occasions and I do believe in more than one thread.

You cling to this "odds are against it" argument, yet you are unwilling to support the argument by showing any of the math for it.
Why is that?

rusra02

Premium Member
You do know that the whole original sin thingie is nonsense and that there never was a biblical Adam and Eve? :sarcastic
Really.
We even have the evidence to back it up.

Oh, wait... You don't think evidence is important, do you? :facepalm:

Yes, I think evidence is very important, and no, you don't have the evidence to back up your assertions.

rusra02

Premium Member
Are you ever going to show your math?
I have asked fr you to.
On numerous occasions and I do believe in more than one thread.

You cling to this "odds are against it" argument, yet you are unwilling to support the argument by showing any of the math for it.
Why is that?

This is not my math. These are published figures, and available to all.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes, I think evidence is very important, and no, you don't have the evidence to back up your assertions.
What evidence do you have to back up yours?
I mean, you cannot even be bothered to show your math, even when flat out asked NUMEROUS times, to back up your "odds are it could not happen that way" argument.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
This is not my math. These are published figures, and available to all.
And yet you are unable to present a link to even one of them?
You are unable to provide the name of even one book where this math can be found?